Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I am an ORIGINAL DARKSIDER, HERE IS WHAT WE DO:

Started by dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya, September 26, 2017, 09:32:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

longpig

Quote from: Wildhog on September 26, 2017, 11:30:13 pm
He was a LB coach for Hayden Fry and Co-DC for Bill Snyder before working for Alvarez.  You don't get to where he is without being a "good" coach.

We need at *least* a "great" coach.

I'd wager there have been more than a few D1 coaches that have walked away from a conversation with Bielema less than impressed.  When Enos and Rhoads said he was a hard worker they were really saying is bless his heart. 
Don't be scared, be smart.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

September 27, 2017, 07:51:10 am #51 Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 12:31:57 am by dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya
Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 26, 2017, 11:00:11 pm
LMAO....What exactly do or have you brought? Jacksquat...jacksquat.

You can run that good coach all day long. He was propped up by Barry at Whisky and there isn't anybody here to prop him up.

I tell ya what...point to me where, in 5 years this guy has shown a knack to adust to a game? Show me one. Show me where this guy, gameplans, outschemes, outworks, out adjusts and flat outcoaches another coach? You can't because it ain't happened...and isn't going to happen.

You run in here, just like you used too...wave your wand around and expect the crowd to quiet...there is not a single soul on here that has even mentioned going Nutty on Bret. Not one. There has not been an outpouring of outright hatred and disdain for Bret like there was Houston. NOT.A.BIT...and here is the best part....THERE.ISNT.GOING.TO.BE any movement toward that.

But you gotta create the illusion don't you?

Bravo Swaggart.

PRJ

I apologize PRJ.  I got worked up over this whole mess.

Thank goodness it isn't what we went through in the Nutt era was my main point.  But you didn't deserve that.  I was wrong.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

rzrbaxfan

Quote from: hawgon on September 26, 2017, 10:08:28 pm
Which team had its best player at about 75% with a hamstring?  I'll hang up and listen.

Best player down 25% and you can't win against a quality opponent....man I don't miss HDN.  Those were some dark days.  The only good thing that happened back then was when I got booted from Clay's board for posting Nutt's record against opponents that finished above .500 and I found Hogville.

Anyone that says BB is Nutt 2.0 didn't really know Nutt.

DeltaBoy

After some reflection I agree with our Leader of the Original Darksiders it time to wait and see and we need to focus on LONG.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

gchamblee

Quote from: hogblitz on September 26, 2017, 11:20:00 pm
I suspect people would be surprised on how much Alvarez was/is involved in day to day operations of that team.  I think in many ways he has stayed the head coach.

I don't think as much as people who are attacking CBB claim. If it were true then the coach who replaced CBB there would have had success and not been run out of town. Their current coach was a CBB disciple and runs pretty much the same type program both CBB and BA ran there, which is why I think he is having success there. Andersen just didn't have it and Chryst does. Also, BA would have won the bowl game when CBB left if he had been the puppet master the whole time. Obviously this is just my opinion.

lunchbox72703

Uh oh, the old timers are getting at it.  Now listen up, all you new people to Hogville.........When this happens, and the old timers start throwing message board jabs.....S Hit around here gets interesting!!!!

gchamblee

Quote from: hogblitz on September 26, 2017, 11:36:17 pm
I would agree he was probably a good coordinator.  Those do not always make good head coaches.

Except, he did make a good HC at Wiscy.

gchamblee

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 26, 2017, 11:44:50 pm

Oh My...I have angered the head of the pom pom squad...what will I ever do. You get to preform that routine you and the boys worked up last week at Jerry place?

I tell you what McKinney...I will let you convince me that the guy should stay. Point out to me where he actually shows he is the right coach for this program. Tell me where his schemes are good. Where player development excells. Tell me of the great moves he has made during the game.

Instead of running on here bumping your gums...for once, convince me he is the dude. Tell me of his virtue. I bet you cant.

