Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Miss lawsuit setteled Nutt gets his apology.

Started by rhog1, October 16, 2017, 04:50:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rhog1

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ole-miss-football/ole-miss-houston-nutt-announce-agreement-reached-ending-litigation/

University of Mississippi:
Certain statements made by University employees in January 2016 appear to have contributed to misleading media reports about Coach Nutt. To the extent any such statements harmed Coach Nutt's reputation, the University apologizes, as this was not the intent.The NCAA's Notice of Allegations dated January 22, 2016, did not name or implicate Coach Nutt in any misconduct, and it would have been inappropriate for any University employee to suggest otherwise.

I wonder how much they paid him to settle this.

Razorbackers

Houston Nutt is the only coach I can think of to set two different schools in the same division on fire within the same decade, and he did it to Ole Miss TWICE.

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

hotdog hog

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: longpig on October 16, 2017, 05:02:34 pm
The job offers will really start rolling in now.

There are not enough janitors out there to clean up any mess he makes and he always makes them...............
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

TebowHater

Quote from: rhog1 on October 16, 2017, 04:50:01 pm

Probably not much. His initial asking price was $0 and simply an apology. When they refused, he then asked for $500k to a sports ethics committee for Mississippi. I doubt the latter happened, but I bet he settled for very little money for himself, if any.

mhuff

And you can take that to the bank

Hogs-n-Roses

Within a 5-6 yrar period he was paid over 5 mil to "not coach". Now this. Please tell your children to get into the coaching of colleges, surgeons, or plumbers.

Hogs-n-Roses

And hire that Sexton guy.

pardon my posts as grandson is doing acrobatics all over me. no fluids yet;)

phadedhawg

meh, if we fired Bielema today, I'd have no problem naming Nutt interim HC until a permanent replacement can be found.  Say what you will about the used car salesman but he can motivate players who were recruited by others. 

Betcha my bottom dollar he'd get more results out of this current squad that Bielema will in 20 years. 

Granted, Nutt's issues start as soon as he starts recruiting....

Paul

Quote from: phadedhawg on October 16, 2017, 06:01:22 pm
meh, if we fired Bielema today, I'd have no problem naming Nutt interim HC until a permanent replacement can be found.  Say what you will about the used car salesman but he can motivate players who were recruited by others. 

Betcha my bottom dollar he'd get more results out of this current squad that Bielema will in 20 years. 

. Oh sure! Now he can play pick up games in the new bb practice facility!

Jek Tono Porkins

Freeze threw Nutt under the bus, but Nutt took the transmission and the tires out from under the bus. Then he went up front and said "Eff your buyout" just for good measure.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

phadedhawg

Nutt has done more to combat SEC West opponents this season than Bert Bielema!

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Martygit

I can guarantee you that there are a whole lot of people in this state who would take HN over the current situation
RIP OTR, REV

WilsonHog

Quote from: MartinGit on October 16, 2017, 06:36:09 pm
I can guarantee you that there are a whole lot of people in this state who would take HN over the current situation

Definitely so. I'm not one of them, but I am convinced he was a better coach for us than Bielema has proven to be.

HognotinMemphis

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

hogsanity

Quote from: phadedhawg on October 16, 2017, 06:01:22 pm

His recruiting was not any worse than what they have had since then. Actually he, or someone on his staff went out and got impact players from other states, especially on the OL and on D.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: rhog1 on October 16, 2017, 04:50:01 pm
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ole-miss-football/ole-miss-houston-nutt-announce-agreement-reached-ending-litigation/

University of Mississippi:
Certain statements made by University employees in January 2016 appear to have contributed to misleading media reports about Coach Nutt. To the extent any such statements harmed Coach Nutt's reputation, the University apologizes, as this was not the intent.The NCAA's Notice of Allegations dated January 22, 2016, did not name or implicate Coach Nutt in any misconduct, and it would have been inappropriate for any University employee to suggest otherwise.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was this statement along with his attorney fees and court costs.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

DeltaBoy

He is a winner and a fighter!  Remember he called that play Brotha !
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogsanity

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 17, 2017, 11:42:55 am
He is a winner and a fighter!  Remember he called that play Brotha !

and went to TWO SECCG.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: hogsanity on October 17, 2017, 11:43:41 am
and went to TWO SECCG.
Been fiddy(50), fiddy years since Mississippi paid this kinda money. I mean went to back to back cottonbowls.Fiddy.

Pigsknuckles

Not a hard man to track... leaves dumpster fires wherever he goes.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

East Clintwood

Well, that  lawsuit hoopla certainly fizzled out to nothing.

I mean it got Freeze fired but nothing else came from it.  At the time of the filing, there was much excitement over the prospect of depositions under oath digging up massive amounts of dirt on the whole Ole Miss program.

But none of that happened. 
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Razor1997

Quote from: Razorbackers on October 16, 2017, 04:53:51 pm
Houston Nutt is the only coach I can think of to set two different schools in the same division on fire within the same decade, and he did it to Ole Miss TWICE.

Nutt as the Alabama coach-in-waiting for when Saban retires?

WE MUST MAKE THIS HAPPEN

The NewEra

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 16, 2017, 06:43:54 pm
Definitely so. I'm not one of them, but I am convinced he was a better coach for us than Bielema has proven to be.

Someone called into a radio show yesterday and said "the last five years under Bielema have made Nutt look like Bear Bryant".

That was classic and true!

The NewEra

Whatever the settlement was, Ole Miss still had to pay for Nutt's attorney fees and you can bet that wasn't cheap.

hogsanity

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 17, 2017, 12:31:44 pm
Well, that  lawsuit hoopla certainly fizzled out to nothing.

I mean it got Freeze fired but nothing else came from it.  At the time of the filing, there was much excitement over the prospect of depositions under oath digging up massive amounts of dirt on the whole Ole Miss program.

But none of that happened. 

No, because once old misses thought about that for a minute, and saw what happened with just minimal disclosure digging up what it did on Freeze, they decided maybe they ought to just apologize and move on.

hobhog

Quote from: hogsanity on October 17, 2017, 12:59:24 pm
No, because once old misses thought about that for a minute, and saw what happened with just minimal disclosure digging up what it did on Freeze, they decided maybe they ought to just apologize and move on.

The foot that will drop on the Fins/Bears/Rebels will be plenty....

smb

I'm not a fan but if Nutt did not do anything wrong Ole Miss should not have accused him. Trying to save Freeze only made the university look dirty as it all turn bad for them.
GeorgiaHOG

phadedhawg

Quote from: smb on October 17, 2017, 01:13:54 pm
I'm not a fan but if Nutt did not do anything wrong Ole Miss should not have accused him. Trying to save Freeze only made the university look dirty as it all turn bad for them.

Yep, when you're up to you neck in mud you shouldn't point the finger at someone else.  Freeze did, and it cost him dearly.  This isn't enough to absolve Nutt of his past sins against our program, but it's a nice start.

Pig Power

There's not a bigger clown in the world