Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I think I know why Morris was hired

Started by twistitup, March 09, 2018, 12:06:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

The 2 years prior to Morris' arrival, Clemson went a combined 15-12, including a record of 6-7 in 2010. Morris introduced a hurry-up, spread offense that helped Clemson to a 42-11 mark over the next four seasons

Nuff Said

Go Hogs Great Hire

#5yrplan

#UpperWestProject
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

HogJowler

It's taken you this long to figure this out.  Pure genius. 

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: HogJowler on March 09, 2018, 12:15:01 pm
It's taken you this long to figure this out.  Pure genius.
With all due respect, Twist has a lot on his plate with the upper west side improvements. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

Hog_Swanson

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: twistitup on March 09, 2018, 12:06:53 pm
The 2 years prior to Morris' arrival, Clemson went a combined 15-12, including a record of 6-7 in 2010. Morris introduced a hurry-up, spread offense that helped Clemson to a 42-11 mark over the next four seasons

Nuff Said

Go Hogs Great Hire

#5yrplan

#UpperWestProject
Then why does he need a 5 year plan? If what u say is true and he was the catalyst that made Clemson what they are, then it shouldnt take 5 years.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

LZH

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 09, 2018, 12:46:20 pm
Then why does he need a 5 year plan? If what u say is true and he was the catalyst that made Clemson what they are, then it shouldnt take 5 years.

Clemson recruits better. I said it first!

Vantage 8 dude

Who says it will necessarily ??? However, if we allowed CBB to try to five years to hopefully get us on track for improvement then SHOULD it take a fifth year with Morris that would be appropriate. Obviously we should all hope that by at least the third year (if not before) we've seen substantial progress.

RME

Quote from: LZH on March 09, 2018, 12:51:43 pm

Oh [CENSORED] you already went there!

Porkys Revenge

He doesn't need 5 years. He's just Trolling all the Bielemers that shouted "give him 5 years" from the get-go, only to watch the wheels fall off in that magical year we'd been told to wait for.

LZH

RME

WMHawgfan

doesn't really matter what his offensive philosophy is, if we don't field something that resembles a respectable defense its not going to matter. Sounds like he is working hard on the recruiting trail, I hope there is a lot of focus on getting some SEC caliber athletes on defense.

goodguytex

Quote from: WMHawgfan on March 09, 2018, 01:03:53 pm
doesn't really matter what his offensive philosophy is, if we don't field something that resembles a respectable defense its not going to matter. Sounds like he is working hard on the recruiting trail, I hope there is a lot of focus on getting some SEC caliber athletes on defense.
And special teams too. It takes competence at all 3 phases to make a football program a winning one.

Hawgphat

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on March 09, 2018, 12:24:23 pm
Oh, and I smite you for that. >:(

"Smiting" delivers a prodigious bite

And nobody likes to be bitten

Ill will is something one should not incite

Unless they desire to be "smitten"

:-*

liljo

March 09, 2018, 01:36:03 pm #14 Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 01:59:13 pm by liljo

I'll just take a little stab at this one...what was Arkansas record for just the two years prior to Morris' arrival? 11-14 overall, 4-12 in conference play. Clemson was 10-6 in the ACC over the two years before Morris came.

It's a lot bigger rebuilding job to be done at Arkansas. Any reasonable person (reasonable being the key word) will give Coach Morris some time.

I think people who actually know and understand the game of football will witness steady improvement in the quality of the Razorbacks year by year. We will become a team that nobody takes lightly. Nobody.
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

Bubba's Bruisers

Nuff Said

Go Hogs Great Hire

#5yrplan

#UpperWestProject

Now all he has to do is recruit like Clemson.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

Then call it a 4 year plan.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

And thought it was for His secret salsa recipe....Who knew
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

bphi11ips

Quote from: liljo on March 09, 2018, 01:36:03 pm
I'll just take a little stab at this one...what was Arkansas record for just the two years prior to Morris' arrival? 11-14 overall, 4-12 in conference play. Clemson was 10-6 in the ACC over the two years before Morris came.

