Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DWR Stadium Expansion

Started by longpig, February 02, 2017, 02:12:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FraggleHog

Quote from: AP85 on August 11, 2017, 09:48:44 pm
I've never thought our stadium was one of the best and loudest in the SEC. But I think that the upgrades look nice. I was skeptical at first. But I think it's going to be nice.

Greg McElroy and Jalen Hurts say otherwise
Calling the Hogs from DFW

AirWarren

Nosboar Accubond

FraggleHog

Quote from: AP85 on August 11, 2017, 10:51:37 pm
ok.

I'm not saying the stadium is the biggest.  All I'm saying is that the stadium can get REAL loud. I believe acoustical engineers did a study last year that backs my statement up. Not gonna lie, it can be really quiet in there if the opponent is of a lower caliber. But Hog Fans get DWRRS rocking! Maybe it's the aluminum bleachers, that the field is below ground level, or the steepness or angle  of the incline of the stadium. Acoustics are funny like that. I expect it to get much louder (obviously) when the stadium is 90% enclosed.

sowmonella

August 11, 2017, 11:03:49 pm #804 Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 08:51:09 am by sowmonella
AP85 is a troll that is always negative towards the Razorbacks.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

AirWarren

Quote from: sowmonella on August 11, 2017, 11:03:49 pm
AP85 is a troll that is always negative the Razorbacks.

How was my post negative? I complimented the progress.

Take your dress off nancy and relax.

AirWarren

razCzar

When I put up this rendering recently, I wondered how so many rows of seats could fit onto the remaining ground/area between the steel structure and the end zone.......

Factchecker's rendering shows fewer rows, which makes more sense. 
So - no doubt - this rendering is more the way it should end up.

ricepig

Quote from: razCzar on August 11, 2017, 11:13:24 pm
When I put up this rendering recently, I wondered how so many rows of seats could fit onto the remaining ground/area between the steel structure and the end zone.......

Factchecker's rendering shows fewer rows, which makes more sense. 
So - no doubt - this rendering is more the way it should end up.

There are 1160 lower level club seats, 1061 upper level seats, 80 field level Loge seats, and 272 mid-level Loge seats. There are also 476 seats in the suites.

southeasthog

I've never thought our stadium was one of the best and loudest in the SEC. But I think that the upgrades look nice. I was skeptical at first. But I think it's going to be nice.
How many games have you attended?

I'm not trying to start anything but as was pointed out, other players have said it was one of the loudest. Bama 2010, 2014 were very loud. Tennessee 2011 was also. DJ Williams said that Ole Miss's last play 2016 was as loud as he has ever heard.
Quote from: 1990sHogBallChild on March 04, 2023, 04:08:32 pmWe have peaked... lucked his way to two elite 8s by getting the most favorable draws in tourney history. Beat the most over-rated 1 seed in the history of college basketball in Gonzaga who would be a 6 seed if they played in a real conference. Then Muss's other 5 tourney wins are against an average of a 12 seed. A few dozen coaches could have done that. Two losing records in SEC play is as much as MA had in 8 years.

HognitiveDissonance

Razorback Stadium will never be the largest---not in the SEC. Being in one of those 100,000 stadiums is an experience of itself, no doubt. I remember first trip to Knoxville with over 100,000 and was awed.
But I do think it's one of the nicest. I've been everywhere in the league.
What's odd is that DWR is similar to the model of most NFL stadiums. You would think NFL fields would go for the more the better, but they generally don't. They build a lot of 65000-75000 seat stadiums with plenty of club seats where the most revenue is. That is the business model that works.

The SEC actually has more large-capacity stadiums than the NFL does.

goodguytex

Quote from: southeasthog on August 12, 2017, 09:47:52 am

I'm not trying to start anything but as was pointed out, other players have said it was one of the loudest. Bama 2010, 2014 were very loud. Tennessee 2011 was also. DJ Williams said that Ole Miss's last play 2016 was as loud as he has ever heard.
I was at the 2010 bama game, the 2011 Tennessee game. They were both extremely loud. Bama fans at the game in 2010 left with respect for our program, for our stadium. Best seats I could get was in bama seating, and they were respectful of our people, our stadium, and our program.

In the 2011 Tennessee game, when Joe Adams returned that punt for a TD and did it the way he did, the crowd went nuts, and I was one of them.

I was there for the 2004 texass game. We lost that game but the crowd noise was deafening. The 2013 Aggie game when Manziel came in was extremely loud too. The Hogs fought so hard to the very end. And we all saw the Hogs lose. But they gave it their all, including a hurt Brandon Allen. And I can't wait to be in that stadium again when the construction is finished. It's going to be awesome!

PRORODEO51

Does anyone know how many standing room only tickets that will be sold for the north end zone.

ricepig

Quote from: PRORODEO51 on August 12, 2017, 02:48:30 pm
Does anyone know how many standing room only tickets that will be sold for the north end zone.

They listed 1500 in the proposal to the BOT last year.

AirWarren

Quote from: southeasthog on August 12, 2017, 09:47:52 am

I've been to games against South Carolina, Troy, the overtime winner against Bama, ole miss, and a few LSU. And a few of the cupcakes.

Redhogs

Was there for the scrimmage today...stadium looks completely different inside with the changes they are making, seriously like a different stadium...very positive and big time now.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

factchecker

Quote from: Redhogs on August 12, 2017, 04:55:32 pm
Was there for the scrimmage today...stadium looks completely different inside with the changes they are making, seriously like a different stadium...very positive and big time now.

I thought the same thing.  The stadium just feels bigger now.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: factchecker on August 12, 2017, 05:15:31 pm
I thought the same thing.  The stadium just feels bigger now.

And nobody took photos to post on here for the rest of us?! Shame. Lol. Ah well I'll go back to the construction cam.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

factchecker

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on August 12, 2017, 06:19:36 pm
And nobody took photos to post on here for the rest of us?! Shame. Lol. Ah well I'll go back to the construction cam.

Not my pics but view from the pressbox:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

VirginiaHog

southeasthog

Quote from: goodguytex on August 12, 2017, 02:22:15 pm
I was at the 2010 bama game, the 2011 Tennessee game. They were both extremely loud. Bama fans at the game in 2010 left with respect for our program, for our stadium. Best seats I could get was in bama seating, and they were respectful of our people, our stadium, and our program.

In the 2011 Tennessee game, when Joe Adams returned that punt for a TD and did it the way he did, the crowd went nuts, and I was one of them.

I was there for the 2004 texass game. We lost that game but the crowd noise was deafening. The 2013 Aggie game when Manziel came in was extremely loud too. The Hogs fought so hard to the very end. And we all saw the Hogs lose. But they gave it their all, including a hurt Brandon Allen. And I can't wait to be in that stadium again when the construction is finished. It's going to be awesome!

I forgot about the 2013 A&M game. I had family (A&M Alums) up for that game. That was a great game and overall atmosphere. They were impressed with our stadium and fans.
Quote from: 1990sHogBallChild on March 04, 2023, 04:08:32 pmWe have peaked... lucked his way to two elite 8s by getting the most favorable draws in tourney history. Beat the most over-rated 1 seed in the history of college basketball in Gonzaga who would be a 6 seed if they played in a real conference. Then Muss's other 5 tourney wins are against an average of a 12 seed. A few dozen coaches could have done that. Two losing records in SEC play is as much as MA had in 8 years.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: southeasthog on August 13, 2017, 07:50:12 am
I forgot about the 2013 A&M game. I had family (A&M Alums) up for that game. That was a great game and overall atmosphere. They were impressed with our stadium and fans.

Would have been better if we had won.

southeasthog

razCzar

August 13, 2017, 08:58:56 am #823 Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 09:22:19 am by razCzar
Perhaps a little 'off-topic', but while doing the Time-Lapse for the NEZ, following the progress of the AChiO and Phi Mu sorority houses has been kind of interesting.  That you can watch both being built side-by-side is unusual.  Not to mention their completion is a major development in the maturity of UA's sorority row.

gangstaback

Quote from: FraggleHog on August 11, 2017, 11:02:46 pm
I'm not saying the stadium is the biggest.  All I'm saying is that the stadium can get REAL loud. I believe acoustical engineers did a study last year that backs my statement up. Not gonna lie, it can be really quiet in there if the opponent is of a lower caliber. But Hog Fans get DWRRS rocking! Maybe it's the aluminum bleachers, that the field is below ground level, or the steepness or angle  of the incline of the stadium. Acoustics are funny like that. I expect it to get much louder (obviously) when the stadium is 90% enclosed.

Source or link on the study?

Razorback stadium may be a lot of things but MOST loud is a claim I have never heard from an objective source.

AirWarren

Quote from: gangstaback on August 14, 2017, 02:47:29 pm

Razorback stadium may be a lot of things but MOST loud is a claim I have never heard from an objective source.

Bingo.

IronMountainHog

Razorback stadium may be a lot of things but REAL loud is a claim I have never heard from an objective source.
http://www.onecountry.com/loudest-stadiums-in-college-football-2068189465.amp.html

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

gangstaback

Quote from: factchecker on August 14, 2017, 02:55:19 pm
BINGO!

Article authored by Adam Bailey...

Born in Louisiana and raised in Alabama, Adam has lived, worked, and adventured all over the world: Australia, Zimbabwe, and Italy just to name a few. He claims he is jack-of-all-trades and an expert in none, Adam was a professional raft guide for thirteen years before settling down in Shreveport with his wife, Erin, and dog, Charley. When not writing, Adam works as an Urban Planner who enjoys his time off rock climbing, mountain biking, paddle boarding, and kayaking.

:)

FraggleHog

Why would a couple of Alabama QB's be biased towards Arkansas?

factchecker

Quote from: gangstaback on August 14, 2017, 03:04:13 pm
Article authored by Adam Bailey...

Born in Louisiana and raised in Alabama, Adam has lived, worked, and adventured all over the world: Australia, Zimbabwe, and Italy just to name a few. He claims he is jack-of-all-trades and an expert in none, Adam was a professional raft guide for thirteen years before settling down in Shreveport with his wife, Erin, and dog, Charley. When not writing, Adam works as an Urban Planner who enjoys his time off rock climbing, mountain biking, paddle boarding, and kayaking.

:)

In the article:

QuoteRazorback Stadium (Arkansas Razorbacks) Highest Recorded Decibel Level: 117

The article was based in facts.  Sorry that your purple stripe puke stadium doesn't get louder than .0024 decibel but it still shouldn't deter you and your conway college buddies from being bear fans.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

rljjr

Facts coming at you so fast it messes you up!

factchecker

Quote from: FraggleHog on August 14, 2017, 03:07:19 pm

gangstapurplestripebear dislikes the hogs and NWA.  He did the same crap about basketball attendance last season vs. Georgia (senior day).

Quote from: gangstaback on March 04, 2017, 03:11:44 pm
Weak showing... what was going on in NWA?

When the truth was:

https://twitter.com/Hilary_TV/status/838123535126102018
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

gangstaback

Quote from: FraggleHog on August 14, 2017, 03:07:19 pm

College students chugging Monster energy drinks are not an objective source by my standards but I'm sure you'll find a way I must be wrong.

Quote from: factchecker on August 14, 2017, 03:08:36 pm
In the article:

The article was based in facts.  Sorry that your purple stripe puke stadium doesn't get louder than .0024 decibel but it still shouldn't deter you and your conway college buddies from being bear fans.

Did you get rejected by UCA?

I've been to several stadiums and even War Memorial is louder than Razorback Stadium. This doesn't detract all of the good but I'm sure you wouldn't understand.

Mr. Adam Bailey, his smartphone app for measuring decibels, and how loud he yells at his dog Charley is really not a fact.

factchecker

August 14, 2017, 03:26:57 pm #836 Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 06:49:56 pm by factchecker
Quote from: gangstaback on August 14, 2017, 03:18:34 pm
College students chugging Monster energy drinks are not an objective source by my standards but I'm sure you'll find a way I must be wrong.

Opposing football players who play in the biggest and best stadiums are much more accurate than a weird bear fan with an axe to grind against NWA.

Proud alumnus of THE University of Arkansas.  UCA is a fine school. No problem with UCA.  It's the one weird stripe bear fan who post on hogville that's the annoyance.

I've been to several stadiums and even War Memorial is louder than Razorback Stadium. This doesn't detract all of the good but I'm sure you wouldn't understand.

Mr. Adam Bailey, his smartphone app for measuring decibels, and how loud he yells at his dog Charley is really not a fact.

WMS has been loud in the past.  The fact that someone wrote an article with FACTS about how loud Razorback stadium is does not take away from WMS history.  Don't let the FACT that times change hurt your feelings.  DWRRS does get loud as cited by the article and several visiting fans/opponents.  As well as ESPN commentators:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

RazorPiggie

I have never heard anything like 2010 Bama game when Wingo scored the first TD. And I've been to a few of the LSU games in WMS like in 2006, 2008, & 2010. Those games were loud but nothing close to that 2010 game against Bama.

factchecker

Quote from: RazorPiggie on August 14, 2017, 03:31:50 pm
I have never heard anything like 2010 Bama game when Wingo scored the first TD. And I've been to a few of the LSU games in WMS like in 2006, 2008, & 2010. Those games were loud but nothing close to that 2010 game against Bama.

It was LOUD!

https://twitter.com/YourNaborJohn/status/896059520316710913
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

PorcineSublime

August 14, 2017, 05:20:41 pm #839 Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 05:52:42 pm by PorcineSublime
Quote from: IronMountainHog on August 14, 2017, 02:52:09 pm
http://www.onecountry.com/loudest-stadiums-in-college-football-2068189465.amp.html
Interesting that the loudest stadium is basically open on one end. Can you imagine how loud it would be if it weren't?
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Inhogswetrust

I consider former opponents players to be very objective......................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

go hogues

Quote from: factchecker on August 14, 2017, 03:26:57 pm
Opposing football players who play in the biggest and best stadiums are much more accurate than a weird bear fan with an axe to grind against NWA.

