Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Flaska's recruiting impact

Started by return2glory, April 01, 2005, 04:15:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

return2glory

Does anyone know which of the recruits in the 2006 class Flaska was in charge of? I think the 06 class is imperative to the success of the program and ultimately to the tenure of Stan. If that class is sub par, I don't think Stan will be here long. Hopefully Flaska leaving won't hurt the program that much.

I would like to wish him and his family luck though.

Jim Harris

Quote from: return2glory on April 01, 2005, 04:15:30 pm

Does anyone know which of the recruits in the 2006 class Flaska was in charge of? I think the 06 class is imperative to the success of the program and ultimately to the tenure of Stan. If that class is sub par, I don't think Stan will be here long. Hopefully Flaska leaving won't hurt the program that much.

I would like to wish him and his family luck though.

The players are going to come or not come because of Stan Heath, not Flaska or Taliaferro or Sorensen or Thompson or any of the assistants. I think it issue is one to place under the "don't worry about it" category.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

return2glory

You might be surprised how important the relationships that an assistant coach builds can influence a recruit. Whether that proves true or not in this situation, I don't know. I know this especially holds true in football, but I would imagine that it also holds some sort of relevance in basketball as well. Just as an example, Thompson played a big role in us landing Townes. Thompson had recruited Townes to Georgetown out of high school, and that relationship proved to hold strong as Townes ended up with Thompson at Arkansas.

In other related topics, who are some of the candidates to replace Flaska?

Jim Harris

Quote from: return2glory on April 04, 2005, 10:55:04 am

You might be surprised how important the relationships that an assistant coach builds can influence a recruit. Whether that proves true or not in this situation, I don't know. I know this especially holds true in football, but I would imagine that it also holds some sort of relevance in basketball as well. Just as an example, Thompson played a big role in us landing Townes. Thompson had recruited Townes to Georgetown out of high school, and that relationship proved to hold strong as Townes ended up with Thompson at Arkansas.

In other related topics, who are some of the candidates to replace Flaska?

No I'm not surprised at all. I've only been watching this stuff for more than three decades. But, and especially in football, the assistant coach does plenty of work and builds relationships, but in 99 percent of the cases, the recruit signs because of the head coach, not the assistant who was recruiting him.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson