Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Athletic Director will Bring His Coach

Started by BigDeal, November 22, 2017, 01:52:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDeal

Bank on it. He may not be my first choice but Tom Bowen will be hired and he will bring Norvell with him along with others.

I thank you.

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

ipigsooie

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

HF#1

Memphis has nothing I care to want. Their coach is down on my list.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Captain Morgan

Quote from: BigDeal on November 22, 2017, 01:52:58 pm
Bank on it. He may not be my first choice but Tom Bowen will be hired and he will bring Norvell with him along with others.

I thank you.

I would bet the coach is hired before the AD.

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

BigDeal

Quote from: HF#1 on November 22, 2017, 01:56:17 pm
Memphis has nothing I care to want. Their coach is down on my list.

I would tend to agree but a broken clock is right twice a day. Those 2 are hot commodities right now.

TX HOG

Tusks

just a bit ..................outside.

No even close.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

HF#1

Quote from: BigDeal on November 22, 2017, 01:57:50 pm
I would tend to agree but a broken clock is right twice a day. Those 2 are hot commodities right now.

Tuberville/Malzahn
Bowen/Norvell

So many sources, so little time.

ipigsooie

Has Memphis making more money than they ever have. Oversaw their move to the AAC .  Overseeing huge projects as far as upgrading their facilities (this is a huge plus with our current project). Solid coaching hires. Not completely sold on Tubby Smith but that was a big name hire for Memphis.  Also his agent is out of Fort Smith.

MJ2

The new AD will be told to offer Gus first and then work down a list.    I'm not optimistic that Gus will come.

rljjr

Quote from: MJ2 on November 22, 2017, 02:26:20 pm
The new AD will be told to offer Gus first and then work down a list.    I'm not optimistic that Gus will come.

This is not a bad thing.

Porked Tongue

PorkSoda

Quote from: MJ2 on November 22, 2017, 02:26:20 pm
they don't need an AD to offer Gus or anyone else. 

if fact its probably better to hire the HC before the AD so that the AD doesn't carry that baggage if the HC doesn't work out. 

aka ultimately Long sealed his fate when he fired Petrino and hired CBB.  the failure of that hire, cost Long his job.

let the PTB hire who they want, if it doesn't work out, they have no one to blame but themselves.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

HotlantaHog

Very doubtful. It seems like the search is well under way before an AD is hired.

Arkansas Fan

Dropkick

Scott7703

Seebs

I don;t care who either of the hires are- let's get into some recruits living rooms ASAP.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

texas tush hog

I thank you.

We could only hope you are not full of crapola.

synthartist69

I thank you.
Works for me

ur

greenie

I thought Scanlon was a done deal.  Did I miss something? 
Man, am I ready for all this to be over.

Bowen/Norvell or Scanlon/Malzahn or ... Nutt/Horton  8)

Calvin Swine

BOAR_N2BWILD

Is this the AD that was a done deal on Monday or another AD?
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

jmark

40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

ur

Quote from: greenie on November 22, 2017, 06:47:03 pm
I thought Scanlon was a done deal.  Did I miss something? 
Man, am I ready for all this to be over.

Bowen/Norvell or Scanlon/Malzahn or ... Nutt/Horton  8)
evidently the wife wants to stay in LR

duckman

Danimal

I thank you.
Doubt it happens -- but I'd be tickled $hite-less if it did.

zuko

goodguytex

I'd prefer Norvell or Enos or even keeping bielema over malzahn. I'd rather have butt back than Malzahn.

bollweevilhog

Norvell has only 2 years experience and is coaching Fuentes recruits. I will pass.

moses_007

Ridiculous post.  No new AD brings his coach with him. 

jcbville

I thank you.

But before you said we could bank on the guy that 95% of Arkansas fans approve of. One Houston Dale Nutt. What happened to that bankable commodity? You seem like a small deal to me.

Matt Burks

Quote from: bollweevilhog on November 22, 2017, 07:16:47 pm
Norvell has only 2 years experience and is coaching Fuentes recruits. I will pass.
Do your homework, for one Fuente learned the offense that put him on the map from Norvell. Also, Norvell was the OC at Arizona State for 4 years, including 2 as Assistant Head Coach.

Hawg Life

Hawg Life

Quote from: bollweevilhog on November 22, 2017, 07:16:47 pm

This has been discussed a 100 times on here. Norvell has more experience than Gus had when he was hired @ Auburn. Norvell does more with less. We'd win immediately with him. Norvell has his own QB who could finish with 4,000 yards and he's playing 14 freshmen.

SwineOnUCrazyDiamond

SEC football coaches report directly to the BOT and president at most programs. They have a dotted line to the AD. That's all, and that's why the coaches make 2x and 3x more $$$ than the AD's. And that's why they get to sometime help pick the AD. It's not that complicated.

