Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DWR Stadium Expansion

Started by longpig, February 02, 2017, 02:12:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rljjr

Look. They left that gap there for all the College game day crew setups we will have in this future! Thinking ahead! Ha!

sowmonella

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on February 09, 2018, 03:08:41 pm
More of the lower bowl has been put in place. The NEZ tunnel is there as well. Its getting to the point  where you can get an idea of how it will look in the end.
I wish a pic from field level was available. Someone go down on the 50 and post a couple for us. What about that guy who kept going to Drake Field?
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: sowmonella on February 09, 2018, 03:43:41 pm
I wish a pic from field level was available. Someone go down on the 50 and post a couple for us. What about that guy who kept going to Drake Field?

Was just thinking the same. Can’t wait to see the look from field level again with the new updates.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: rljjr on February 09, 2018, 03:40:26 pm
Look. They left that gap there for all the College game day crew setups we will have in this future! Thinking ahead! Ha!
I know youre being facetious, but that actually would be a good spot for SEC gameday when they come next season
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

factchecker

Quote from: sowmonella on February 09, 2018, 03:43:41 pm

Found on instagram and twitter:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

elviscat

It's sad to spent that kind of money for only 3600 seats,it's crazy.

factchecker

Quote from: elviscat on February 09, 2018, 06:26:01 pm
It's sad to spent that kind of money for only 3600 seats,it's crazy.

And a new football center, game-day locker rooms (needed badly), elevators, big screen......
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

rljjr

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on February 09, 2018, 03:49:41 pm
I know youre being facetious, but that actually would be a good spot for SEC gameday when they come next season

Yeah, it really would. Here's hoping we become so good that game day can't stay away.

Oklahawg

Quote from: TebowHater on January 31, 2018, 07:35:21 pm
So, just to be clear, you truly believe Jeff $$ Long - the person who got rid of slobbering hog, added front facing hog, etc. (a clear champion of history) and whose every move was driven by profit even to the extent he put PEPSI at games much to fans chagrin (which I don't blame him for that is his job, and short of the CBB contract, he was objectively extremely good at it)  - would turn down the opportunity to sell 12 more suites...in the name / spirit of history? Rice I know you cannot actually believe that. If we could have filled those suites they would have been built.

We haven't had a "carpet bagger" moment in a few hours.

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

factchecker

Watch this whole video:

https://twitter.com/BDunnsports/status/962111773250871296

Recruits pay attention to facilities.

You can hate the coach.

You can hate the athletic director.

Fans should always support facility improvements because they help with recruiting and will last longer than any coach or AD.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

bphi11ips

Quote from: factchecker on February 09, 2018, 06:51:22 pm
Watch this whole video:

https://twitter.com/BDunnsports/status/962111773250871296

Recruits pay attention to facilities.

You can hate the coach.

You can hate the athletic director.

Fans should always support facility improvements because they help with recruiting and will last longer than any coach or AD.

Wow. Love this young man. Thanks for posting.

He's right about facilities. Arkansas's are as good as they get, as is the academic support.

The new NEZ improvements will have a big impact on recruiting in 2019 and beyond. It's an exciting time to be a Razorbacks fan.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

factchecker

Quote from: bphi11ips on February 09, 2018, 07:04:42 pm
Wow. Love this young man. Thanks for posting.

He's right about facilities. Arkansas's are as good as they get, as is the academic support.

The new NEZ improvements will have a big impact on recruiting in 2019 and beyond. It's an exciting time to be a Razorbacks fan.

You probably have a better idea than any of us about the facilities.  :)

Congratulations on your son choosing to be a Razorback!
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

bphi11ips

Quote from: factchecker on February 09, 2018, 07:08:03 pm
You probably have a better idea than any of us about the facilities.  :)

Congratulations on your son choosing to be a Razorback!

Thanks! 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: factchecker on February 09, 2018, 06:35:27 pm
And a new football center, game-day locker rooms (needed badly), elevators, big screen......

