Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

UKhog1

wow he looks like a man already i hope we get him

Jim Harris

Quote from: UKhog1 on March 07, 2005, 02:00:32 am

the only Arkansas signs him if he's already going to the NBA and everybody around him knows it and everybody everywhere else knows it -- that is, everybody except the hopeful Heath and his Boswell, Dudley.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

UKhog1

i thought the nba was implementing a new two year rule

return2glory

It is my understanding that they will be voting on it this summer. Preliminaries say that the players association has agreed to the age limit, but the sides are still hashing out the details.

Amityvillehogger

i hope they do, will add more maturity to the league :-\
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

hawkeyefan17

Remember the Al Jefferson era of Arkansas basketball?

Amityvillehogger

More maturity in which the guys that come out of college will be older and played a year or two of college, and actually attended a class. There will be no highschoolers going straight to the NBA.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: drakehog on March 07, 2005, 02:02:05 am

the only Arkansas signs him if he's already going to the NBA and everybody around him knows it and everybody everywhere else knows it -- that is, everybody except the hopeful Heath and his Boswell, Dudley.

what? dudley is all facts man, haven't you seen that 6'6" stud JC PG that he was raving on for months..... ;D

Pragmatic PiG

the hogs have a better shot at winning the SEC championship in football next year........

that shot is about ZERO  :P

The_Bionic_Pig

March 07, 2005, 01:21:58 pm #10 Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 01:24:27 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Quote from: Pragmatic PiG on March 07, 2005, 01:10:31 pm

the hogs have a better shot at winning the SEC championship in football next year........

that shot is about ZERO :P

Although their is much to be desired with Stan Heath's coaching prowless the elite recruits just love the guy.  Pragmatic my friend they were saying the same thing about Arkansas chances with Al Jefferson & Olu Famutini after horrible season's.   Coach Heath is a recruiting genius of sorts because he continues to gain the interest of the best of the best every single year and even though Arkansas records has not reflected recruiting dominance and their recovery seems to be a slow uphill battle....if he just keeps recruiting those Mcdonald AA's hell You or I could  probably get the Hog Program eventually into the big dance lol...    Stan does realize he probably would have been canned by now if not for his uncanny ability to gain the interest of current H.S. Studs. 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Jim Harris

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 07, 2005, 01:21:58 pm
Quote from: Pragmatic PiG on March 07, 2005, 01:10:31 pm

that shot is about ZERO :P

Although their is much to be desired with Stan Heath's coaching prowless the elite recruits just love the guy.  Pragmatic my friend they were saying the same thing about Arkansas chances with Al Jefferson & Olu Famutini after horrible season's.   Coach Heath is a recruiting genius of sorts because he continues to gain the interest of the best of the best every single year and even though Arkansas records has not reflected recruiting dominance and their recovery seems to be a slow uphill battle....if he just keeps recruiting those Mcdonald AA's hell You or I could probably get the Hog Program eventually into the big dance lol...    Stan does realize he probably would have been canned by now if not for his uncanny ability to gain the interest of current H.S. Studs. 

this is the same kind a you-know-what people say about Nutt, and how you gotta give him credit for getting the interest  of Duke Robinson or A.D or anything of those guys who were not ever coming here. Yes, I know the ensuing argument becomes, "well, you can't sign them if you don't get them interested." Doesn't matter. Credit in recruiting only comes when you sign the guys. We didn't get Daniel Gibson. Everyone except Dudley apparently knew Jefferson was gone to the pros, and Heath and Dudley kept spinning the tale all the way to the declaration day. Hell, even past th at to when he finally signed. Mississippi State didn't even try for the guy. They'd learned their lessons on that one, he was a SURE THING TO GO PRO. But fan interest was piqued for a year with speculation otherwise.
A guy is a great recruiter when he signs these guys. Right now, as Irwin points out, it appears Arkansas has two players of SEC quality on its roster. That's in three years of recruiting. That's not a good percentage.
Anybody who thinks we've got, or even come close to, UNC-type talent is nuts. I'm not sure the football team has UNC type talent.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

