Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stan Heath & Razorbacks Re-Invation of MEMPHIS, TN (Commentary)

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, March 03, 2005, 09:05:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

March 03, 2005, 09:05:33 pm Last Edit: March 03, 2005, 09:09:21 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Not since the early 90's has a basketball coaching staff invaded the Bluff City with this intensity.  I know most of you can recall the days of Todd Day matching up with Penny Hardaway in the early 90's.  But with the cancelation of the series by coach Calapari (Wanting a National Schedule)  in a attempt to curve the recruiting of MSU, Ark, TN and other area school's Memphis is put itself in a bad situation with Conference USA lose-ing most of its premier schools to the New Big East Conference.   The Tigers are currently 16 - 13 and on a 3 game lose-ing streak after starting out pre-season top 25 in most national circulations who was pumping the arrival of freshmen sensation Darius Washington.  The only common opponent Arkansas & Memphis have faced is Ole Miss.  ("Tigers lost by double digits at home to the Rebels, hell they even lost to Arkansas ST. by double digits") 

The Commercial Appeal has been unmercifully going after Calipari who's media un-friendlyness is well documented after he stated his distain for the Memphis paper in 01' (When I lived in W. Memphis) and said he was cancelling his subscription during a interview.  During this time period Memphis fans were upset with John suggesting cancelling games -vs- Arkansas, Ole Miss, Tennesee because they offered no benefit and offered to instead plot a more National schedule with Missouri and a few Big East teams scattered in between.  As you can see that worked out well  :D lol

Now back to the Subject Line -  Memphis has never been more loaded with National Prospects and as you can tell by Rivals top 150.  And Arkansas HC Stan Heath has made some major in-roads despite posting back to back 12 win season's.   This time, for the first time in a long time Arkansas is boasting the better overall W/L record vs- Memphis, Ole Miss, TN and has these current studs very interested in attending Arkansas for atleast 2 yrs with the new NBA 2 yr college rule scheduled to effect the 2006 Class.

Thaddeus Young
Pierre Niles - Current heavy TN lean
Wayne Chism
Willie Kemp

All of the above listing Arkansas as a potential destination and all top 100 Basketball Players in the Nation.  A lot of people are speculating on our potential signing Class of 06' so here is my guess:

1. Washington - Potential 5 STAR
2. Chism - 4 STAR
3. Kemp - 4 STAR
4. Lawrence - 4 STAR
5. Weems - Potential 4 STAR

If in fact Armon Bassett does qualify he should not effect the scholie limit I think because Preston Cranford currently is utilizing Big Al's scholie.  What do you guys think??  :-\

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Patch

Thanks for the update. Do you know if any of these guys are PG's or good SG's who are able to shoot from outside?

...and how long has it been since we've had a guy from Memphis on the team? Corey Beck?... why haven't we focused on this area more in the last DECADE? I'd love to take away every single one of Calipari's recruits. That guy is a first class dooche.

CarolinaHog1176

WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

return2glory

Woo Pig Stewie,

What are the schools that top Thaddeus Young's list? I would love to land this kid. Even if it is only for 2 years.

Biggus Piggus

I think they might lose a player besides Jones off this roster.
[CENSORED]!

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: return2glory on March 04, 2005, 08:43:53 am

Woo Pig Stewie,

What are the schools that top Thaddeus Young's list? I would love to land this kid. Even if it is only for 2 years.

This is what Young said in his last interview: "Right now, it's really early, so I haven't narrowed down a list yet," Young said. "Pretty much everybody is recruiting me hard."  1/27/05

As you can tell he isn't giving us a clue....but keep in mind he was here for Midnight Madness his only unofficail visit thus far I think.  The only thing I can tell you is way back in November of 2004 Young stated he was wanting to sign early next fall, Young did say he would more than likely take some visits after the season and begin to narrow his lengthy list. 11/3/04

Also He said: "I want to major in Business Management, so I want to go to a school with a good Business Management program"  11/3/04
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Jim Harris

"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 04, 2005, 09:35:52 am
I think they might lose a player besides Jones off this roster.

jefferson,......maybe modica cause he isn't likin' it. sullivan for the same reason. will cranford keep his scholly?

hogfan98

i personally don't think modica or sullivan will be going anywhere, especially sullivan who has emerged as a defensive stopper and is getting more p.t.  i believe cranford was given the scholarship with the understanding that it was a one year deal.

HogInMemphis

Quote from: hogfan98 on March 04, 2005, 06:30:16 pm
i personally don't think modica or sullivan will be going anywhere, especially sullivan who has emerged as a defensive stopper and is getting more p.t.  i believe cranford was given the scholarship with the understanding that it was a one year deal.

When you say, "I", that means you and we understand that. No need to say "I personally..".  We know it's YOUR thinking when you say, "I".

The_Bionic_Pig

March 08, 2005, 04:01:21 pm #10 Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 04:03:21 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Quote from: HogInMemphis on March 08, 2005, 12:36:53 pm

When you say, "I", that means you and we understand that. No need to say "I personally..". We know it's YOUR thinking when you say, "I".

What was the freaking point of your rebuttal HiM???  This is a recruiting board and your demeaning antics are not welcome here.   For future reference unless you plan on posting something of substance or a particular question about a future/current Razorback prospect I suggest you stick to only Viewing post because I refuse to stand by and have this board corrupted with spell check police who deem it necessary to interrupt valid topics with asinine responses.

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 08, 2005, 04:01:21 pm

When you say, "I", that means you and we understand that. No need to say "I personally..". We know it's YOUR thinking when you say, "I".

What was the freaking point of your rebuttal HiM???  This is a recruiting board and your demeaning antics are not welcome here.   For future reference unless you plan on posting something of substance or a particular question about a future/current Razorback prospect I suggest you stick to only Viewing post because I refuse to stand by and have this board corrupted with spell check police who deem it necessary to interrupt valid topics with asinine responses.

yeah HIM, you tell 'em BP hehe

BTW HiM, didn't you whine about the hogs not trying to recruit Memphis? Did BP's info clue you in at all?

Kilgor

What a deeeck. 
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

Kilgor

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 08, 2005, 04:01:21 pm

What was the freaking point of your rebuttal HiM??? This is a recruiting board and your demeaning antics are not welcome here. For future reference unless you plan on posting something of substance or a particular question about a future/current Razorback prospect I suggest you stick to only Viewing post because I refuse to stand by and have this board corrupted with spell check police who deem it necessary to interrupt valid topics with asinine responses.

Thank you.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

UKhog1

so we could be seeing the glory days in memphis again.  That would be sweet

El Dog Hog

Thats quite possibly the gayest thing youve posted. And thats tough to beat out. BUT

I dont think pook or shard will be cut. You dont cut a senior that can contribute. If he didnt cut mike jones, those guys are safe too.

GRUMPY35

As I posted on a different board, with a similiar topic. This is great stuff about the class of 06'
but What about next years recruits, and for that matter What about next years team, with all the talk about cutting this player and that player off next years team,what about some discussion on filling those  scholorships from the guys we have all assumed ( i mean of course infered because we all know what assume means) with players for again i know i am repeating myself here (NEXT YEAR!!!)