Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 26, 2024, 12:55:26 pm

Fire Bert

Started by NorCalRazorback, September 16, 2017, 10:54:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCalRazorback

Anyone have any idea what it takes to actually get rid of this guy?  Bert has ruined any chance we have of ever being at least a 9 win team.  We have amazing facilities, a good school, money, great fans and we can get decent athletes.

Have you noticed that he hires people that are not ever on the radar?  I think he has built a reputation with experienced assistant coaches, coordinators and position coaches - so we get people that have little experience and NO SEC experience.

He must have a bro-crush on "Coach Herb" - and what has this dude done... takes fast athletes and makes them slower, loads of foot injuries due to his obsession with trying to be like those dudes on ESPN late at night carrying tomb stones and throwing beer kegs over high jump bars on Worlds Strongest Man competitions.  Other teams players look more cut and actually get faster.

Do you know another SEC program that has so many walk-on starters?  I'm all for it - but Geez, I mean either you cannot judge talent and sign kids that no one else is recruiting and as a result we have walk-ons beating out scholarship players that have been in the program for 3 or 4 years.

Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Mississippi State, South Carolina have all rebounded and gotten better, we just get worse.

Other teams will play true freshman that can play.  Poor old Hammonds is languishing here.  He should be playing.  Remember Damarea Crockett... we didn't offer him.  What about Maleek Williams... other schools will use several backs and use them for advantages...Bert  and his crew stick with the cold hand over and over.

Fire Bert - we have to find a way. 
"...and Decori Birmingham has caught it in the back of the end zone to tie it at 20 all with 9 seconds left..." 

Miracle on Markham '02
Arkansas 21 LSU 20

JaketheSnake

First time this has been discussed.

sickboy

Ragnar Hogbrok

Go drunk.  You're home.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

RazorbackAlways

Nashville Fan

Fans are the worst part of college football.
Pittman or Bust!

sickboy

Quote from: Nashville Fan on September 16, 2017, 11:44:01 pm

People really are the worst.

rtr

Quote from: Nashville Fan on September 16, 2017, 11:44:01 pm
Without fans there would be no college football.  Pull your head out.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Tusks

If it wasn't for people, the world would be great.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

rtr

Quote from: tusked on September 16, 2017, 11:47:13 pm
If it wasn't for people, the world would be great.
And without culture, science and art.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

mckinneyhog5

All that writing for?????
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

AirWarren

Quote from: NorCalRazorback on September 16, 2017, 10:54:20 pm
Anyone have any idea what it takes to actually get rid of this guy?  Bert has ruined any chance we have of ever being at least a 9 win team.  We have amazing facilities, a good school, money, great fans and we can get decent athletes.

Have you noticed that he hires people that are not ever on the radar?  I think he has built a reputation with experienced assistant coaches, coordinators and position coaches - so we get people that have little experience and NO SEC experience.

He must have a bro-crush on "Coach Herb" - and what has this dude done... takes fast athletes and makes them slower, loads of foot injuries due to his obsession with trying to be like those dudes on ESPN late at night carrying tomb stones and throwing beer kegs over high jump bars on Worlds Strongest Man competitions.  Other teams players look more cut and actually get faster.

Do you know another SEC program that has so many walk-on starters?  I'm all for it - but Geez, I mean either you cannot judge talent and sign kids that no one else is recruiting and as a result we have walk-ons beating out scholarship players that have been in the program for 3 or 4 years.

Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Mississippi State, South Carolina have all rebounded and gotten better, we just get worse.

Other teams will play true freshman that can play.  Poor old Hammonds is languishing here.  He should be playing.  Remember Damarea Crockett... we didn't offer him.  What about Maleek Williams... other schools will use several backs and use them for advantages...Bert  and his crew stick with the cold hand over and over.

Fire Bert - we have to find a way.

Did not read.

mckinneyhog5

If I couldn't read and someone taught me how and this was the first thing I read, I'd be like thanks for wasting my time.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Nashville Fan

Quote from: rtr on September 16, 2017, 11:45:19 pm
Without fans there would be no college football.  Pull your head out.
Thank you for confirming my opinion
Pittman or Bust!