Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Out of all 14 coaches, where would you rank Bielema?

Started by Sweet Feet, September 23, 2017, 09:22:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweet Feet

Where would you rank Bielema out of all 14 SEC coaches? Is he higher than Orgeron? Mason? M. Stoops?

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Sweet Feet on September 23, 2017, 09:22:23 pm
Where would you rank Bielema out of all 14 SEC coaches? Is he higher than Orgeron? Mason? M. Stoops?
Bottom 3. And I mean over the course of his 4+ years at Arkansas vs all other coaches in SEC over same period.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HiggiePiggy

Stoops is beating up on Florida right now and about to start the season 4-0.  I would say he has done pretty good there so far.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

ChicoHog

I would take BB over Odom obviously, Orgeron, Sumlin-yeah I know he owns us but he does less with more than any coach in the league and he is in fertile recruiting ground.  And Luke, the interim at Mississippi.  And even Butch Jones.  Another good recruiter who can't do time management and almost loss to UMass today. 
Even with Malzahn, Muschamp,  Stoops and McElwain. 

RollHogTide

RazorPiggie

12 CBB
13 Sumlin (dude has wasted a ton of talent, averaged 11th nationally over the last 4 years)
14 Odom

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: RazorPiggie on September 23, 2017, 09:51:38 pm
12 CBB
13 Sumlin (dude has wasted a ton of talent, averaged 11th nationally over the last 4 years)
14 Odom
O is worse, too. Possibly Botch Jones. BB is 10th imo, which is lower than Arkansas' traditional ~ 8th in the season standing, in a historically bad period of SEC coaches. At a school that needs a top 5 in the league coach to be competitive.

Also, sumlin is 5-0 vs bert, so, how you rate him lower??
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

JOKERHOG

He can play Odem for last place later in the season
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Pig in the Pokey

I think we beat south carolina and Ole Piss, with Miss state and LSU being tossups. Mizzou shouldnt be a tossup at home, but if we are only on 4 wins in that game we'll lose. With a bowl on the line or already secured, we'll win that one in Fayetteville.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

hoglady

Stoops is a good coach - he doesn't belong in this conversation.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

pigmania

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hoglady on September 23, 2017, 10:39:12 pm
Stoops is a good coach - he doesn't belong in this conversation.
he is higher than bert for sure. bert is 10-11

HardCore

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

hoglady

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 23, 2017, 09:24:30 pm
Stoops is beating up on Florida right now and about to start the season 4-0.  I would say he has done pretty good there so far.

Unfortunately, a couple of horrible defensive lapses and a questionable holding call that took a chip shot field goal to a 57 yarder cost Kentucky the game.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 23, 2017, 10:36:48 pm
O is worse, too. Possibly Botch Jones. BB is 10th imo, which is lower than Arkansas' traditional ~ 8th in the season standing, in a historically bad period of SEC coaches. At a school that needs a top 5 in the league coach to be competitive.

Also, sumlin is 5-0 vs bert, so, how you rate him lower??

Sumlin has been recruiting (almost) top ten talent for years. They shouldn't be where they are.

Still early on Coach O but he'll probably be there by the end of the season.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: RazorPiggie on September 23, 2017, 09:51:38 pm
12 CBB
14 Odom

How do you put Sumlin behind Bret. He just took his 3rd string QB coming into the season and beat the Razorbacks. 3rd team true freshman QB.

moses_007

I'd rank him dead last in the SEC.  He has continued to prove he's the SEC's worst.

leroyhawg

Middle of the. Pack, learn from his mistakes, top 5 in SEC!
God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: leroyhawg on September 24, 2017, 06:55:25 am
Middle of the. Pack, learn from his mistakes, top 5 in SEC!

He benefits from plenty of learning opportunities.

leroyhawg

No one is going to look good in SEC, UNTIL Saban Retires! When we lost Nolan we lost a legend, we will never have another Nolan, great Coaches don't come along very often, Petrino would have to be at an elite school to accomplish what Saban has,, Arkansas doesn't fit that mold in football.
Nolan was perfect fit for us.at the time.
God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

Al Boarland

CBB is a pretty good coach and a great fit for the program. We just don't recruit well enough to give us any wiggle room for questionable coaching decisions.

hogcard1964

Stoops is pretty good.

Bielema is the worst.  Him or Odom anyway.

HardCore

Quote from: Al Boarland on September 24, 2017, 07:04:48 am
CBB is a pretty good coach and a great fit for the program. We just don't recruit well enough to give us any wiggle room for questionable coaching decisions.

Therefore, we need an exceptional coach who can make the proper in game decisions to negate that lack of wiggle room.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

Pecos Hog

hulk hog

SEC coaching right now it a train wreck.  There may be 5-7 opening in this league next year. That is one of my concerns in having to look for a new coach at the end of the year.

While I would rank him about 10th in the league the only coaches I would want over him are Saban and probably Mullen.  The jury is still out on Smart. Stoops and Mason have done well considering where they are at but would you really want them if we had an opening? Ole Miss and LSU are just filling the gap. The rest are either underachieving at programs that basically have far better recruiting than us or failing on the side of the ball where the coach is supposed to be a guru (Gus and Mcelwain).

Funny that had we finished off Missouri, Va Tech and A&M many would have ranked him in the upper 1/3 of coaches in the league.
paid for by the NHO... the NewHogOrder.....

buldozer

Last or next to last...

Augustus

Since Bret Bielema came to Arkansas in 2013, Hogs are 10-23 in SEC games. Only Vandy (9-23) & Kentucky (9-24) have been worse

TrueBlue

10 SEC wins in 5 years making $3.5 mm a year ($17.5 mm in the five years) - CBB is making $1.75 mm PER SEC WIN! Let that one sink in a minute....

Because I have 4+ years studing Bret, I would put him dead last fo the 14 coaches.  The LSU coach I thought was a good hire but I may have Jeff Longed on that one.  There is a coach in the SEC who want out work or out think BB