Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yell A for Arkansas on 3rd down

Started by cmhogn, September 01, 2013, 10:01:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LSUFan

Quote from: hogfan446 on September 03, 2013, 11:50:08 am
I don't agree with LSU fans often, but when I do, it is because of stupid threads like this.
The Hog Call sends an Oh Sht shiver, no need to yell A.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

The Artist Yo Huckleberry

Quote from: LSUFan on September 03, 2013, 01:25:54 am
I'll suggest a tradition at LSU, where we scream Ewe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After a 4th down punt.
How about an LSU tradition where everyone gets slobber-knockin drunk and....oh, wait....never mind .

RedSoxFan

Quote from: Hogfan991 on September 01, 2013, 10:04:04 pm
I think every adult in the stadium should get drunk and yell.

I think everyone should do the wave like they used to do at WMS circa 2016.

HamIAm

Quote from: 56Hog on September 02, 2013, 09:18:17 pm
I think the cheer should be individual depending the opponent.  Specifically, the number of that day's victory all time against the opponent.

In other words, shout "ELEVEN, ELEVEN" every time Gus's team goes to third down, or "FOURTEEN, FOURTEEN" on every USC 3rd down.

Just imagine the educational experience for little Johnny with 75,000 Hog fans shouting "FORTY-TWO! FORTY-TWO!" over and over in his ear.

Douglass Adams would certainly approve.

For A&M we need one side of the stadium to yell "Auto" and the other side answers "graph"

grumpypenguin

This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Basically were going to have a stadium full of drunken idiots saying "ahhh" like they are having a doctor check out their tonsils.

LSUFan

Quote from: grumpypenguin on September 04, 2013, 09:27:42 am
This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Basically were going to have a stadium full of drunken idiots saying "ahhh" like they are having a doctor check out their tonsils.
More like, "Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" Like Fonzie.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: LSUFan on September 03, 2013, 01:17:44 am
How about, bend over, drop your pants, show your A, while screaming A, and poking a gerbil in the A, while your wife is kissing your A, on a second down play where you think a pass play will occur, and the weak safety will get knocked on his A, as your buddy is in the bathroom taking a leak and scratching his A, while there is a 99 cent special on nachos in the concession stands in uoA stadium?

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

This will be more entertaining than anything that will happen against Samford and count for more. 
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

1highhog

Quote from: cmhogn on September 01, 2013, 10:01:16 pm
I have read comments where the woo isn't loud enough. Change it to A by yelling AAAAAAAAA throughout the play. It would be much louder than the soft woo.  It also falls in line with Coach and Jen throwing the A. Regardless its funny that grown men like myself are talking about cheers but just my 2 cents. Thoughts?

But where did you come up with the AAAAAAAAAAAA from?  Or do you start off your cheer with AAAAAAAAAwoooooo Pig Sooie? 

1highhog

Quote from: BeastBack 50 on September 01, 2013, 10:05:24 pm
I agree.  Yelling AAAAA or OOOOO would provide the most noise for our defense and you can hold it longer than keeping a high pitched noise.  I never did the 3rd down Hog Call on Saturday cause it's just not as effective as yelling as loud as you can.

well maybe if everyone got up and joined in instead of sitting on their --- it could have been loud enough.  Don't gripe about it if you didn't take part in it.

Hogfaniam

As soon as the whistle blows after the second down play, start the woooo.  Escalate to the ahhhh as the QB starts his checks before the snap.  Right on the snap, shout pig sooie, just like kick offs.  You get the eerie sound of the wooo and the loudness of the ahhhh
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"