Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 26, 2024, 01:23:14 pm

Started by HoginHouston, September 01, 2017, 10:23:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HoginHouston

That was the attendance at the season opener.

Wow.
Go Hogs Go.

J-Five

If you lived here, then you'd know the logistical nightmare a 7pm game on THURSDAY is.  I don't know why folks harp on attendance for a crappy team, but alas here we are. 
"If the person you're criticizing is doing it better than you are, close your mouth"

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: J-Five on September 01, 2017, 10:27:14 am
If you lived here, then you'd know the logistical nightmare a 7pm game on THURSDAY is.  I don't know why folks harp on attendance for a crappy team, but alas here we are.
because it's an embarrassment and we dont even want to play there anyway, so, thanks for all the final ammo we need to make sure it doesnt happen with regularity anymore.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

The_Iceman

Would have been no less than 55-60k there if the game was in Fayetteville.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: HoginHouston on September 01, 2017, 10:23:26 am

Wow.
Should not be a surprise in the least if you are aware of the situation: week night, terrible opponent, threatening weather, not as much opportunity to tailgate as would occur with Saturday game.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Sho Nuff

I was there and I thought the attendance looked a little higher than that, but what do I know...  Overall the crowd was pretty vocal, I thought it was a pretty good atmosphere for a rent-a-win.

HoginHouston

I go to most Little Rock games, and they usually come closer to filling it.

Thursday is tough for many people, I agree. Not criticizing anyone; just acknowledging my shock to see any SEC team besides Vandy with an attendance in the 30s.
Go Hogs Go.

SPAL

Probably because it was the season opener. You've waited  all year for football, there wasn't a lot of games on the last night, and central Arkansas has thrown a hissy fit about games being moved. You would think, logically, that if you didn't want something to go away, you would show up in force to keep it. However, that did not happen. So that's why people care about attendance. Because central Arkansas clearly doesn't care anymore.

hawganatic

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 01, 2017, 10:28:17 am
because it's an embarrassment and we dont even want to play there anyway, so, thanks for all the final ammo we need to make sure it doesnt happen with regularity anymore.

Be honest here.  Do you really think the attendance would have been any better if the game were in Fayetteville,  om a Thurs night after a stormy day?  Probably would have been worse since not many people would have made the drive up in those conditions to watch us play a FCS school.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 01, 2017, 10:31:15 am
Probably because it was the season opener. You've waited  all year for football, there wasn't a lot of games on the last night, and central Arkansas has thrown a hissy fit about games being moved. You would think, logically, that if you didn't want something to go away, you would show up in force to keep it. However, that did not happen. So that's why people care about attendance. Because central Arkansas clearly doesn't care anymore.
Most fans do not like being rained on or struck by lightning. I know, call them crazy! It was just the threat of it, mind you! Lightning never actually occurred! And rain was just a light spritzing at the beginning. Very cooling.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 01, 2017, 10:31:15 am

Most in central Arkansas know it's going away. Also, going to a Thursday 7pm game is just as big a pain in the a** in Little Rock as it is in Fayetteville.

This is my non-signature signature.

HognotinMemphis

I blame the lack of attendance on the NWA fanbase. Not enough of them drove down for a good game in good mild weather to watch the first game of the year. Pitiful.

oldhawg

Neither team has proved to be "crappy" yet.  FAMU was outmanned, as you should expect, but folks do not really know what kind of team in their classification that they are yet.  Same thing can be said about the Razorbacks.  Hogs are 1-0, my expectations are 2-0.

oldhawg

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 01, 2017, 10:44:00 am
I blame the lack of attendance on the NWA fanbase. Not enough of them drove down for a good game in good mild weather to watch the first game of the year. Pitiful.

Good point in that it is a two way street. 

On the other hand, you would think that there would be enough fans in the greater Little Rock area or the greater Fayetteville area to draw 50,000, even on a Thursday night against a lesser opponent.  Sign of the times I guess.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 01, 2017, 10:28:17 am

Regularity mean it will happen on occasion.

Leaving there means never going back—regularity is dashed.

Ben

I blame:
-The threatening weather
-Thursday game
-A very weak opponent
-Arkansas sucking in LR the past 5 years

But here are Northwesterns blaming Central Arkansas again. Blame LR all you want, but the real problem is within the team itself, Unless we want to have selective memory about almost losing to a LT team with a backup QB in Fayetteville. NWA gets Walmart and suddenly becomes uppity. They are going to be the reason this state divides.
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

majestic

Quote from: Ben on September 01, 2017, 12:14:10 pm
NWA gets Walmart and suddenly becomes uppity. They are going to be the reason this state divides.
You keep posting this nonsense like Walmart just started. It was founded in 1962.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

DeltaBoy

LOL Thursday plus TV screwed it all up/
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hobhog

Congrats to Hog fans that went.

2.9 million others just bitch about it....

hobhog

Quote from: Ben on September 01, 2017, 12:14:10 pm
I blame:
-The threatening weather
-Thursday game
-A very weak opponent
-Arkansas sucking in LR the past 5 years

But here are Northwesterns blaming Central Arkansas again. Blame LR all you want, but the real problem is within the team itself, Unless we want to have selective memory about almost losing to a LT team with a backup QB in Fayetteville. NWA gets Walmart and suddenly becomes uppity. They are going to be the reason this state divides.

Fair weather fans rock!

Inhogswetrust

I don't know why logistics is an excuse. I drove all the way from Memphis with I-40 heavy traffic. IF you really want to be there you will be.   
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HognotinMemphis

There was less than 25,000 at WMS for LSU game back when LSU sucked. Hogs beat them. I think it was maybe in first year of Nutt's 2 year pass...2003? It was November, raining and in low 40's. Very cold feeling.

Theolesnort

Quote from: hawganatic on September 01, 2017, 10:31:42 am
Be honest here.  Do you really think the attendance would have been any better if the game were in Fayetteville,  om a Thurs night after a stormy day?  Probably would have been worse since not many people would have made the drive up in those conditions to watch us play a FCS school.

The only way it would have been below 60,000 would have been on a Thursday plus the first week of deer season . That might have and I mean it when I say might have done it, but then I am not quite sure of even that part of it. Never the less give WMS a ceremony and give her a decent burial, she at least deserves that, because she served her purpose back in the day.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: HoginHouston on September 01, 2017, 10:23:26 am

Wow.

At least they SAW THEM WIN!!!!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.