Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 25, 2024, 06:07:43 am

Hogville

Started by Bacon_Bitz, September 16, 2017, 08:45:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bacon_Bitz

The loss plus the bye week has really made this place full of insufferable blowhard "fans"

Yeah we may end up not being any good this year. Or we might win nine games. No one knows. Teams are so up and down this early in the year. It's funny to see grown men act like five year old children who just lost a game of checkers cry like babies on Hogville. I really wish we could do something like on Jimmy Kimmel and have some of y'all Internet tough guys read your posts aloud. You can even stay in your lazy boy if getting up is just too much for you at this sad point in your life.

Go hogs. Looking forward to the game next weekend, and the next nine or ten after that. Then we will do it all again next year.

sickboy

It's getting progressively worse, year after year. The bi-polar nature after every loss seems ten times worse than it did ten years ago.

Maybe the Russians hacked Hogville too.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: sickboy on September 16, 2017, 08:50:33 pm
It's getting progressively worse, year after year. The bi-polar nature after every loss seems ten times worse than it did ten years ago.

Maybe the Russians hacked Hogville too.

It's the anger stage.  When you realize this is actually who we are.  Or is that the denial stage?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

JaketheSnake

It's been pretty rough.  With as many young players as we are playing, we should get better as the season progresses.  Won't matter, some fans are so far off the deep end there is no returning.

hobhog

The NewEra

I think it's mostly the I want everything my way and now generation.

factchecker

We have a ton of fans who only show up when we lose.

MMQB isn't unique.

Jump Ball is 100 x's worse after a loss.

There are even some posters who try and ruin Extra Innings but the mods over there do a great job of keeping that place clean.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Cmheinley

It's like reading the comments section from a pro Trump or anti Trump article. it's a shyt show and a train wreck, but I can't help but look and revel in the insanity.

rtr

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 16, 2017, 08:52:51 pm
It's the anger stage.  When you realize this is actually who we are.  Or is that the denial stage?
You are calling other fans losers.  You are projecting yourself onto others. 
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: rtr on September 16, 2017, 09:01:50 pm
You are calling other fans losers.  You are projecting yourself onto others. 

Whatever.  I'm talking about the program.  It is a mediocre program.  Has been for decades.  Has nothing to do with fans.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

rtr

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 16, 2017, 09:04:59 pm
Whatever.  I'm talking about the program.  It is a mediocre program.  Has been for decades.  Has nothing to do with fans.
Maybe some want it better than mediocre.  You must be millenial.

no one

I believe, myself included, a number of fans don't post much except to vent frustrations. If that bothers you, would you care to post the positives?  Not much to post is there.

rtr

Not many positives to post.

thebignasty

millenials are the toxic fans and also the ones who accept mediocrity already in this thread.

Those millenial pieces of darn.

Swestwill66

It's the anger stage. I just came outta denial last game.

rtr

Quote from: thebignasty on September 16, 2017, 09:10:54 pm
millenials are the toxic fans and also the ones who accept mediocrity already in this thread.

Those millenial pieces of darn.
They dont know any better.

grayhawg

Positives are non existent since Nov 25th last year.

bondhue

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on September 16, 2017, 08:45:00 pm
I really wish we could do something like on Jimmy Kimmel and have some of y'all Internet tough guys read your posts aloud. You can even stay in your lazy boy if getting up is just too much for you at this sad point in your life.
How did you like the "Will we be 5-0 going to Bama" threads?
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: rtr on September 16, 2017, 09:06:07 pm
Maybe some want it better than mediocre.  You must be millenial.

Not a millennial.  I think you're confused by my tongue and cheak post.

Wanting something and believing it will happen isnt the same thing.  I mean, duh, even a Millennial wants to win more.

rtr

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 16, 2017, 09:17:53 pm
Not a millennial.  I think you're confused by my tongue and cheak post.

Wanting something and believing it will happen isnt the same thing.  I mean, duh, even a Millennial wants to win more.
I know I do.  Maybe it is time for Arkansas to reclaim the University of Arkansas.

