Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How many posts you need in order to... (Hogville Access levels, and a caveat)

Started by Doug, September 23, 2013, 02:05:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug

To cut down on the number of Private messages, posts and emails sent, this post explains the number of posts you need in order to access certain features. Read the entire thing before asking your question. Be sure to pay attention to the CAVEAT below.

These limitations are invoked due to past systemic abuse. Sorry, but they will not be going away or turned off. For everyone, please do not identify the specific hidden forums people gain access to. Thanks.

10+ Posts
Ability to edit your profile, Avatar, Signature, etc.
Image/Security questions goes away.
Ability to send/receive Private messages.
Ability to start new threads (this might be changed to a higher level in the near future)
Maximum of 10 stored private messages (inbox and sent items)

50+ Posts
All the items above, plus access to our Search feature - Search is down for now.
Access to a couple "hidden" forums.
Maximum of 25 stored private messages (inbox and sent items)

149+ Posts
All the items above.
Access to one more "hidden" forum.
Maximum of 25 stored private messages (inbox and sent items)

500+ Posts
All the items above, plus limits on stored Private Messages removed.

CAVEAT: Try to have a meaningful dialogue on Hogville. If your post falls below minimum character counts or does not do anything towards contributing to the current conversation, we reserve the right to not only remove the post, but dock you additional posts off your post count. These can range anywhere from the loss of 2 posts for each 1 post we toss to as high as the loss of 5 posts for each 1 post we toss. And yes, your post count CAN go negative, and yes, we WILL bump people into negative post counts, just to make a point.

If we dock your post count, expect to receive a warning issued for this, as well. We further reserve the right to outright delete your account, if we detect that your intent is to circumvent the security protocols we have in place.

Hard line to stand on, but one that has worked well for protecting Hogville members.

Thanks and happy foruming!
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)