Don't forget a new kitchen for Twist.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Springfield_MO_Razorback

My wife and I will be making the trip down for the basketball game this Saturday. I signed us up for the event going on at DWRRS that day:

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/february-17-showcase-event/

For some of the activities like taking pictures on the field, kicking the 30 yard field goal, are those limited to people that place deposits only? On the first bullet point it states to be entered into a drawing you have to place a deposit for club seats. Does that apply for the drawing only or the rest of the bullet points? Just curious if anyone on here has further info about this event otherwise stated on the website. Thanks in advance!

redleg

Quote from: Oklahawg on February 09, 2018, 06:48:21 pm
We haven't had a "carpet bagger" moment in a few hours.

Holy crap! I had forgotten just how racist some of those old Looney Tunes cartoons were!  :o  Wow!
Still love Bugs and Sam, though.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: redleg on February 13, 2018, 01:54:41 pm
Holy crap! I had forgotten just how racist some of those old Looney Tunes cartoons were!  :o  Wow!
Still love Bugs and Sam, though.

LOL. But it would have been better if Bugs had called it "The War of Northern Aggression."
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

GoHogzzGo

Hawk or something on the south facing camera now.

sowmonella

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on February 16, 2018, 01:34:27 pm
Hawk or something on the south facing camera now.
Cheatin Auburn at it again.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Dillon23 on December 12, 2017, 12:56:28 pm
I hate it too, but I get smited everytime I mention it.  It looks like we ran out of money.  The only reason that is considered a "tradition" is because we didn't have a complete stadium.  Kinda like my dads old truck had a tradition of rolling down the windows when it was hot. The tradition went away when he finally bought one with a/c.

Pretty cool that the old truck would roll it's own windows down when it was hot. I'd have kept it...
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

FaytownHog

Since there haven't been pics posted in a while, here's the latest update. 2-18-18

go hogues

Quote from: razCzar on January 25, 2018, 09:05:02 pm
Definitely did and hated it.  Didn't surprise me at all though.  Based upon what I've seen on other teams' wide screens, Arkansas' version seems a little amateurish. 

Hopefully they'll get it together.
It's because it's the old NEZ screen and even before, video was always stretched too wide on it. It also had issues with scan lines being slowly refreshed, creating the amateurish results you speak of.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

bphi11ips

Quote from: FaytownHog on February 18, 2018, 08:56:00 am
Since there haven't been pics posted in a while, here's the latest update. 2-18-18

Thanks for posting.  The more I see the gap the better I like it and appreciate the reason it's there.

FaytownHog

Quote from: bphi11ips on February 18, 2018, 09:31:39 am
Thanks for posting.  The more I see the gap the better I like it and appreciate the reason it's there.
Looks like the entrance to MLB parks kind of. I THINK I will like it. Cannot wait for this to be done finally!

OneLardAlmighty

Quote from: FaytownHog on February 18, 2018, 09:43:38 am
Looks like the entrance to MLB parks kind of. I THINK I will like it. Cannot wait for this to be done finally!

That's what I've thought all along.  It's like the centerfield gate.  A lot of MLB parks do really cool things with those spaces, set up outdoor 'living rooms', have bands, etc.  There are plenty of possibilities here and on top of the roof, which it looks like they intend to use for that purpose  at least judging from the video.. 

Though most fans won't be able to afford to go up there.

goodguytex

I've had artists renderings of the inside and outside of the completed construction saved on my cell, and ever since I've gotten to see what the finished product looked like, I've liked it, and thought it looked awesome!

Now I do hope a time will come in the future when the expansion can be built on. But that may be 15-20 years. I hope Hog football gets successful enough in the near future where there won't ever be an empty seat in the house.

ThisTeetsTaken

How much will tickets for the "platform"areas cost?
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

FraggleHog

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on February 19, 2018, 08:13:53 pm
How much will tickets for the "platform"areas cost?

No inside info here, but I'd imagine they will be in the $20-$25 range. The whole idea was to offer it as an affordable alternative so that all fans can go to games.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

Supermark101

Quote from: FraggleHog on February 21, 2018, 01:08:07 pm
No inside info here, but I'd imagine they will be in the $20-$25 range. The whole idea was to offer it as an affordable alternative so that all fans can go to games.

I doubt they even sell those tickets until a game is officially sold out, but your price is probably close.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Looks like the standing room only area flooded with all the rain yesterday/last night

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on February 22, 2018, 08:01:09 am
Looks like the standing room only area flooded with all the rain yesterday/last night

Ha how about that. Too bad it isn't freezing now and we could get a little ice skating going up there.

ricepig

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on February 22, 2018, 08:51:59 am
Ha how about that. Too bad it isn't freezing now and we could get a little ice skating going up there.
That's a floodable moat to keep the riff-raff out, just testing it.

ricepig

Quote from: Supermark101 on February 22, 2018, 07:38:27 am
I doubt they even sell those tickets until a game is officially sold out, but your price is probably close.

At one time they were kicking around $15, but as we know, there's inflation. I agree, they are going to sell the others before those.

ballinhog

Wish we would get a new field, I like natural grass. Also wish we would paint the end zones red with white letters.

Yea yea I know that's ticky. I don't care

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: ballinhog on February 22, 2018, 10:08:31 am
Wish we would get a new field, I like natural grass. Also wish we would paint the end zones red with white letters.

I believe theres a contract for the artificial field. Cant get grass until that contract ends

ricepig

We're getting new turf, the font is to match the current font on our jerseys.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on February 22, 2018, 08:01:09 am

I like the ideas of making this area an intentional, designed 'water feature.' When it's still, it makes a nice reflecting pool. And, it could have dancing fountains like the Bellagio Hotel...they could go off after touchdowns.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: ricepig on February 22, 2018, 09:34:45 am

Lol  8)

ballinhog

Quote from: ricepig on February 22, 2018, 10:25:15 am

Well maybe the end zones will be red lol

LZH

woodhog14

Quote from: ricepig on February 22, 2018, 10:25:15 am
I hate that font. Looks terrible on our uniforms...especially the baseball uniforms.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on February 22, 2018, 09:34:45 am

So you won't be needing my pond this fall?  Thank goodness; the fish were complaining about the smell last year.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: sowmonella on February 16, 2018, 02:02:00 pm
Cheatin Auburn at it again.

Yeah, we better hope that hawk doesn't have a video camera on it somewhere. They better hope we don't have their crew working on the elevators in that new section..
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

oldhawg

Quote from: SooieGeneris on February 22, 2018, 12:55:38 pm
Yeah, we better hope that hawk doesn't have a video camera on it somewhere. They better hope we don't have their crew working on the elevators in that new section..

When headphones quit working for one team, the refs make the other team stop using them also.  I've always thought the the Auburn coaches working up in the box that day should have been made to go stand in an elevator somewhere until the situation was resolved.

Corkscrew Johnson

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on February 22, 2018, 10:27:42 am
I like the ideas of making this area an intentional, designed 'water feature.' When it's still, it makes a nice reflecting pool. And, it could have dancing fountains like the Bellagio Hotel...they could go off after touchdowns.

I like my Jesus wearing a tuxedo t-shirt.  Because it says like, I want to be formal, but I'm here to party.  I like to party, so I like my Jesus to party. 

razorbackfaninar

I don't know for sure, but I would bet we don't get natural grass any time soon.  If I recall, one of the reasons we went to turf is that it plays a little faster.  I could be wrong but I thought that was something  Petrino said at the time.

ricepig

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on February 22, 2018, 01:50:18 pm
I don't know for sure, but I would bet we don't get natural grass any time soon.  If I recall, one of the reasons we went to turf is that it plays a little faster.  I could be wrong but I thought that was something  Petrino said at the time.

I believe the current turf was installed in 2008 and Petrino did prefer turf over grass. It's 10 years old which is time for replacement. When asked when the font would be changed to match the current font, Long has replied when we change the turf in 2018.

FraggleHog

Quote from: ricepig on February 22, 2018, 03:09:40 pm
I believe the current turf was installed in 2008 and Petrino did prefer turf over grass. It's 10 years old which is time for replacement. When asked when the font would be changed to match the current font, Long has replied when we change the turf in 2018.

Cue the "Our Turf looks Crappy on TV" comments in 3....2.....
Calling the Hogs from DFW

AlmaHog2011

Sorry I haven't kept up. Will this be completed this year?