It's a lot bigger rebuilding job to be done at Arkansas. Any reasonable person (reasonable being the key word) will give Coach Morris some time.

I think people who actually know and understand the game of football will witness steady improvement in the quality of the Razorbacks year by year. We will become a team that nobody takes lightly. Nobody.

John Chavis said the other day that games are won and lost based upon what you do in the offseason.  Anyone who has been around winning cultures knows how true that is.  Players' recent comments about Coach Tru's offseason program are encouraging.  Recruits are telling Richard Davenport something special is going on in Fayetteville.  I think
they believe it.  The energy in the Fred Smith and the Jones centers is palpable.  The NEZ looks better every day.  There are a bunch of very good football players who have been waiting for an opportunity to shine. 

For the most part, it seems as if everyone loved CBB and his staff.  But there seems to be a new sense of urgency in the football program and a demand for excellence that was lacking in the previous regime.

Changing a culture doesn't take five years.  Building an SEC West contender might take a while, though.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

OLEJACKETFAN

CM Offense have improved whatever Team he has gone to in the first year. The Defense and Special Teams were much slower at SMU. This was the only Team where he was Head Coach. He made a terrible DC Hire at SMU. Malone just wasn't ready for a DC job. Another factor they lagged was Talent. I remember telling my Brother, it wont take Chad long to fix SMU. He laughed at me and said you really are not aware of the Talent gap at SMU. He was so right! I remember the University of Houston/ SMU Game. Player to Player there were only 2 Mustangs that would have replaced the Houston Starters that first year. I  am very concerned with a Talent Gap at Arkansas compared with other Top SEC West Teams. When CM says the Hogs have to get bigger & faster, that's a concern. I do know SMU Top 2 wide Receivers last year would start at Arkansas. Just don't know much else about the Talent on hand. Chief should make a big difference. Also a lot better Athletes for Special Teams! Im optimistic!!

nchogg

With Coach B his first year and last year his receivers could not run routes. Years 2, 3 and 4 were good. I always felt our receiver coach was not up to par since it took him 2 years to run their routes. Now our TE's were a different story. Coach Enos did score many points and a defense that was porous. Now we have a proven DC. I did not know anything about Coach Morris when he was hired. I do like his energy and what I have read about his coaching philosophy and his high energy and like what he will put on the field. He has brought life back to Razorback football and glad we have him here. Wooo Pig!

HoggyCat

More like a qb by the name of Jones who is the grandson of a former player on a national championship team at Arkansas and contributes million$ to the department.

Don't get me wrong, I'm on board with the hire, but if people think he would've goiten the job without a push from Jerrah, they're delusional.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

ChicoHog

Quote from: LZH on March 09, 2018, 12:51:43 pm
They started recruiting better when Swinney went to the power brokers at Clemson and told them what he needs to compete such as top notch facilities, money for assistants, etc.,  Then they recruited really well and they very seldom missed on a recruit.  Swinney, along with Saban, Harbaugh and Meyer are the best recruiters out there among head coaches and Willie Taggart is close behind. 

twistitup

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on March 09, 2018, 01:38:52 pm
Now all he has to do is recruit like Clemson.

He was also part of Clemson recruiting. He wasn't brought in just to change the offense - but also to recruit.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: Hawgphat on March 09, 2018, 01:32:34 pm
"Smiting" delivers a prodigious bite

And nobody likes to be bitten

Ill will is something one should not incite

Unless they desire to be "smitten"

:-*
You get a smite too.

farmhawg

Still missing Bert I see....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

kodiakisland

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on March 09, 2018, 12:23:23 pm
With all due respect, Twist has a lot on his plate with the upper west side improvements. 

Literally, on his plate.  Wonder how much weight he's gained while working this much needed project.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

systemroot

Gee willikers, it must be Obvious Day at Camp Stupid.

Hawgphat

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on March 09, 2018, 04:14:08 pm
You get a smite too.

That's my death knell

I'm surely a "goner"

As you surely can tell

I relish the honor

:D

Hawginj

Pig in the Pokey

Nuff Said

Go Hogs Great Hire

#5yrplan

#UpperWestProject
how did you not figure this out on day 1 like the rest of us? too busy dreaming up exotic quesadillas?