Porkette

I choose to read this board in good humor, but the one big thing I will never understand about sports fans (not just Hogville) is the constant "prisoner of the moment" mentality. People watch one series of one game and then proclaim a team great or horrible for the year and announce who everyone is or isn't going to beat for the remainder of the season. I mean seriously, are some of you 12 years old? Have you watched one entire season of a sport in your life?  ;)
GO HOGS GO!

DoubleReedHawgCaller

It's knowing we can be a lot more than what we are and those in charge of trying to make that happen do stupid darn like $15 million buyouts or stand on the sidelines starring off into space. Then feed us a bunch of BS on how this team is coming along real well year after year to no avail to see them look disorganized and confused. So yes the same old BS year after year gets old and frustrating. Screw those in charge!
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Poker_hog

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on September 16, 2017, 08:45:00 pm
It's funny to see grown men act like five year old children who just lost a game of checkers cry like babies on Hogville. I really wish we could do something like on Jimmy Kimmel and have some of y'all Internet tough guys read your posts aloud. You can even stay in your lazy boy if getting up is just too much for you at this sad point in your life.

Haha. Pot meet kettle.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

PossumFan

The thing is, I'm not so sure there's a lot of "grown men" on this board. I allow myself to get sucked into these debates, but then it occurred to me I'm probably debating a bunch of adolescents holed up in mommy's basement.

bondhue

Quote from: Porkette on September 16, 2017, 09:27:27 pm
I choose to read this board in good humor, but the one big thing I will never understand about sports fans (not just Hogville) is the constant "prisoner of the moment" mentality. People watch one series of one game and then proclaim a team great or horrible for the year and announce who everyone is or isn't going to beat for the remainder of the season. I mean seriously, are some of you 12 years old? Have you watched one entire season of a sport in your life?  ;)
I don't know.  I watched the last 4 games.  That's a several month span.
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

luke hawg

Quote from: factchecker on September 16, 2017, 08:58:22 pm

We have a ton of fans who only show up when we lose.

MMQB isn't unique.

Jump Ball is 100 x's worse after a loss.

There are even some posters who try and ruin Extra Innings but the mods over there do a great job of keeping that place clean.

That's hilarious

bondhue

I also remember well the Bama game, which  I attended; the LSU game, which I  attended; and the Auburn game which  I thankfully did not attend.  Anyone who thinks it's one game ad we make a snap judgement just has not been paying attention, then wants to attribute their attention deficit disorder to someone else.

I love you all, because I love everything about the Razorbacks, almost.  Peace.

Porkette

Quote from: bondhue on September 16, 2017, 09:55:17 pm
I don't know.  I watched the last 4 games.  That's a several month span.

If you're talking about the current overall state of the Razorbacks program, that wasn't really my point here.
GO HOGS GO!

bondhue

Quote from: Porkette on September 16, 2017, 10:07:56 pm
If you're talking about the current overall state of the Razorbacks program, that wasn't really my point here.
I'm talking about what we can expect in game 3 of this year based on the past 15 games.  Let's start with game one of last year when LA Tech bounced the winning field goal off the goal post in the south end zone.  Peace.

Hawgphat

Hope springs eternal in the hearts of some rose-colored-glasses-wearing Hogs fans.  Blunted, slowly-fading hopes eventually set in upon a significant percentage of long-suffering Hogs fans.  Among still another faction of other Hogs fans who have ceased drinking the Kool-aid and ceased believing the glowing reports of the  "dramatic improvements" being forged in the competitive level of each succeeding new preseason hype prognosis, realization belatedly - but finally -  sets in bringing the sobering disclosure that Arkansas has settled firmly into a "have not", "also-ran", mediocre program with little or no expectation of ascending to the upper level of college football competitive achievement any time soon - - - if - - indeed - - EVER again.

To love the Hogs unconditionally and to continue to root for them in the face of misfortune is a loyal and laudable attitude.  To expect a miraculous turnaround in fortunes in the face of clear evidence to the contrary is irrational in the extreme.

It is what it is.

Woo, - - - Pig, - - - - Sooie, - - - - - - - - - - anyway.