Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I retract

Started by PHill94, November 06, 2011, 09:06:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PHill94

my previous statements that Arkansas is def in the ship with a 3 way tie. I'm now at about 75%. (I'm talking SEC CG by the way)
I now feel we need a sound victory over LSU. Maybe between 10-14 to make sure we pass Bama and not have LSU fall below Bama. Regardless, I wouldld't have it any other way. Once again, I still feel we don't beat Lsu this season based on our road game woes to this point but I have a feeling nobody on this team wants a victory more than the one at LSU. One game at a time but if this team takes care of business, i could see this game being potentially the biggest game in the SEC era, maybe even the biggest of all time. GHG!

Arazorbackguy1

As I understand the rules, even of we beat LSU, we'd have to be 5 spots ahead of Bama in the rankings to get to Atlanta.  That won't happen.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

PHill94

Quote from: NolanForAD on November 06, 2011, 09:13:37 am
I don't think the score would matter much.  Voters would have to look for something to distinguish the teams.  We had to play the other two on the road, and Bama got the other two at home.  Result:  Arkansas 1, LSU 2, Bama 3

That's why i am still at 75%. I believe just win and it's all taken care of.

PHill94

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on November 06, 2011, 09:18:49 am
As I understand the rules, even of we beat LSU, we'd have to be 5 spots ahead of Bama in the rankings to get to Atlanta.  That won't happen.

Top 2 goes head to head. Doesn't matte as long as LSU and Arkansas are top 2.

songofthesword

keep in mind, bama's key OOC win, penn state, plays ohio state, wisconsin and nebraska in the next 3 weeks.

that's going to be huge, if they lose all three, and a and m can beat texas, kansas state and kansas.. we should jump them IF we win out.

arkansasbred

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on November 06, 2011, 09:18:49 am
Im almost positive that if we beat Lsu and they stay ranked ahead of bama then bama is out of the equation.  It looks at the top two ranked in the bcs, then looks at their head to head matchup if they are within 5 spots of each other.. but if we beat lsu and bama jumps ahead of them in the rankings then we are likely done for as far as sec championship game

Dominicanhog

Quote from: NolanForAD on November 06, 2011, 09:13:37 am
I don't think the score would matter much.  Voters would have to look for something to distinguish the teams.  We had to play the other two on the road, and Bama got the other two at home.  Result:  Arkansas 1, LSU 2, Bama 3
road games, home games that's too logical... they'll never use that.