The_Bionic_Pig

March 07, 2005, 02:54:30 pm #12 Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 02:57:38 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
this being his 3rd recruiting class....the first one was assembled in 2 months and as you very well know most recruits acknowledge their interest in certain programs by their Sophmore/Junior yrs.  Now you cannot deny that Heath is in fact leaps and bounds ahead of our past coaches in hitting the recruiting trail and making in-roads.   Nolan had that same quality until 96' when he assumed Recruits would willingly choose Arkansas with little effort over ACC, Big12, Big10 and SEC programs.  But take a look at whom Arkansas is recruiting against for these phenominal athlete's (UNC, Arizona, Michigan St. etc...) The Razorbacks are still very favorbly veiwed not because of past sucesss but from what I have posted as Quotes by recruits "Their Style of Play"  now as ludicrous as that sounds due to W/L record kids still very much view themselves in that offense.   

Would you not agree drakehog Coach Heath is selling himself & Team potential to these prospective recruits more than recent success.  My friend that is a very tricky thing to do and somehow he still gets these recruits excited about the possibility of joining a team that hasn't seen a postseason in 4-5yrs. 

My view of HDN, Heath and every coach on Campus is flawed & biased because I have such blind love/loyalty  for the program.   If Coach Heath were recruiting at the same level as a Auburn, Vandy which would show no possibility for future progression then my enthusiasm would be null & void. 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Biggus Piggus

Stewie, why even put this crap up?  You know good and well Greg Oden is not a legitimate target for Arkansas.  Not in a million years.  We can't even get his teammate, the one named Conley.  And not Ocie Conley.

I very much appreciate your effort, but this raises false hopes.
[CENSORED]!

The_Bionic_Pig

March 07, 2005, 07:22:15 pm #14 Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 07:29:26 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 07, 2005, 05:51:29 pm
Stewie, why even put this crap up? You know good and well Greg Oden is not a legitimate target for Arkansas. Not in a million years. We can't even get his teammate, the one named Conley. And not Ocie Conley.

I very much appreciate your effort, but this raises false hopes.

Sorry but Arkansas is indeed still in persuit of Oden & Conley Jr. this is obvious by the number of reports given on several databases.  I am not here to raise the level of exspectation only to insure dissapointment, but to inform my fellow Razorback fans of who their University coaches are persue-ing as well as the recruits interest level.   Their are indeed several recruits whom I don't bother to mention because the interest level in them is not mutual and seems to be one-sided. Biggus  I can assure you this is not the  case with the prospect I post about.  As I posted earlier Greg Oden will indeed be in attendence at Bud Walton Arena April 15 - 17 (and with the age limit more than likely to effect the class of 06')  I and everyone would indeed be dissapointed if the Head Coach Stan Heath does not go after the no#1 H.S. recruit in the Nation when he is playing in your own backyard, especially when they have already taken a unofficail visit at their own exspense a few months back. (That thier shows a genuine interest)

Now as far as your concern as to raising false hopes, that would be true if I posted information that was not supported by "BlueQuotes" by the recruits themselves.  Now if they decide not to follow through on their word then Stewie is not the one who raised the exspectation level of the fans but the recruits themselves. In the past I have reported good and bad news.....and seriously do hope that my research is not veiwed as "crap"   ;)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Biggus Piggus

But it is NOT TRUE dammit.  This is stupid.
[CENSORED]!

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 07, 2005, 09:39:53 pm
But it is NOT TRUE dammit. This is stupid.

See for yourself http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=17529.0  I also provided dates on which the statements were made so you can research the information yourself.  I don't know what more I can do Biggus   ??? :-\
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Biggus Piggus

Trust me.  Arkansas has a 0% chance of signing Oden and a 5% chance of signing Conley.
[CENSORED]!

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 07, 2005, 10:29:22 pm
Trust me. Arkansas has a 0% chance of signing Oden and a 5% chance of signing Conley.

Oden & Conley would bolt in 2008 NBA draft...I would rather have Kemp, Washington, Wilderness, Smith, Lawrence (Kemps Teamate Wayne Chism has 0% chance of qualifying from what I am hearing Biggus)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

WindyCityHog

Last year, I was pumped about the possibility of Al Jefferson "committing" to Arkansas early, but then the slow realization that he was never going to enroll at Arkansas and jump straight to the NBA....So, this Oden thing...I take it with a grain of salt.  IF the NBA does impose the age-requirement, I don't see how the Hogs could not continue to go after arguably the best HS prospect in the country...

Keep up the good work Stewie....I like your analysis and input....and Biggus, I think it's only fair that info is put out there and we as indivduals should be left to decide what we believe or don't.  Stewie's info is far better (and less rah-rah) than anything you can find on a Clay or Grit site....

Philip Seaton

Quote from: WindyCityHog on March 07, 2005, 11:09:44 pm
Last year, I was pumped about the possibility of Al Jefferson "committing" to Arkansas early, but then the slow realization that he was never going to enroll at Arkansas and jump straight to the NBA....So, this Oden thing...I take it with a grain of salt. IF the NBA does impose the age-requirement, I don't see how the Hogs could not continue to go after arguably the best HS prospect in the country...

Keep up the good work Stewie....I like your analysis and input....and Biggus, I think it's only fair that info is put out there and we as indivduals should be left to decide what we believe or don't. Stewie's info is far better (and less rah-rah) than anything you can find on a Clay or Grit site....

I agree. The facts are just being put out there. Arkansas is recruiting those two and they have visited campus. Oden won't bolt straight to the NBA — the new Player's Association agreement is almost a certainty to add the age limit (you know those old hanger's on like drawing a paycheck to two more years.) Oden has stated that he wants to attend the same school as Conley and Conley's dad is doing everything he can to push to him to Arkansas (hence the early trip to the U of A campus and the return trip in April) but letting him make his own decision. Why do think Wake Forest is at every game? They know they are going to have to recruit twice as hard. Do I think Conley will be Hog? Who knows. Everyone here knows how kids change there mind. I would love to Conley and Oden in Hog uni's but who knows. Stewie is doing a  good job of just laying out the facts. I don't see any "Hog Colored" spin. That is one of the things I love about this site.
But back to the "O.C.",  we have to hope. Hope springs optimism. Wait...there hasn't been much of that around here recently.

Biggus Piggus

Conley's dad is NOT trying to push his son to Arkansas, and he shouldn't.  Our chances there are very low.  Oden is very likely to go pro, if David Stern can't get the age limit negotiated (and he's going to have to give up something to get it).  If he can't, he is getting love from every top program in the country.  The Indiana media say Arkansas is a nonfactor with him.  You guys have to spread the net and read something besides the noise that comes from the local guys, who will write things just to fill space.  They did not tell you the main reason why we got to sign Al Jefferson is everybody else knew he was going pro.  The local guys will write a story about every player Arkansas coaches come in contact with, but they will not put it in rational perspective.  You can do that pretty easily if you go to more reputable media sources.
[CENSORED]!

WindyCityHog

I did some searching....and there is a wide range of views out there when it comes to Oden.  The only consensus is that he's the #1 HS prospect for the class of 2006.

Rivals (national) has him listed as the #1 overall prospect, a 5 -star(of course) and has Michigan State and Indiana as "high" when it comes to Oden's interest, and then lists Arkansas, Wake Forest and couple of others as "medium".
Scout (national) also has him listed as the 5-star overall #1, but lists Arkansas, Indiana, Ohio State, and Wake Forest as "medium", with NO mention of Michigan State (which is strange).

I checked a few other sources, and by most accounts, it seems if he doesn't go straight to the NBA (because of the age-restriction proposal), then his most likely destination will be either Indiana or Michigan State with Wake Forest the 3rd choice because of his relationship with Conley Jr.  Indiana would seem to be the frontrunner, but because of the coaching turmoil there, maybe not...

I don't know if there is "0%" chance he'll cone to Arkansas like Biggus suggests, but IMHO, after reading a ton of articles, message boards, and other sites, I wouldn't give it much more than about a 10% shot.  Just my opinion...

As for Conley Jr., Rivals has him as a 4-star, Scout a 5-star (and #18 overall).....Sure seems like he's headed to Wake Forest to me...and Arkansas might (and I stress might) be his 2nd choice, albeit a distant 2nd.  There's also a lot of talk that Conley Jr., Oden, and another player (AAU teammate) would all attend the same school.....I don't think we'll see Conley Jr. on The Hill either.....

With that said, given the NBA rule change possibly taking place, I don't see Arkansas backing off of either....To do so now would really piss a lot of Hog faithful off, and Stan Heath is running out of friends....At least until after the mid-April visit of both to BWA...

Just my .02.