Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sports pet peeves...

Started by Ugly Uncle, December 28, 2017, 06:45:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkhawg

Quote from: ALLVOL on January 02, 2018, 04:50:36 pm
This right here. This thread can end with this post right here. It's not Oprah it's SPORTS!!!

ESPN wishes it had the ratings and audience of Oprah.

Hogarusa

Quote from: ALLVOL on January 02, 2018, 04:50:36 pm
This right here. This thread can end with this post right here. It's not Oprah it's SPORTS!!!

Those stories are meant for the fanatics and diehards, they are meant for casual watchers who need a reason to watch and a rooting interest. Duh
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

opineonswine

Torqued pork

Going way out on a limb here, but I predict by next Monday night every college football fan will consider being reminded Kirby Smart was once Saban's DC a pet peeve.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Torqued pork on January 03, 2018, 05:00:20 am
Going way out on a limb here, but I predict by next Monday night every college football fan will consider being reminded Kirby Smart was once Saban's DC a pet peeve.

I didn't know that.  Really?    ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Snouty

11:00 a.m. Saturday football games

Thursday night football games. (except Thanksgiving)

Tuesday night football games.

Friday night college football games.

ESPN and other networks controlling the time of football games.  Who wants a homecoming game at 11:00 a.m.? 
I know the money is tremendous, but I wish universities would tell ESPN when it can broadcast their games, and not
the other way around.

Night games in December in Chicago, Cleveland, Boston and other cold weather venues.  However, it is fun to watch football
when you can't see the line markers when the field is covered with snow.

Anthracite jerseys.

World Series games in November.

(notOM)Rebel123

Announcers who feel the need to say "indipustable video evidence" every time a play is being reviewed.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber