Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hayden Henry

Started by HogWildBison2011, August 21, 2017, 02:11:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogWildBison2011

I saw a quote from CBB that said Hayden Henry will have a chance to play as a freshman. Do we know at which position, and how he has looked in camp?

The Kig

Good read...have heard nothing but good things about him. 

Only surprise was that the Demozette Defensive POY had so few offers.  Maybe schools stayed away knowing where his heart was, but still crap.
Poker Porker

Quote from: The Kig on August 21, 2017, 02:37:06 pm
Good read...have heard nothing but good things about him. 

Only surprise was that the Demozette Defensive POY had so few offers.  Maybe schools stayed away knowing where his heart was, but still crap.
He didn't get an AR offer until very late, so it's not like he was wrapped up. Even that offer was to blue shirt.

He's a great kid though, and a very hard worker.

razorbacksnum1

I have seen Hayden play a lot of football and this kid is going to shock people. He will be the true freshman that is the biggest surprise. I can tell you that the Henry boys are just unbelievable football players and this one is no exception.

VBCHog

Im ready for the youngest one. They say he is faster than Hunter.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Karma on August 21, 2017, 02:40:35 pm
He didn't get an AR offer until very late, so it's not like he was wrapped up. Even that offer was to blue shirt.

He's a great kid though, and a very hard worker.

This concerns me about CBB.  I think we under sign Arkansas kids.  Several examples of this happening.  I understand us slow playing a recruit if he is a bad apple or has bad grades or even if he is a only a 3 star and we do not need his position.   But several of these kids play a position of need.  Hayden and Grant are two.  A OLM Clarey from Fayetteville is also one.  We offered a Blue shirt so he is not on scholarship right now and I hear on the 2 deep.  I guess he gets a scholarship next semester but we are so lucky he came on board.

Ham Ham Pigelow

Love the Henry family.  But this is a concern for me in regards to our LB depth. 

Al Boarland

August 22, 2017, 10:46:34 am #8 Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 01:12:56 pm by Al Boarland
Quote from: Ham Ham Pigelow on August 22, 2017, 10:38:52 am
Love the Henry family.  But this is a concern for me in regards to our LB depth.

HUGE concern. All this time people have been chirping about development and guys stepping in their Jr and Sr years after being in the program. Yet here we are talking about true freshmen stepping up. There's a disconnect.

ricepig

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on August 22, 2017, 09:15:00 am
This concerns me about CBB.  I think we under sign Arkansas kids.  Several examples of this happening.  I understand us slow playing a recruit if he is a bad apple or has bad grades or even if he is a only a 3 star and we do not need his position.   But several of these kids play a position of need.  Hayden and Grant are two.  A OLM Clarey from Fayetteville is also one.  We offered a Blue shirt so he is not on scholarship right now and I hear on the 2 deep.  I guess he gets a scholarship next semester but we are so lucky he came on board.

What players in a position of need did we "overlook" ?

Stephen Greene

August 22, 2017, 11:27:51 am #10 Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 02:16:21 pm by Stephen Greene
Quote from: ricepig on August 22, 2017, 10:54:50 am

Hayden Henry is a blueshirt

Sky is falling

same thing

Stephen Greene

Quote from: ricepig on August 22, 2017, 10:54:50 am

it's because "There's a disconnect"

colbs

How many players that had an Arkansas offered have went elsewhere and done big things?  Not many.  As far as the three mentioned he did something right because they are all playing for Arkansas.  I'm pretty sure with a blueshirt they go on scholarship in the fall but count toward the next class. 

ricepig

Quote from: colbs on August 22, 2017, 12:00:03 pm
How many players that had an Arkansas offered have went elsewhere and done big things?  Not many.  As far as the three mentioned he did something right because they are all playing for Arkansas.  I'm pretty sure with a blueshirt they go on scholarship in the fall but count toward the next class. 

Only if there is room on the 85 total, with Brown making it in, both Henry and Clary will go on scholarship at semester.

thebignasty

So, we get some undervalued local kids, some without using schollies, and its a negative?

Tough crowd.

Oklahawg

At least one former UA player from in-state (leaving the name out to protect the sources) spent some time in the NFL but coming out of HS a coach told a friend in confidence that, "this kid is getting an offer because we need to sign some in-state kids, and I can't see him ever touching the field."

Oops.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

onebadrubi

Quote from: Oklahawg on August 22, 2017, 12:15:34 pm
At least one former UA player from in-state (leaving the name out to protect the sources) spent some time in the NFL but coming out of HS a coach told a friend in confidence that, "this kid is getting an offer because we need to sign some in-state kids, and I can't see him ever touching the field."

Oops.

Which staff.

PorkRinds

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 22, 2017, 12:43:58 pm
Which staff.

My guess is HDN. Sounds like something his punk ass would do.

LRHog

you have to earn the scholly regardless of where your from. If anything you need to ride those players harder.

bennyl08

Quote from: Al Boarland on August 22, 2017, 10:46:34 am
HUGE concern. All this time people have been chirping about development and guys stepping in their Jr and Sr years after being in the program. Yet here we are talking about true freshmen stepping up. There's a disconnect.

Not really any disconnect.

The only people that Henry, or Morgan for that matter, are solidly ahead of on the depth chart are true freshmen and some other walk-ons. Players who are in older classes are ahead of them. They are neck and neck with several of the scholarship linebackers from their own class.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

JIHawg

Except for the Bamas of the world, recruiting is and always has been a crap shoot.  Sometimes a four star never quite lives up to it, and sometimes a walkon/two star turns out to be a playah. 

AugustaHog

I have zero problem using the blueshirt/walk-on deal for in-state guys who may not be obvious superstars or aren't fully developed.  In all the cases mentioned (Morgan, Hayden, and Clary), we had very little competition for them and were able to secure their signature in a way that works best for us.  We should be happy that our coaches are working the system to get as many talented kids on campus as possible.  Same thing Bama does but on a much less high-profile scale. 

KlubhouseKonnected

For some reason I thought Hayden was backing up one of the ILB spots but I just read an article that says he has been repping with the twos at Razor. That kind of makes sense him being a former safety instead of linebacker but it still sort of surprised me.

Is this news to anyone else?
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

presidenthog

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on August 23, 2017, 12:25:57 am
For some reason I thought Hayden was backing up one of the ILB spots but I just read an article that says he has been repping with the twos at Razor. That kind of makes sense him being a former safety instead of linebacker but it still sort of surprised me.

Is this news to anyone else?
He is getting reps at the #2 spot of razor which is an OLB, but I believe that Ramsey is #1 and Eugene is probably 2.

onebadrubi

Quote from: presidenthog on August 23, 2017, 01:33:22 am
He is getting reps at the #2 spot of razor which is an OLB, but I believe that Ramsey is #1 and Eugene is probably 2.

I thought Ramsey was a hog.

root_hawg

Hope he has added some weight since last time I saw him play

greenie

Quote from: colbs on August 22, 2017, 12:00:03 pm

He goes on scholarship Jan 1, 2018 and counts against the 2018 class.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

This concerns me about CBB.  I think we under sign Arkansas kids.  Several examples of this happening.  I understand us slow playing a recruit if he is a bad apple or has bad grades or even if he is a only a 3 star and we do not need his position.  But several of these kids play a position of need.  Hayden and Grant are two.  A OLM Clarey from Fayetteville is also one.  We offered a Blue shirt so he is not on scholarship right now and I hear on the 2 deep.  I guess he gets a scholarship next semester but we are so lucky he came on board.

So you believe that these younger brothers of previous players wanted to come here so bad that CBB threw them a bone of a blue shirt without knowing the families financial ability to handle a semester or two on their own dime? C'mon man.!? Y'all really cannot see the top to bottom filling out of our roster slots and player development 5 years into it..? This monkey just got it's belly full of bananas and is about to hit the trees.!! Baller QB's lined up, WR's starting to see, "Hey, They got good qb's at Arkansas!", RB's, TE, OL Nuff said... Defense is loaded with talent, but after two more cycles it should look just like the O... Wake Up Hater's.!! Jeesh.!!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Pig Power

Well if he's good enough after Fall camp to make a run at getting on the field, good for him.

razorbacksnum1

Quote from: Ham Ham Pigelow on August 22, 2017, 10:38:52 am
Were you concerned when his older brother played as a true freshman TE and made ALL SEC? Give the kid a chance. He's a player and can help us. He still has to grow some physically and will in time but he's got unbelievable talent.

rhames

Quote from: razorbacksnum1 on August 23, 2017, 03:23:00 pm
Were you concerned when his older brother played as a true freshman TE and made ALL SEC? Give the kid a chance. He's a player and can help us. He still has to grow some physically and will in time but he's got unbelievable talent.

While all the respect in the world to the kid, his brother was a highly recruited TE who is in the NFL. Now maybe Hayden was under recruited and will light the world on fire but that would be the exception not the rule. He is a walk on, correct? I think may be a blue shirt.  It's perfectly fine for someone to have concerns that he is on the 2 deep on a new defense that relies on you having awesome depth at LB.

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

bennyl08

Quote from: rhames on August 23, 2017, 03:27:47 pm

While all the respect in the world to the kid, his brother was a highly recruited TE who is in the NFL. Now maybe Hayden was under recruited and will light the world on fire but that would be the exception not the rule. He is a walk on, correct? I think may be a blue shirt.  It's perfectly fine for someone to have concerns that he is on the 2 deep on a new defense that relies on you having awesome depth at LB.

Who is he above on the depth chart that is concerning?

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/aug/12/depth-chart-second-fall-scrimmage/

This shows him listed at 4th though we've scrimmaged once since then. He was the 2nd string razor in the first scrimmage where we had I think at least 3 starting LB's out. There's a recent seccountry article mentioning him as a backup OLB, but that's probably based off of the first scrimmage depth chart. The more recent scrimmage depth chart has him 4th string ILB.

Did I miss something from a coach interview? The 2nd scrimmage is 10 days old and things are fluid. Grant Morgan is listed in the two deep, but he's a year ahead of Henry and he isn't ahead of anybody that you wouldn't expect. He's shown to be on par with some of the scholarship LB'ers from his class and that's about it.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

hogcam

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 23, 2017, 04:18:27 pm
Who is he above on the depth chart that is concerning?

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/aug/12/depth-chart-second-fall-scrimmage/

This shows him listed at 4th though we've scrimmaged once since then. He was the 2nd string razor in the first scrimmage where we had I think at least 3 starting LB's out. There's a recent seccountry article mentioning him as a backup OLB, but that's probably based off of the first scrimmage depth chart. The more recent scrimmage depth chart has him 4th string ILB.

Did I miss something from a coach interview? The 2nd scrimmage is 10 days old and things are fluid. Grant Morgan is listed in the two deep, but he's a year ahead of Henry and he isn't ahead of anybody that you wouldn't expect. He's shown to be on par with some of the scholarship LB'ers from his class and that's about it.
He said himself yesterday in an interview that he was running with the second team.

bennyl08

Quote from: hogcam on August 23, 2017, 04:48:54 pm
He said himself yesterday in an interview that he was running with the second team.

Which position?

Letsroll1200

5 years and a walk on is second team LB. Very concerning! I thought they were building a program.

southeasthog

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on August 23, 2017, 06:03:21 pm
5 years and a walk on is second team LB. Very concerning! I thought they were building a program.
Let's wait and see if he finishes better than .500 in his 5th season like another coach.

bennyl08

Check our roster, and report on who should be ahead that isn't.

Eugene Jr - Sr - changes from being a starter to a backup. 2 deep lock though.
Roesler - Sr - walk on, in the 2 deep
Greenlaw - Jr - starter
Ramsey - Jr - starter
J. Harris - Jr - walkon, deep on the depth chart
D. Harris - So - starter
Richardson - So - 2 deep lock
Bell- So - injured
Phillips - So - walkon, third string
Carter - So - walkon, buried in depth chart
Collins - So - walkon, buried in depth chart
Walker - RFr - 2nd string
Jean-Baptiste - RFr - injured
LaFrance - RFr - 3rd string, but will play
Morgan - RFr - 2nd string walkon
Brasuell - RsFr - walkon, buried in depth chart
Henry - Fr - blue shirt, rotates between 2nd and 4th on the depth chart from reports
Fisher - Fr - true freshmen, mentioned as being somebody who wouldn't redshirt though
Munson - Fr - true freshmen, probably redshirt
Paul - Fr - true freshmen, could play, could redshirt
Pennington - Fr - walkon, buried on depth chart

Here's a comprehensive list. LaFrance is the only scholarship player who has anybody younger taking their spot on the 2-deep but has been hyped up by the coaches this fall. So, interpret that as he's basically on par with the 2 deep and the gap isn't very far.

jgphillips3

rhames

I thought linebacker Morgan was a true freshman.