PRJ

The only way I can be convinced he should stay is if he turns it around this year and rallies the team. If he can do that under the crushing weight of adversity he is currently enduring I would be impressed. However, I do not think that is going to happen.

gchamblee

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 27, 2017, 12:00:45 am
So you cant? I feared as much.

He isn't getting fired before the end of the season, if it happens at all. You have to quit getting worked up everytime someone goes negative on him. This is a message board..for.fans...of Arkansas..there are going to be differing opinions...and some, after every loss mounts, are gonna call for him to be fired. Sad reality but it is gonna happen.

I know you are a Bret fan and this while deal is sobering for you and very hard to swallow...hell, maybe even breathe...but I am pulling for you McKinney. I really am.

Seriously...I know your heart is in the right place.

PRJ

On the flip side, you have to stop getting worked up every time someone has something positive to say about him.

gchamblee

Quote from: longpig on September 27, 2017, 12:12:25 am
I'd wager there have been more than a few D1 coaches that have walked away from a conversation with Bielema less than impressed.  When Enos and Rhoads said he was a hard worker they were really saying is bless his heart.

So youre saying they both took jobs under someone they weren't impressed with? That doesn't make any sense.

hawgon

He has never been a good coach HERE AT ARKANSAS.  From the first year he has made the same mistakes.

As for him being a good guy, I don't know.  None of us really do.  All any of us know about public figures is what they allow us to see.  And I'll add that the pressure hasn't been on yet either.  Nutt didn't go batshart crazy until the heat got turned up during the "two year pass".   

Regardless, when Bert is gone, I would bet on him talking about how hard it is to win and recruit at Arkansas instead of his own failures.

Wildhog

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 08:33:30 am
Except, he did make a good HC at Wiscy.

Yep.  You don't have to discredit everything he ever did to acknowledge that he's not working out at Arkansas.  His record here speaks for itself.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

IronMountainHog

Which team had its best player at about 75% with a hamstring?  I'll hang up and listen.
Joe Thomas was the best player and I had no idea he was 75%?

Hogwild

hawgon

gchamblee

Quote from: Wildhog on September 27, 2017, 08:43:27 am
Yep.  You don't have to discredit everything he ever did to acknowledge that he's not working out at Arkansas.  His record here speaks for itself.

His record here is depressing. However, he has in my opinion done what he needed to do to try to make adjustments. He hired Randy Shannon, which everyone knew was an excellent hire but only temporary because his heart was in Florida. He also hired the Chaney/Pittman duo which would have been good had Chaney just been serviceable since the payoff was having an excellent OL coach. Unfortunately, Chaney was not serviceable and Hogville was screaming for him to be fired. So, he fired him and hired Enos which turned out to be a quality hire. Problem is, we lost Pittman over it and I don't think he made a quality hire at OL when replacing him. He fired the DC and DL coach everyone on Hogville wanted fired, and I think CPR was an excellent choice for DC. Jury is still out on the DL Coach but its too early to tell. I like what we are doing in the 3-4 but it is still a new system and we are still learning there. You can't just install a new Defense and have it perfected in game 3.

He ran out of time before he could get it all right. This is unfortunate for us and him. But those that say he isn't putting in the effort are just making crap up out of frustration.

hoghearted

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on September 26, 2017, 10:49:17 pm
PRJ let me tell it how it is..

I appreciated u interviewing Nutt on the field..thank u

but beyond that...

You've brought NOTHNING to the table NADA home-goatinging-wearing brotha NOTHING to the table:

BB is a GOOD coach.  He has not produced here so he must go.  He is NOT a vindictive soul, he will go with much future  no need for Darksider schtick so LET IT GO

His record here says otherwise.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Oklahawg

Quote from: Jimbob111 on September 26, 2017, 11:09:40 pm
But BB IS vindictive. You can't tell me he doesn't pick favorites. Froholdt is a prime example. Beliema WANTS him to play regardless of competition at his position or Froholdt's ability at the position.

BB most certainly plays favorites, which is being vindictive to players that he doesn't like as much. You can't tell me that Clary is better at that position than a player who started multiple games last season. There is reason the offensive line is a wreck. Coaches talk about chemistry. You can't have chemistry when the entire line knows that you're only playing because you're teacher's pet.

You can't tell any of us jackshit because you aren't in practice to see what is happening. None of us are in practice.

I know this as a coach: I am going to go with what works in practice. If it doesn't work in a game maybe I'm lucky and have a reasonable plan B. But if Plan B didn't appear in practice why should I give it a chance in a game? Oh, yeah, because a message board poster said so, and probably knows better than me? Hell no.

We can be pissed that player evals of certain highly-coveted recruits didn't pan out. Or, that these players failed to develop at UA. We can speculate, some, that they might develop differently, even better, if at a different school...but that is a dangerous, and slipperly, slope to tread.

We can suggest that scheme or technique or whatever is a problem but at the end of the day why can some players do it and not others? It isn't scheme or technique if some do it but not others! It is on the players!! Or, if they were recruited by us, on us as recruiters.

I see the beef about Froholdt often, that he was gifted a spot. Well, is he better? Yes. Is he improving? A lot.
Brian Wallace was gifted a spot last year and now doesn't play because others have passed him on the depth chart. It is not like Wallace was the poster child of growth and development last year on HV. He struggled as much as Froholdt, and after having spent a career as an OL. Now, Froholdt has far fewer gaffes, looks like an SEC OL most of the time, and Wallace is still playing with his radio in practice in an attempt to figure it out.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 08:37:05 am
On the flip side, you have to stop getting worked up every time someone has something positive to say about him.

Thank you.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on September 26, 2017, 09:32:27 pm
BB> HN

It is NOT the same situation.

Support these kids.  BB will NOT be vindictive like Dale.  The transition will be smooth.  There is a slight possibility a player or 2 can turn this around.  REGARDLESS, support the TEAM.

This is a no-brainer.

Carry on. May the force be with us all.

Agreed.  I was as well.  This situation is different. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Hoggish1

BB> HN

Support these kids.  BB will NOT be vindictive like Dale.  The transition will be smooth.  There is a slight possibility a player or 2 can turn this around.  REGARDLESS, support the TEAM.

This is a no-brainer.

I heartily support this message ^ and ditto about the force...!

East TN HAWG

BB> HN

This is a no-brainer.

Another HDN darksider here.  You are 100% correct.  This is not the HDN situation.  Bret is a very likable guy, and has done a lot for the university.  He just has not had a DMAC or Matt Jones fall into his lap.  I wish him no ill will.

Part of the HDN problem is that the GOB network did not listen to the fan base.  If Long and company do the same thing, it could get as nasty.   

twistitup

Quote from: Wildhog on September 26, 2017, 11:30:13 pm
He was a LB coach for Hayden Fry and Co-DC for Bill Snyder before working for Alvarez.  You don't get to where he is without being a "good" coach.

We need at *least* a "great" coach.

Sometimes it is who you know....not what you know

You can call CBB a 'good' coach, I say - let his career determine that. He won at a program that was set up for him, he lost at a program where he had to create a system of his own.

Let's see how he does at his next stop - I'm not going to crown him (even as a good coach) until he proves himself outside of Madison.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

gchamblee

Quote from: twistitup on September 27, 2017, 01:26:18 pm
Sometimes it is who you know....not what you know

You can call CBB a 'good' coach, I say - let his career determine that. He won at a program that was set up for him, he lost at a program where he had to create a system of his own.

Let's see how he does at his next stop - I'm not going to crown him (even as a good coach) until he proves himself outside of Madison.