Proud alumnus of THE University of Arkansas.  UCA is a fine school. No problem with UCA.  It's the one weird stripe bear fan who post on hogville that's the annoyance.

WMS has been loud in the past.  The fact that someone wrote an article with FACTS about how loud Razorback stadium is does not take away from WMS history.  Don't let the FACT that times change hurt your feelings.  DWRRS does get loud as cited by the article and several visiting fans/opponents.  As well as ESPN commentators:

Glad you posted that video. I've been to countless games in RRS and that last series against OM last year was the loudest I've ever heard it. It's gonna be so awesome when more of that sound is retained in the stadium with the new addition.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

ImHogginIt

Quote from: PorcineSublime on August 14, 2017, 05:20:41 pm
Interesting that the loudest stadium is basically open on one end. Can you imagine how loud it would be if it weren't?

People forget that half the stadium is built into a hill which helped to keep sound in

goodguytex

Quote from: RazorPiggie on August 14, 2017, 03:31:50 pm
Yup. I was at that game yelling as loud as I could when the Hogs were on defense. I still to this day think if Dennis Johnson hadn't gone down hurt against LA Monroe and played in that game, Hogs would've won. His kick return abilities, his ability to pound the defense when running the ball. Just a shame still we lost that game.

Also the last game my best friend, who died of prostate cancer 2 years later, was able to go to. And and I had a memory I'll sure never forget.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

I wasn't at the Ole miss game last year, but I could tell how loud it was when my TV speakers started messing up lol. I went to the 4OT game against Auburn in 2015 and that was by far the loudest Ive ever heard fans at any football game.
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

jst01

What year was LSU in Little Rock that the opening offensive series for LSU was sack, sack, hurried incomplete pass, punt?   I believe Mallett was QB.  The start of that game was so loud that the noise became like a static white noise that couldn't even be heard...you just looked around and saw peoples arms up and their mouths open and it felt insane. Loudest crowd I've sat in.

NuttinItUp

Anyone else find it weird that now that the Broyles center is gone because of the stadium expansion....now so is Frank? 

:( :( :(

(Note: Correlation does not equal causation.)

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: NuttinItUp on August 15, 2017, 09:12:27 am
Anyone else find it weird that now that the Broyles center is gone because of the stadium expansion....now so is Frank? 

:( :( :(

(Note: Correlation does not equal causation.)

If Coach Broyles had been 52 yes, since he was 92ish, nah. One helluva full life he lived and glad the field is in his namesake.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

hawganatic

Interesting thread.  What I think it proves is that we can get very loud in DWRRS, when we WANT to.   

What we need to learn is how to be this loud for EVERY game, and not just the big name schools or high profile games.  I want DWRRS to be just as lit up against a school like New Mexico State as it will be for Auburn this season.  Instead will probably have 60-65k attend with most leaving by the 4th quarter.

I want DWRRS to get the same type of reputation as the Swamp or Tiger Stadium.  I'd love for fans on the other side of the country to turn our game on and see a lit up crowd when we are playing a lower tier opponent and we are up by 21 points., and for that person to put DWRRS on their bucket list of stadiums to visit because of it.

One of my bucket list stadiums is Doak Campbell Stadium at FSU.  It just looks like a fun time every time they start doing the war chant.  I want fans of other schools to have the same reaction when they turn our game on and see the crowd.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: hawganatic on August 15, 2017, 09:54:54 am
Interesting thread.  What I think it proves is that we can get very loud in DWRRS, when we WANT to.   

What we need to learn is how to be this loud for EVERY game, and not just the big name schools or high profile games.  I want DWRRS to be just as lit up against a school like New Mexico State as it will be for Auburn this season.  Instead will probably have 60-65k attend with most leaving by the 4th quarter.

I want DWRRS to get the same type of reputation as the Swamp or Tiger Stadium.  I'd love for fans on the other side of the country to turn our game on and see a lit up crowd when we are playing a lower tier opponent and we are up by 21 points., and for that person to put DWRRS on their bucket list of stadiums to visit because of it.

One of my bucket list stadiums is Doak Campbell Stadium at FSU.  It just looks like a fun time every time they start doing the war chant.  I want fans of other schools to have the same reaction when they turn our game on and see the crowd.

You're not going to see many fans get pumped up for games like New Mexico State. And if the game goes as it should you won't see many left in the 4th quarter in any stadium around the nation. Especially when there are other high profile games on.