In a perfect world wouldn't everyone on scholarship be above him? I'm on the wait and see wagon; however, I can see reason for others to be a little concerned.

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

factchecker

Quote from: rhames on August 23, 2017, 06:43:52 pm

In a perfect world wouldn't everyone on scholarship be above him? I'm on the wait and see wagon; however, I can see reason for others to be a little concerned.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/roster/grant-morgan/
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hawginbigd1

Take your sniping at CBB to prop up CMAs lack of success elsewhere, why can't we support and root for both? Taking shots at one does not help the other. You sound like the guy that makes sure everybody knows your co-worker was late or failed at something to make you look better. I call those people losers......don't be a loser

ricepig

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on August 23, 2017, 07:04:18 pm
Take your sniping at CBB to prop up CMAs lack of success elsewhere, why can't we support and root for both? Taking shots at one does not help the other. You sound like the guy that makes sure everybody knows your co-worker was late or failed at something to make you look better. I call those people losers......don't be a loser

Fat chance at that changing, he's got a drum to beat.

NotSoFastMyFriend

Hayden was a composite 3* with a couple of D1 offers but chose Arkansas. Not surprised he's in the mix early. He's a lights-out defender who played three years of championship football in HS.

bennyl08

Quote from: rhames on August 23, 2017, 06:43:52 pm

He's a Rs. Henry is a true freshmen, but he's not a walk-on. He's a blue shirt.

Slightly disagree on the perfect world in that i'd rather have a walkon be the 4th string guy and take 10 snaps the totality of the season than use a true freshmen and waste the redshirt year. Further, in a perfect world, you'd hope that as a staff, a second year player would be stronger and be able to play faster due to knowing the playbook than somebody who is measuring their time on campus in days to weeks rather than months to years.

What we have currently is exactly what should be expected, IMO. We have a big group of walk-ons, guys that we weren't willing to take over a scholly, but hope that there's some diamonds in the rough. Most end up being rough, but we have one (Morgan) who has shown to be a diamond. Further, not every scholly is going to be a hit. That Walker is behind the others shouldn't be a concern even if he was simply not getting it. However, from the coaches, it sounds like he is right up there with the 2's, there just isn't enough room for everybody to be a 2 kind of thing.

Which leaves us with one big question, how good are our LB'ers? We don't know because they all redshirted last year. We know Greenlaw, DeJon Harris, and Eugene Jr are more than capable in the SEC.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/college-football-lsu-arkansas-grades-guice-breakout-game-fuels-tigers-win
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/college-football-florida-arkansas-grades-ragnow-paves-razorbacks-win
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/college-alabama-arkansas-grades

However, outside of those three, we have a lot more questions than answers. We saw Ramsey get some pressure from a DE position. Can he cover at TE in space? Can he get pressure lined up 3 yards behind the LoS? Roesler hasn't done much from the DE spot and we haven't seen him much on the field at all. Literally everybody else hasn't taken a single snap in a real game for the hogs yet.

That is definitely reason for concern. However, that Henry and Morgan are competing with the other green LB's doesn't really mean anything good or bad until we know if those guys are good or bad.

rhames

Is he Hayden paying his way this semester?

onebadrubi

Says the guy that refuses to accept ANY criticism of the basketball team... hmm someone is bias

Mike_e

Quote from: ricepig on August 23, 2017, 07:07:22 pm
Fat chance at that changing, he's got a drum to beat.

I've heard it called a lot of things but calling it a drum is a first.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

hawginbigd1

Benny, Ramsey played in space and coverage maybe more than you realize last year. Of the starters my confidence goes in this order, Harris, Greenlaw(durability), Ramsey, and Eugene has most to prove.

ricepig

Quote from: rhames on August 23, 2017, 07:28:59 pm
Is he Hayden paying his way this semester?

I'm sure his parents are.