Started by Cotton, March 15, 2018, 11:00:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigasaurus

"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

razCzar

K State prevails over KY!
What a game!

Breems

Kansas St. played a 5-guard lineup for the last 2-3 minutes and UK still couldn't put them away. SEC is toast.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Atlhogfan1

I like how tonight has gone if FSU can hang on. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

razCzar

Quote from: Breems on March 22, 2018, 11:11:25 pm
Kansas St. played a 5-guard lineup for the last 2-3 minutes and UK still couldn't put them away. SEC is toast.
When it comes to KY, I'm fine with that.
Vengeful, I guess.  lol

greenEGnHAWGS

I like that KState team. I didn't think they'd make it this far but I have watched them several times this season and I've always enjoyed their style.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

HamIAm

I didn't think K State could hang on after 3 players fouled out and another 2 had four fouls

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: HamIAm on March 22, 2018, 11:18:10 pm
I didn't think K State could hang on after 3 players fouled out and another 2 had four fouls

The refs did what they could, but ultimately they fell short.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Cotton

Quote from: HamIAm on March 22, 2018, 11:18:10 pm
Same! Showed true guts.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

HamIAm

Quote from: Cotton on March 23, 2018, 08:35:18 am
Same! Showed true guts.

I didn't understand Kentucky going for the 3 with the clock winding down and they were only down by two.  Go inside, get the two and at worst send it to OT, at best get a 2+1.  KSU would undoubtedly have fouled out another man or two if the game went OT.   

All I can figure is they thought the ball would get stripped away inside and the refs weren't going to call anything that wasn't blatant. But it was a called play for a three from the corner from what I read of Calipari's comments.

Cotton

The possession before that they were down by 2 and forced a quick 3 with 8 seconds left... silly basketball.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Atlhogfan1

Nova WV going about as expected.  Intense good game.  Step up from what we saw last night.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Breems

Looks like Kansas is in the E8.

This thread died. All the CBB fans checked out after our loss I guess.

panhandlepig

Quote from: Breems on March 23, 2018, 07:50:17 pm

I didn't. Still watching.

Atlhogfan1

Watching intently. Let's go Duke!

Atlhogfan1

WV as close as to what we should look like.

carolinahogger

WVU is playing old school hog ball defense. 

Atlhogfan1

Nova is mentally tough.  This looks like old Big E basketball.  Great game.

zenchow

HamHands

Why won't they show the foul disparity between Vil. and WV on the screen
One day at a time.

Atlhogfan1

Nova is a machine on offense. Impressive.

zenchow

WV seems to have some of the same weaknesses that we have...losing the perimeter shooters due to bad rotations

HamIAm

I've been more focused on the Arkansas - Florida baseball game tonight.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: zenchow on March 23, 2018, 08:41:41 pm
WV seems to have some of the same weaknesses that we have...losing the perimeter shooters due to bad rotations

That third pass kills them

Deep Shoat

Quote from: HamIAm on March 23, 2018, 08:49:34 pm
I've been more focused on the Arkansas - Florida baseball game tonight.
All Gas, No Brakes!

ChicoHog

Glad to see 'Nova beat WVU.  Like Jay Wright and not a Bob Huggins fan at all.  Plus I hate their style of play.  Fouls and ugly basketball.  I remember when he was at Cincinnati.  They practically mugged people.  'Nova vs Duke should be a great Final Four semi-final game if it happens. 

zenchow

I've been watching this game for 4 minutes...and I already just want someone to punch Grayson Allen in the nose...

ChicoHog

Syracuse is one of the worst offensive teams in the country but they sure showed up for the tournament.  Like 2 years ago they started in the first 4 and made the Final 4.  Very good defensively.  I love the zone they run.  Their size makes it difficult for the opponent. 

Atlhogfan1

ChicoHog

Quote from: zenchow on March 23, 2018, 09:11:06 pm
I've been watching this game for 4 minutes...and I already just want someone to punch Grayson Allen in the nose...
I missed the first few minutes.  What did he do?

zenchow

Quote from: ChicoHog on March 23, 2018, 09:14:36 pm
I missed the first few minutes.  What did he do?
Just Grayson being Grayson...got his hand all over his man...pushing and being his normal prickish self...I may be holding a grudge from 1990

ChicoHog

Quote from: zenchow on March 23, 2018, 09:18:54 pm
Just Grayson being Grayson...got his hand all over his man...pushing and being his normal prickish self...I may be holding a grudge from 1990
Before he was born?  LOL! 

zenchow

Quote from: ChicoHog on March 23, 2018, 09:22:24 pm
Before he was born?  LOL! 
he may not have been born...but I guarantee you those devious Dukies were conspiring to bring him about even then....he's the devil child of Christian Laettner and Bobby Hurley

Atlhogfan1

Breems

Quote from: ChicoHog on March 23, 2018, 09:00:23 pm
Glad to see 'Nova beat WVU.  Like Jay Wright and not a Bob Huggins fan at all.  Plus I hate their style of play.  Fouls and ugly basketball.  I remember when he was at Cincinnati.  They practically mugged people.  'Nova vs Duke should be a great Final Four semi-final game if it happens. 

Can't deny it works. S16 3 of the past 4 years. We need to take lessons.

ChicoHog

Quote from: Breems on March 23, 2018, 09:35:28 pm
Can't deny it works. S16 3 of the past 4 years. We need to take lessons.
Or use one of the defenses of any other successful team out there.  How about the Syracuse or Duke zone?  The solid man to man of UK or KU?  I will take any of them over what we have now. 

ChicoHog

Quote from: zenchow on March 23, 2018, 09:29:26 pm
he may not have been born...but I guarantee you those devious Dukies were conspiring to bring him about even then....he's the devil child of Christian Laettner and Bobby Hurley

I can understand that.  I've hated Duke and Kentucky since 1978 when Duke took out Notre Dame (my other favorite school) and UK beat Arkansas in the Final Four. Funny how those things stick with you.  And Duke has had good players, they go to class, mostly good citizens so I should have rooted for them.  Coach K is a great coach and good guy also.  It was that first impression of them beating my beloved Irish that made me despise them.   Although in the last 10-15 years or so I've become much apathetic towards college basketball.  Still enjoy it but not nearly as much as I used to before all the early NBA entries.  Probably enjoy it a lot more if I was a fan/alum of a mid-major type team where the players actually stay 3 or 4 years! 

zenchow

Quote from: ChicoHog on March 23, 2018, 09:41:34 pm
I can understand that.  I've hated Duke and Kentucky since 1978 when Duke took out Notre Dame (my other favorite school) and UK beat Arkansas in the Final Four.  Although in the last 10-15 years or so I've become much apathetic towards college basketball.  Still enjoy it but not nearly as much as I used to before all the early NBA entries.  Probably enjoy it a lot more if I was a fan/alum of a mid-major type team where the players actually stay 3 or 4 years! 
I have come to believe that hating Duke, UK and UNC is the true reason for March Madness....the reason for the season so to speak

ChicoHog

Duke/Syracuse is a fun game to watch.  The zone defense means the offense does more passing and less dribbling which I like.  Plus few turnovers and few fouls.  I like watching how both teams try to find the open spots in the zone.  Some good lob passes for dunks and some open 3's.

ChicoHog

Switched over Tech/Purdue.  Tech is tough on the boards and plays great defense.  Chris Beard has an impressive group there.  I think it will be a close game the whole way.  I don't see either one of these teams beating Villanova though. 

rude1

Typical Duke win: Syracuse out shoots them from the field, out shoots them from three, out rebounds them, but loses because Duke shoots 28 free throws to Syracuse 17. Nobody gets more help year and year out in this tournament than Duke does..........................

ChicoHog

Quote from: rude1 on March 24, 2018, 07:17:57 am
Typical Duke win: Syracuse out shoots them from the field, out shoots them from three, out rebounds them, but loses because Duke shoots 28 free throws to Syracuse 17. Nobody gets more help year and year out in this tournament than Duke does..........................
Bagley is really good.  He does a great job drawing fouls inside.  I can see him being the top pick.  Or maybe the kid from AZ but Bagley is definitely more ready now. 

rude1

Quote from: ChicoHog on March 24, 2018, 09:14:07 am
Bagley is really good.  He does a great job drawing fouls inside.  I can see him being the top pick.  Or maybe the kid from AZ but Bagley is definitely more ready now. 
Doesn't matter, the same happened before Bagley, and it will happen after Bagley is gone.................

carolinahogger

Quote from: rude1 on March 24, 2018, 07:17:57 am

When a slower, less talented athlete tries to guard a bigger, quicker, more talented athlete he will often foul when trying to do it.  I know this from playing basketball.  Syracuse has far less talent than Duke.

Yes, it will continue this way after Bagley.  Duke signed the top 3 inside players of this recruiting class.

It is not the responsibility or the goal of the officials to call an equal number of fouls on each team, nor should it be.

ChicoHog

Quote from: carolinahogger on March 24, 2018, 01:39:58 pm
When a slower, less talented athlete tries to guard a bigger, quicker, more talented athlete he will often foul when trying to do it.  I know this from playing basketball.  Syracuse has far less talent than Duke.

Yes, it will continue this way after Bagley.  Duke signed the top 3 inside players of this recruiting class.

It is not the responsibility or the goal of the officials to call an equal number of fouls on each team, nor should it be.
Good point.  Unlike many think there is no conspiracy theory.  Basketball is a tough game to officiate and it's very subjective.  There are always going to be calls that are questionable in every game on both sides.  The only time I see that there is favoritism is in the NBA where the star players seem to get the benefit of the doubt.  Jordan always got the calls as do many other star players.  Not a team bias but a player bias. 

Mo_Better_Hogs

Dang, Loyola is good. Hope that can hang on.

raz1965

How sweet would it be if Loyola could somehow win the national championship.

cal34

Breems

I had Loyola in the E8, and now they're going to the F4. What a solid team. Hard defense and easy offense.

Atlhogfan1

Loyola is so careless with the ball.  Going to have to make their FTs