Hawg Life

Quote from: zuko on November 22, 2017, 07:13:11 pm
Memphis is not SEC and that is what we need. SEC blood.

Saban, Miles, Meyer all had no SEC experience when hired. This is nonsense.

Matt Burks

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 22, 2017, 07:56:39 pm
This has been discussed a 100 times on here. Norvell has more experience than Gus had when he was hired @ Auburn. Norvell does more with less. We'd win immediately with him. Norvell has his own QB who could finish with 4,000 yards and he's playing 14 freshmen.
I know, I just get tired of posts that are uniformed. It really doesn't take much to research the truth.

bollweevilhog

Quote from: Matt Burks on November 22, 2017, 07:52:33 pm
Do your homework, for one Fuente learned the offense that put him on the map from Norvell. Also, Norvell was the OC at Arizona State for 4 years, including 2 as Assistant Head Coach.

How did Fuente learn is his offense from Norvell when they never have coached together?

hogfansince79

Quote from: bollweevilhog on November 22, 2017, 08:06:39 pm
How did Fuente learn is his offense from Norvell when they never have coached together?

http://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/college/memphis-tigers/football/2017/10/26/memphis-football-speeding-ticket-offense-tigers-mike-norvell-riley-ferguson-anthony-miller-tulane/803769001/

It was former Tigers coach Justin Fuente who decided to switch to this style of offense ahead of quarterback Paxton Lynch's freshman year in 2013. Before doing so, he visited with Norvell, then the offensive coordinator at Arizona State, for three days.

Fuente "stole a lot of ideas," according to Dickey, who also served as Fuente's offensive coordinator.

"We decided to go to the no huddle, go to this tempo, and we did and it was effective for us. But it wasn't near to this level," Dickey said. "For what we were doing, this is a speeding ticket."

At its core, the offense boils down to "new presentations of the same concepts," Dickey noted. Norvell calls it a spread offense with pro-style tendencies.

Memphis can often confuse opponents simply by running variations of the same play out of different formations. 
"You're throwing a bunch of things at a defense that is very complicated for them to digest," Dickey said. "But it's very repetitive for us. It's just different people doing the jobs."
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." — George Carlin

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: Wildhog on November 22, 2017, 01:54:31 pm
Actual BigDeal?

He posted last week. At first I was suspicious...but so far he's passed the interrogation. Could be.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

bollweevilhog

Quote from: hogfansince79 on November 22, 2017, 08:24:08 pm
http://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/college/memphis-tigers/football/2017/10/26/memphis-football-speeding-ticket-offense-tigers-mike-norvell-riley-ferguson-anthony-miller-tulane/803769001/

It was former Tigers coach Justin Fuente who decided to switch to this style of offense ahead of quarterback Paxton Lynch's freshman year in 2013. Before doing so, he visited with Norvell, then the offensive coordinator at Arizona State, for three days.

Fuente "stole a lot of ideas," according to Dickey, who also served as Fuente's offensive coordinator.

"We decided to go to the no huddle, go to this tempo, and we did and it was effective for us. But it wasn't near to this level," Dickey said. "For what we were doing, this is a speeding ticket."

At its core, the offense boils down to "new presentations of the same concepts," Dickey noted. Norvell calls it a spread offense with pro-style tendencies.

Memphis can often confuse opponents simply by running variations of the same play out of different formations. 
"You're throwing a bunch of things at a defense that is very complicated for them to digest," Dickey said. "But it's very repetitive for us. It's just different people doing the jobs."

Please call Josh McDaniel it sounds very familar to the Patriots 2 minute drill.

hogfansince79

Quote from: bollweevilhog on November 22, 2017, 08:35:03 pm
Please call Josh McDaniel it sounds very familar to the Patriots 2 minute drill.

so?
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." — George Carlin

j-mann

speaking of McDaniels  good fit for arkansas  wouild cheat to win   wouild win 8-9 games a year here   
calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs

The Kig

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 22, 2017, 02:03:06 pm
Has Memphis making more money than they ever have. Oversaw their move to the AAC .  Overseeing huge projects as far as upgrading their facilities (this is a huge plus with our current project). Solid coaching hires. Not completely sold on Tubby Smith but that was a big name hire for Memphis.  Also his agent is out of Fort Smith.

Who gives a flying Efff?  Oversaw their move from one conference that nobody on the planet cared about to another conference that nobody gives a crap about, WOW!  Took them from losing $5 to making $5, whoop-T-doo.  Hired a has been and a nobody has ever heard of him- definitely "solid" hires. 

How the mighty have fallen that someone is "selling" ANYTHING coming out of Memphis as gold to an SEC school.  Jesus **** Christ
Poker Porker