Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A-K-R-A-N-S-A-S ?

Started by bigpigpimpin, September 10, 2016, 11:22:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Killean

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on September 11, 2016, 01:07:42 pm
Was it in Apocalypse Now when the soldier was writing a letter to his girlfriend back home and misspelled "Dear" and wrote "Deer"? He said it was okay because she couldn't read very good anyway.

Wasn't that Platoon?
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

moses_007

Now Les Miles will have a different pronunciation of AR-KANSAS.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Killean on September 11, 2016, 01:13:23 pm
Wasn't that Platoon?

Yes, I think you are correct. Thanx!
My mistake.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: buldozer on September 11, 2016, 09:08:07 am
Someone is paid a nice salary by the university to secure the jerseys, fit them in the proper size for each player, and have them available at the game. That person should be relieved of the overwhelming responsibility they couldn't handle..... then a new person should follow up with the vendor to take whatever corrective action the coach determines is needed at the next level. When you don't perform the job you are paid to do, you should step away and let some one else have an opportunity IMO.
Lighten up. There are 70 road jerseys for players that dress as well as the extras packed for each game.  Our equipment staff does an excellent job of having our guys gear ready.  If you don't think things like this can be easily overlooked, take a look at this.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

RME

Someone is paid a nice salary by the university to secure the jerseys, fit them in the proper size for each player, and have them available at the game. That person should be relieved of the overwhelming responsibility they couldn't handle..... then a new person should follow up with the vendor to take whatever corrective action the coach determines is needed at the next level. When you don't perform the job you are paid to do, you should step away and let some one else have an opportunity IMO.

Never, ever messed up on the job, have ya? If you did, I hope you stepped away and let someone else have an opportunity to correct whatever it was you screwed up.

ChitownHawg

Jesus? Is that you? Could you walk a little further on the water so I can be sure it is you?  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ChitownHawg

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on September 11, 2016, 01:20:52 pm
Lighten up. There are 70 road jerseys for players that dress as well as the extras packed for each game.  Our equipment staff does an excellent job of having our guys gear ready.  If you don't think things like this can be easily overlooked, take a look at this.

I think a while back KNWA did a small piece on how they load up that eighteen wheeler for a road game. There is a lot of work that goes into it.

Our guys do a great job.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

cmrhawg

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: cmrhawg on September 11, 2016, 01:36:18 pm
You should be fired

Ha!
Whew! When I first read that I thought you were going to say I should be "Fierd"

ricepig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on September 11, 2016, 01:39:19 pm
Ha!
Whew! When I first read that I thought you were going to say I should be "Fierd"

I thought you were fried.....but I digress.....

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on September 11, 2016, 01:39:57 pm

This early in the day? 😉

ricepig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on September 11, 2016, 01:46:02 pm
This early in the day? 😉

You do live in the western time zone in the state.....sorry.

PorkSoda

Quote from: TeufelHog on September 10, 2016, 11:27:53 pm
Must be "lucky jersey's" . . . after tonight I say keep wearing'em!
word
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: BigSexyHog on September 11, 2016, 01:05:15 pm
No excuse for this with the type of money being exchanged for uniforms.  Mistake or no mistake.   Heads should roll

That is not how we handle things as Akransans.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Dominicanhog

September 11, 2016, 01:53:35 pm #64 Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 02:13:57 pm by Dominicanhog
Wow... Less Miles is gonna have trouble with pronunciation of that for sure..

PorkSoda

Quote from: 10yrsofhell on September 11, 2016, 09:01:06 am
Someone should inform Les Miles about our name change.
Ak-ransas
lol
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Now that I think of it, this "typo" combined with our awesome win results in some great media exposure.  Sure, some people will laugh, but they'll be laughing at the winners of last night's game.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Hawgar The Horrible

There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Dr. Starcs

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on September 11, 2016, 01:49:35 pm
You do live in the western time zone in the state.....sorry.

"It gets late early out there...." Yogi Berra

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Großer Kriegschwein

Any of ya'll reckon he knew how to pronounce it after the arse whoopin McFadden dumped on him?

This is my non-signature signature.

reddogjcss

Don't change it! Leave it alone as long as we are winning

rljjr

I'm sure Nike can find a nice honorarium from the student forum.

kodiakisland

What I find stupid about the whole thing is that some of you people think no one knew about it until twitter informed us all.  I'm sure it was noticed by quite a few but what were they supposed to do about it last minute?  Not wear a jersey at all?  Good grief.  It's funny.  Lighten the f up.  I hope they let him wear it all year.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

JHicks3636

No telling how much that jersey is now worth as a collector's item.

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 11, 2016, 07:00:21 pm
made the DMN.......

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2016/09/10/razorbacks-running-back-suffers-akransas-jersey-gaffe

This is why I tell my cousin when she acts like the most educated girl in the trailer park (masters in geography), that nobody cares anymore.
This is my non-signature signature.

SpanHog

Quote from: ricepig on September 11, 2016, 01:39:57 pm

Fred?  That you?
proud graduate of the U of A 2013

Captain Hogthrob

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on September 11, 2016, 11:02:24 am
This is being shared all over the place on twitter and football forums.  I guess this is going to be their proof that Arkansas is dumb?  I would imagine so.

C'mon guys this happens all the time in sports. No need to be so sensitive.  It's good publicity.
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on September 11, 2016, 11:02:24 am
This is being shared all over the place on twitter and football forums.  I guess this is going to be their proof that Arkansas is dumb?  I would imagine so.

no it just shows how careless NIKE is..........
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)