Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OT - for Dallas area Hog fans . . .

Started by WizardofhOgZ, January 15, 2009, 09:23:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardofhOgZ

And before I ask this question, I'm going to ask anyone who is nice enough to respond to do so by emailing me at "daver@hogfan.com", to keep from cluttering up this board.

Yes - I live in Dallas.  But I don't go out to the West End area "hot spots" very often and I am attending an event at the House of Blues.  My question - where does one park near there?  I drove by the place a few days ago to be sure I knew where it was, but did not see any parking (other than for employees) there.

Any information appreciated.

BigSexyHog

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on January 15, 2009, 09:23:21 am
And before I ask this question, I'm going to ask anyone who is nice enough to respond to do so by emailing me at "daver@hogfan.com", to keep from cluttering up this board.

Yes - I live in Dallas.  But I don't go out to the West End area "hot spots" very often and I am attending an event at the House of Blues.  My question - where does one park near there?  I drove by the place a few days ago to be sure I knew where it was, but did not see any parking (other than for employees) there.

Any information appreciated.

I am really really jealous of you right now... Wish I was going to the ticket event tonight.    Gotta tell all the stories to us when you have a chance.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

SRFL

BigSexyHog

Ok, Wiz you can't disclose any info........

Now is the time to start telling all the cool stories... The one I want to know more about is the Jerry and George story.... Something about a hot dog?????

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: BigSexyHog on January 16, 2009, 09:05:35 am
Ok, Wiz you can't disclose any info........

Now is the time to start telling all the cool stories... The one I want to know more about is the Jerry and George story.... Something about a hot dog?????

Well, as best I remember it . . . this was during a Super Bowl in New Orleans when Green Bay was playing there.  Apparently, Jerry was still "catting around" in those days, and he was holding court down in the bar of the hotel where the Cowboys and Ticket were staying.  They said that, in those situations, Jerry just comes by and passes out $100 bills - kind of like JR Ewing - to buy everybody's drinks.  George was talking to an attractive young lady (and her husband), and Jerry reportedly came over, pulled him to the side and asked George if he was "trying to get some p*ssy". 

George replied that he wasn't, and the party went on.  Eventually, everybody else started heading to bed, but Jerry invited George to ride around in his limo drinking and partying, and they visited several places until returning to the hotel around 5 AM.  Along the way, Jerry reportedly leaned over to the limo and whispered to George (as related by Gordo, in his best fake-Jerry) "George . . . do you want to taste a little bit of Heaven?" 

George didn't know how to answer, but the limo pulled over, and Jerry came back to the car with a couple of chili-dogs.  He then FED the dog to Jub-jub.  Of course, Gordo took great license when describing exactly how that may have looked, etc.

And they punctuated the story by saying ". . . and 3 months later, he's announced as the new Voice of Texas Stadium", implying that the position was given to him to "keep him quiet" about what else went on that night.

SRFL

Great story

NWA needs a Ticket so bad it's not funny.  Duplicating it would put all sports talk radio out of business in no time flat.

BigSexyHog

January 17, 2009, 08:56:31 am #6 Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 08:59:35 am by BigSexyHog
I can't wait to buy the book at TicketStock...

SRFL you are 100%, but it is unbelieveable how alot of the people don't understand the tickets format and talk down about them.  I tried to use some of the tickets words on another board and the 2 mods over there said they got to many complaints about me for useing "said" saying.   In saying that the majority of people in Arkansas can't handle the tickets format cause they are from small town Arkansas and don't hear or see alot.  Especially the older crowd and bible thumpers (like another board claims to be)

The media in Dallas keeps trying to bash the ticket, but they keep getting stronger in the ratings.

dfwsuidae

Quote from: BigSexyHog on January 17, 2009, 08:56:31 am

SRFL you are 100%, but it is unbelieveable how alot of the people don't understand the tickets format and talk down about them.  I tried to use some of the tickets words on another board and the 2 mods over there said they got to many complaints about me for useing "said" saying.   In saying that the majority of people in Arkansas can't handle the tickets format cause they are from small town Arkansas and don't hear or see alot.  Especially the older crowd and bible thumpers (like another board claims to be)

The media in Dallas keeps trying to bash the ticket, but they keep getting stronger in the ratings.

Actually, with the recent change in the way radio ratings are calculated, The Ticket's ratings have dropped substantially.  However, so have everyone else's.  They're still 1st in their demo, they just don't have nearly as big a share as they used to, supposedly due to this new, "more accurate" way the ratings are compiled.

There are rumors of change in the air...some people were speculating even a format change.  That's not happening.  So, now the speculation is that BaD Radio may be leaving for the new 105.3 The Fan.  Who knows?  I just say:  Long Live the Ticket!

The Ticket is the best radio station I've ever heard. Its one of only 2 things I miss about Dallas. With that said, even if you brought that exact format to Arkansas, it wouldn't work without the same on-air talent. Those guys are amazingly talented.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: BigSexyHog on January 17, 2009, 08:56:31 am

Yeah, they sold bunches of them there.  I started reading it last night and it's a page-turner for fans of the ticket.  A lot of details about how the Ticket got launched in the first place that I found fascinating (for example, do you know who came up with the name "Ticket"??  It was the she-Wolf!).

The author was there and he took some questions from the audience as well.

SRFL

Wayne is a former P1.  He could be Doyle King.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

I have never consistently listened to the ticket.  I don't dislike it, but I simply don't understand the obsession with it.  I generally listen to 103.3 ESPN.  If however I am in the car and that idiot Dale Hanson is on I will turn over to the ticket.  And I simply can't stand the NBA so no way I am ever listening to it on the freaking radio.
Let's make some waves.

DeltaBoy

Loved the Ticket till my work blocked it.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Let's make some waves.