Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best flourocarbon line

Started by ThisTeetsTaken, June 06, 2017, 06:57:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ThisTeetsTaken

Hey guys.  What is the best type/brand of fluorocarbon fishing line?  Just wanting something for really clear water that is easy to cast. 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

BroyledNutts

P-Line CX Premium is what I turn to ... all the benefits of a co-polymer - low stretch, superior knot strength, superior abrasion resistance - with the added benefits of a Fluorocarbon coating for limiting water absorption, lowering line friction, and very low memory. Comes in 3 different colors for added flexibility. Only noted drawback is that P-Line, whether Fluoro, co-poly, or the CX, doesn't show up well under black light night fishing conditions.

For a 100% Fluorocarbon line, you might give P-Line's Tactical Fluorocarbon a try...my 2 cents...

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: BroyledNutts on June 06, 2017, 09:40:36 pm
P-Line CX Premium is what I turn to ... all the benefits of a co-polymer - low stretch, superior knot strength, superior abrasion resistance - with the added benefits of a Fluorocarbon coating for limiting water absorption, lowering line friction, and very low memory. Comes in 3 different colors for added flexibility. Only noted drawback is that P-Line, whether Fluoro, co-poly, or the CX, doesn't show up well under black light night fishing conditions.

For a 100% Fluorocarbon line, you might give P-Line's Tactical Fluorocarbon a try...my 2 cents...
You talked me into it.  Had some Bass Pro rewards money so I ordered some.  We'll see what's up. 

BroyledNutts

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on June 10, 2017, 04:53:39 pm
You talked me into it.  Had some Bass Pro rewards money so I ordered some.  We'll see what's up. 

Hope it works well for you and you're happy with it.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: BroyledNutts on June 10, 2017, 08:45:11 pm
Hope it works well for you and you're happy with it.
Well, you are right so far.  I really like how thin this stuff is and how limp it is.  Casts very smoothly.  We'll see how it holds up but so far it looks like my new line.  Even cheaper than Trilene.

BTW, you don't work for P-Line, do you?

BroyledNutts

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on June 16, 2017, 09:17:13 am
Well, you are right so far.  I really like how thin this stuff is and how limp it is.  Casts very smoothly.  We'll see how it holds up but so far it looks like my new line.  Even cheaper than Trilene.

BTW, you don't work for P-Line, do you?

I wish I did ... They just get a lot of my $$$ during fishing season ... and I'm a creature of habit. Fishing's tough enough without having to worry about equipment on top of everything else. I've fished for so long I've tried everything out there twice, and once I find something that really works I don't waiver from it unless I have to ... Falcon rods, Shimano bait casters, Pfleuger spinning reels, P-line. These things perform for me without issue, so there's no need for me to constantly experiment with gear.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: BroyledNutts on June 17, 2017, 03:22:18 am
I wish I did ... They just get a lot of my $$$ during fishing season ... and I'm a creature of habit. Fishing's tough enough without having to worry about equipment on top of everything else. I've fished for so long I've tried everything out there twice, and once I find something that really works I don't waiver from it unless I have to ... Falcon rods, Shimano bait casters, Pfleuger spinning reels, P-line. These things perform for me without issue, so there's no need for me to constantly experiment with gear.
I'm with you on the Pfeuger spinning reels but I use Fenwick rods.

riccoar

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on July 18, 2017, 07:58:56 pm
I'm with you on the Pfeuger spinning reels but I use Fenwick rods.
I refuse to spend high dollar on rods.  Been using Berkley Lightning Rod for years.  $40 bucks and work great.  Baitcast reel of choice is Daiwa.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: riccoar on July 19, 2017, 06:47:18 am
I refuse to spend high dollar on rods.  Been using Berkley Lightning Rod for years.  $40 bucks and work great.  Baitcast reel of choice is Daiwa.
I use Lightening Rodz for trolling. They are good rods.  You can get a Fenwick Eagle rod for about $60 and the feel is night and day different.  I can feel everything going on with the bait. They are great rods for the price.

Großer Kriegschwein

Berkley Big Game 50 for kitties and striper.
This is my non-signature signature.

UAGolfer1981

PLine is the way to go.  Seaguar is very good as well.

jdelo77

I love seagur and Pline both ! I use a falcon micro guide spinning rod for jigging for crappie and can tell you it's worth every penny ! My dad swears by the carrot stick and I have outfished him a few times with the falcon ...