Counts CBB's first year against him because it fits his agenda. Does Not give credit for his first HC job because it doesn't fit his agenda. Consistency is not the objective here for good ole twisty.

twistitup

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 01:32:33 pm
Counts CBB's first year against him because it fits his agenda. Does Not give credit for his first HC job because it doesn't fit his agenda. Consistency is not the objective here for good ole twisty.

Any major college football programs requires coaches turn programs around by year 5, that is very standard...hasn't happened here. Know that doesn't fit your agenda - but we are a major college football program and changes must be made if consistent improvement is not seen.

I wish him luck at his next stop.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Razor1997

gchamblee

Quote from: twistitup on September 27, 2017, 01:34:42 pm
Any major college football programs requires coaches turn programs around by year 5, that is very standard...hasn't happened here. Know that doesn't fit your agenda - but we are a major college football program and changes must be made if consistent improvement is not seen.

I wish him luck at his next stop.

What is my agenda?

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

This coming from the same guy that forgave Nutt when he was winning in 2006 and then wanted the team (kids and all) to lose in 2007 so Nutt would be fired?

PorkSoda

Quote from: farmhawg on September 26, 2017, 10:37:33 pm
Just funny they sell out the program because they like how someone speaks. So much for judging based on their results. Guess it's the everyone gets atrophy crowd that has screwed everything up. Oh well.
man I hope I dont get atrophy
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on September 26, 2017, 11:16:32 pm
SEC now>SEC then
I'm not so sure. The SEC has been down the last few years, hence the coaching turnover. It's Bama then everyone else and has been for a while.

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

Wildhog

Quote from: Dr Carl aka Shorthog on September 27, 2017, 05:12:46 pm
This coming from the same guy that forgave Nutt when he was winning in 2006 and then wanted the team (kids and all) to lose in 2007 so Nutt would be fired?

It's really best that we ignore the folks that only show up during the bad times, pining for internet message board drama and living in 2007.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

swinemaster

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 27, 2017, 11:44:19 am
Lol....
PRJ

As of late, it appears that he is kind of a propped up coach by Alvarez.  And although I don't have much faith in him right now, I have been on this board long enough to know that it is beyond a waste of time to try and argue with a message board fan that is willing to confront a Div. 1 Head Coach in person.

Not sure if your priorities are in line. Just sayin.

The OP says let this play out.  He didn't say we should keep him or that he deserves to stay.  Yet you still attack.  Dayum it must suck to be you.

KennyForAD

Silver Hog

Our best QB was on the bench due to a quick trigger.

Silver Hog

Nashville Fan

The GOB network is dismantled. The decision will be made by butts in the seats. You can thank the guy at whom some of you curse. Show some class.
Pittman or Bust!

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on September 27, 2017, 07:51:10 am
I apologize PRJ.  I got worked up over this whole mess.

Thank goodness it isn't what we went through in the Nutt era was my main point.  But you didn't deserve that.  I was wrong.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on September 28, 2017, 12:32:22 am

No worries brotha. I offer my apologies to you as well.

But dang....those times, horrific as they were, we're some fun times also...

Fun meaning the people involved in that whole deal...message boards and all. Skip hiding out at the holiday inn...lol

PRJ

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 28, 2017, 01:09:25 am
No worries brotha. I offer my apologies to you as well.

But dang....those times, horrific as they were, we're some fun times also...

Fun meaning the people involved in that whole deal...message boards and all. Skip hiding out at the holiday inn...lol

PRJ

These young'uns have no idea my brotha.

I see posts about that time that crack me up.  Truth is stranger than fiction in this case, no doubt.

Student protests, flying banners, your interview, Ugly Uncle's practice reports, this site crashing when Mitch de-commited then re-committed and any other major news....the guy who Dale tried to intimidate, meeting with him with his lawyer by his side that stood up to him.  HDN kept saying, "I don't know what we gonna do, but if we do we gonna go all the way" and that fan kept saying "turn over your sim card"...wow.  Let's just say about a week after that someone messaged me saying Dale came into their store and they gave him a phone under someone else's name in a backroom.  What a sleezeball lol

I can't talk to people about it today because the facts are so insane no one would believe it.  Actually, it would make a HILARIOUS movie.  Who would play Dale?  I'm thinking Jim Carrey could nail it.

I still have AUDIO of Teresa calling in to Drive-Time saying "I know just enough to be dayyyngerusss" and then FCJ coming on after going, "Ah don't belee-vuh a word thayut woman says" lol 

Glad those days are over, but yes, it was fun in a weird sort of way. Darkest days of Hog football, no doubt about it.  I will never forget the day Dale resigned(have audio of that, as well) and then the day Petrino was hired.  Two of the GREATEST days in Hog football.
Peace brotha

And the Star Wars photoshop by KEYS and others kept us all sane!  So hilarious!  Wish we could pull some of those up.

ZERO

Quote from: IronMountainHog on September 26, 2017, 09:39:29 pm
42-38>10-23

I think he meant BB > HN in the sense that he isn't going to make a spectacle of himself when the time comes and he gets the axe. From what we've seen so far, I agree with that sentiment.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

moses_007

Our chief darksider (Not Shavin' Till Nutt Gone) must have been converted to a sunshine pumper. 

Quote from: moses_007 on September 28, 2017, 05:44:42 am
Our chief darksider (Not Shavin' Till Nutt Gone) must have been converted to a sunshine pumper. 

Never my good buddy moses, never!!!!!!

moses_007

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on September 28, 2017, 06:08:49 am
Never my good buddy moses, never!!!!!!
LOL!  Glad you're still in the darkside.  Others will be joining you with each Arkansas loss.

ThisTeetsTaken

Bielema took over a program at Wisconsin that was already built a certain way and all he had to do was keep it going and oversee the controls of the machine.  At Arkansas he attempted to undo what we were doing before he got here and make it like what he inherited before.  Turned out to be too tough a job for him.  The head coach of the Razorbacks has to be a dynamic leader that is willing to do a lot of the heavy lifting himself.  He can't be a CEO like Bielema has tried to be here and was at Wisconsin. 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

GuvHog

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 27, 2017, 12:00:45 am
So you cant? I feared as much.

He isn't getting fired before the end of the season, if it happens at all. You have to quit getting worked up everytime someone goes negative on him. This is a message board..for.fans...of Arkansas..there are going to be differing opinions...and some, after every loss mounts, are gonna call for him to be fired. Sad reality but it is gonna happen.

I know you are a Bret fan and this while deal is sobering for you and very hard to swallow...hell, maybe even breathe...but I am pulling for you McKinney. I really am.

Seriously...I know your heart is in the right place.

PRJ

I harbor no ill feelings for CBB. It's not his fault that he was stupidly put in a bad position when he was hired and is in over his head.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on September 28, 2017, 01:28:31 am
And the Star Wars photoshop by KEYS and others kept us all sane!  So hilarious!  Wish we could pull some of those up.
Remember Chewbacha hangin from the wheels of a plane. 8)

moses_007

Quote from: GuvHog on September 28, 2017, 09:01:58 am
I harbor no ill feelings for CBB. It's not his fault that he was stupidly put in a bad position when he was hired and is in over his head.
Who wrote that personal letter to Jeff Long? Bielema did, because he wanted this job.  He wanted to coach in the SEC, and felt the Hogs would be perfect for him since he grew up on a hog farm.  Is it Bielema's fault for taking this job?  Sure it is.  The fact that he can't cut the mustard is no one's fault but his.

It's not Jeff Long's fault either.  Long felt that Bielema could get us to the top of the league here just like he had done at Wisconsin.  I guarantee you Long would never hired him had he known how Bielema would flop around in medriocrity and not know what he was doing.  It's clear we have a coach that can't put together a winning program without a mentor like Alvarez telling him what to do.