Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike’s recruiting

Started by rolyat_2008, March 20, 2018, 02:08:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

raz1965

Mike's recruiting has picked up, don't think that point can be disputed honestly. Mike has apparently met enough goals for the administration to extend his contract, regardless of the outside looking in view if some fans.

Pumbaa

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 23, 2018, 01:16:07 pm
Beard was 114. His stats speak for themselves: http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/roster/anton-beard/

To bold: You have me confused with someone else. I have no idea what you're talking about.

I do apologize if that wasn't you. For that I am sorry. My mistake.

Beard was in that range, yes. He played a supporting role, I agree. But there really are only a few that have been in that range since he's been here. He now has 5-6 in that range all at once. But like I said, rankings aside, you should check them out for yourself before making any judgment. Again, it doesn't sound like you have. They can play.

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: Kevin on March 23, 2018, 10:25:15 am
if you throw it to gafford just outside the block, what go to post move does he have?
or
is gafford shooting up the draft boards based on his athleticism & potential or skills?

devonte graham of Kansas originally signed with Appalachian state his senior year, mark Gottfried told him to go to prep school and nc state would take him. while at prep school he committed to Kansas. I think Kansas had something to do with him getting better as a player.
As the season went along Gafford developed a over the left shoulder right hand hook that was pretty successful and showed the drop step but wasn't as effective due to lack of strength. Gafford showed incremental improvement over the season and you can tell he was being coached up on low block moves. If you have any experience coaching you know progress comes slowly during the season. You make your most progress in off season.

zebradynasty

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 23, 2018, 01:20:25 pm
Age has nothing to do with it.

It is still the coach's responsibility. Mike is the coach, therefore he shoulders the blame for his players not buying in. Will you hold Mike accountable for anything?

That's the argument YOU choose to focus on as if that's the end all. Again there is NO QUESTION OF WHO IS RESPONSIBLE MA IS THE COACH! Now that earth shattering revelation is announced ::) what's next?

steveaustin69

Quote from: zebradynasty on March 23, 2018, 01:33:05 pm
That's the argument YOU choose to focus on as if that's the end all. Again there is NO QUESTION OF WHO IS RESPONSIBLE MA IS THE COACH! Now that earth shattering revelation is announced ::) what's next?

It's not an argument. He is responsible for the product. That's it. End of story. You choose to not hold him accountable for said product. I don't understand that, but, hey, you do what makes you happy.

Kevin

Quote from: HawgHeadCheese on March 23, 2018, 01:31:01 pm
As the season went along Gafford developed a over the left shoulder right hand hook that was pretty successful and showed the drop step but wasn't as effective due to lack of strength. Gafford showed incremental improvement over the season and you can tell he was being coached up on low block moves. If you have any experience coaching you know progress comes slowly during the season. You make your most progress in off season.

give you all those, plus, he did great about a 8 foot jump shot. 
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

zebradynasty

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 23, 2018, 01:39:53 pm
It's not an argument. He is responsible for the product. That's it. End of story. You choose to not hold him accountable for said product. I don't understand that, but, hey, you do what makes you happy.

What the heck you want to do! Is this the new thing when a team doesn't live up to fans expectations the fans should line the coach up and stone him? KY lost because they can't shoot from the perimeter it's the coaches responsibility to teach kids how to shoot. All that talent they never bought in to shooting well so...line Cap up and give me a bag of rocks! That's not really holding him responsible because he could be 30-0 and I'd still want to stone him but...the point is not sure what else you want?

steveaustin69

Quote from: zebradynasty on March 23, 2018, 01:54:18 pm
What the heck you want to do! Is this the new thing when a team doesn't live up to fans expectations the fans should line the coach up and stone him? KY lost because they can't shoot from the perimeter it's the coaches responsibility to teach kids how to shoot. All that talent they never bought in to shooting well so...line Cap up and give me a bag of rocks! That's not really holding him responsible because he could be 30-0 and I'd still want to stone him but...the point is not sure what else you want?

You deflected blame from Mike by saying it's the players' fault their defensive effort and performance was bad. The blame is on Mike Anderson. I am not sure what you find so difficult to understand. Clean up your posts, and use actual sentences.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 23, 2018, 01:58:50 pm
You deflected blame from Mike by saying it's the players' fault their defensive effort and performance was bad. The blame is on Mike Anderson. I am not sure what you find so difficult to understand. Clean up your posts, and use actual sentences.

You should apply for the job.. sounds like you were probaly an all american growing up. Especially with all the knowledge of coaching and playing the game you have!!!

zebradynasty

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 23, 2018, 01:58:50 pm

No deflection because MA is ultimately responsible but it would be a disservice to the team and to the players to say the players have ZERO blame in this! A player has responsibilities also one of which is to accept coaching.

*Sure sign a person is losing a debate on a message board is when they complain about the use of grammar. ;)

steveaustin69

Quote from: zebradynasty on March 23, 2018, 02:23:33 pm
No deflection because MA is ultimately responsible but it would be a disservice to the team and to the players to say the players have ZERO blame in this! A player has responsibilities also one of which is to accept coaching.

*Sure sign a person is losing a debate on a message board is when they complain about the use of grammar. ;)

No, your rambling does not lend itself to making a concise point. It's rather annoying to read.

The buck starts and stops with Mike. His team didn't buy in defensively; that's his issue. He gets paid for results; they were certainly lacking in defensive results.

zebradynasty

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 23, 2018, 02:29:09 pm
No, your rambling does not lend itself to making a concise point. It's rather annoying to read.

The buck starts and stops with Mike. His team didn't buy in defensively; that's his issue. He gets paid for results; they were certainly lacking in defensive results.

I have repeatedly said MA responsible but you wont take yes for an answer! How much concise do you need? Is Mike responsible? Yes, YES, HELL YES! Now does that mean the players have no responsibilities in this failure no, NO and HELL NO! Coaches coach, players play if you as a player do not take on the responsibility of doing what you need to do to get better as player and as a team...that's not all on the coach! Personal responsibility doesn't cease to exists just because a coach is telling you or not telling you to do something. Coaches need on the floor leadership this team lacked it. Not sure why in years past we had leadership on the court this group... not so much.