Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 17, 2024, 09:59:23 pm

GM

Started by Qadi999, December 03, 2017, 04:14:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

zuko

Quote from: buldozer on December 03, 2017, 04:59:35 pm
So Gus had no intentions of coming to AR, he just used the UA as a bargaining chip to bump his salary. He will be fired long before that 5 year agreement is up..... and he will never coach here now. This was his one and only chance and he thumbed his nose at us.
He didn't have to say a  thing move a muscle because all of his supporters in Arkansas just got him a big big raise. Surely includes a hefty Bielout (Bielema buyout) buyout. +

rljjr

Quote from: hawaiianhogster on December 03, 2017, 06:03:38 pm
It doesn't matter who the head coach is but when you get the chance to land a good experienced SEC type of coach it suks when it doesn't go through.

Looks like you get what you want after all. No SECT or NC championship playoff berth ever. Whoooo pig sooie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring in the first loser, IF you can

Wow. Poor Widdle Arkiesaw Syndrome has a hold of you. This is not a huge loss. First, the dude was NEVER coming here. YOU let yourself buy into the hype. So blame yourself for believing it. We will be just fine with a younger and hungrier coach who actually WANTS to be here. Enthusiasm makes up for a lot. It might take a year or two, but it's going to be just fine. With Gus we were NEVER going to compete for championships.

Quickdraw

I'm glad the Gus for Arkansas campaign is over. Hopefully they can focus on hiring a good coach that will make us competitive with the rest of the conference.

Kingfish

Quote from: StanHog on December 03, 2017, 07:53:42 pm
This is why Petrino should have never been fired.

OMG!  How far removed from this event do we have to go before this isn't some folks 'go to' response every single year?

This is why Broyles should have never ran off Ken Hatfield.
...if  we had kept him, he'd still be here and we'd have 10 national championships and I wouldn't have to listen to folks cry about 'we shouldn't have fired Petrino' because he would never have been hired because Hatfield would still BE HERE!!!

Ifs and Buts...wouldas, couldas shouldas...it ALL is what it is...Harley boy was 3 or 4 coaches ago!

tusksincolorado

This is funny as shat....

Gus was never coming....ever

Now you Gussie's should understand your Messiah just used you for his benefit at Auburn...7.5 million dollar benefit.

You bunch of Lemurs!

What a pathetic bunch of "Gussie Lemurs"....
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

hview

Yep, he got the big bucks. I think that was all he wanted. It was never about coming home.

Hogwaller

Everybody is all mad at Gus because he got a big raise at Auburn, but it occurs to me that he wasn't pursuing us; we were pursuing him. It just happened to work in his favor. I think that under certain circumstances he would have come back, but the fact is Auburn is a better job than Arkansas at this point. Why should he leave a program he has worked to build for a program where he would have to start over at approximately the same pay. The circumstances made his decision much easier. If you put yourself in his place, you can't blame him.

moses_007

Quote from: AP85 on December 03, 2017, 06:14:28 pm
Yup!!!!!!

He is laughing at us right now.

Porkatarian out.......
You aint Pork........

hawaiianhogster

Quote from: rude1 on December 03, 2017, 07:24:41 pm
Schedule was right, he got both those games at home, and Bama's defense was beaten up at LB. Next year,that Ga., and Bama games will be on the road for him. Don't see him winning those games next year, as we witnessed how different the Ga. game was for them when it wasn't at home.
Good call. Yes it will be difficult for sure and Bama will definitely want their revenge big time.

StanHog

Quote from: StanHog on December 03, 2017, 07:53:42 pm
This is why Petrino should have never been fired.
Everybody was worried about being a laughing stock. Well, we would have been for a few weeks, if we had kept him, but we were anyway.
Instead, we hire a couple of bafoons  and have been a laughing stock for six years now.
We would have also won about 30 more games over the last six years .

PORKULATOR

Dump
Gus deserves no mention here.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.