And, it really isnt "nuff said" without first adding "DOMINATE bEast Texas recruiting"....
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Porkys Revenge

March 10, 2018, 11:42:30 am #32 Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 12:24:40 pm by Porkys Revenge
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 10, 2018, 11:24:06 am
how did you not figure this out on day 1 like the rest of us? too busy dreaming up exotic quesadillas?

And, it really isnt "nuff said" without first adding "DOMINATE bEast Texas recruiting"....
He done w the entrees and moving on to the desserts.

Porkys Revenge

Quote from: Porkys Revenge on March 10, 2018, 11:42:30 am
He done w the entrees and moving on to the desserts.

#Friedrice&Funnelcakes

#fromberttofirst

#NewChadCity

#Porkchopper

#LOADUP

SPAL

twistitup

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 10, 2018, 11:24:06 am

I knew...thought others needed a reminder. Strange amount of support for the former drunk.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: twistitup on March 10, 2018, 01:06:05 pm
I knew...thought others needed a reminder. Strange amount of support for the former drunk.
we like booze
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: liljo on March 09, 2018, 01:36:03 pm

Let us forget not this little formula:

ACC < SEC

By a lot. This matters. Clemson's rise was much less of an uphill battle as Arkansas will have

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

twistitup

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 10, 2018, 01:14:40 pm
we like booze

I enjoy a little booze too...I'm also not a role model to a roster full of kids

or...maybe the old coach should make a video similar to Barkley...."just because I coach football doesn't mean I should raise your kids"

At the end of the day - I think CCM will be a fine role model.

Farmer Hogget

He was hired because he promised to kiss the butts of the good ole boys who are now in charge of the UofA Athletics programs.  Same reason the new Athletics Director was hired.  They are yes men.  End of story!  Bye, bye!  See you later!

twistitup

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on March 10, 2018, 04:28:14 pm
He was hired because he promised to kiss the butts of the good ole boys who are now in charge of the UofA Athletics programs.  Same reason the new Athletics Director was hired.  They are yes men.  End of story!  Bye, bye!  See you later!

Thanks Jen - we appreciate the input.

Tell Tito - thanks for nothing.

Farmer Hogget

Quote from: twistitup on March 10, 2018, 04:29:19 pm
Thanks Jen - we appreciate the input.

Tell Tito - thanks for nothing.

Thanks, hater!  But that's the facts.  Yes men who have been well coached to say what the good ole boys want to be said.

twistitup

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on March 10, 2018, 06:16:06 pm
Thanks, hater!  But that's the facts.  Yes men who have been well coached to say what the good ole boys want to be said.

Yes men? Yes, they are charge of bringing back what was once a winner

I would rather have Jerra on my side than not on my side. Ask your bud Jeffie about that.

Thanks again Jen - one more round!

Farmer Hogget

Quote from: twistitup on March 10, 2018, 06:41:31 pm
Yes men? Yes, they are charge of bringing back what was once a winner

I would rather have Jerra on my side than not on my side. Ask your bud Jeffie about that.

Thanks again Jen - one more round!

So when someone disagrees with you, your answer is to call them Jen.  That's a remarkable statement as to your intellect.

Yes.  Jeff was fired because he represented the fact that the good ole boys lost control when Houston Nutt left and have done everything they can to get their power back.  They won.  Now, we will see if the U of A did.  I'm in hopes this was a good hire but, unlike many of you who assume all the fluff and cheer leading means more victories, I'm willing to wait and see.  If it is a success, I will cheer the decision, if not, I will do as I've done in the past. . .await a new coach.

twistitup

rtr

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on March 10, 2018, 04:28:14 pm
They won cause Bielema didn't win and Long seemed to be ok with that.  It is really that simple Farmer. 
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Farmer Hogget

Quote from: rtr on March 10, 2018, 08:56:45 pm
They won cause Bielema didn't win and Long seemed to be ok with that.  It is really that simple Farmer.

You believe that if  you want to.

rtr

The more smites the more intelligent I get.