Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

St. Barts

Started by go hogues, February 18, 2014, 10:33:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

go hogues

Anyone been there? Anyone able to do it on a budget?  :o

Suggestions if so? 
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Lanny

Fly into St. Martin and you can Ferry to St. Barts or Anguilla, we had a great time
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: go hogues on February 18, 2014, 10:33:31 pm

Suggestions if so?
Stopped there for a day on a cruise in in March of 2012. It was by far the best port of call we stopped in. Very ritzy. Had all the top shops, Hermes, Ferregamo, et al,  and the area where we got off the ship was very nice. It was one of only two ports we got off the boat and we stopped at 5 or 6 places on a 10 night cruise. We got a cab right by where we got off the tender and a nice woman drove us over the other side of island to a beautiful beach...Saline Beach. http://gocaribbean.about.com/od/7/tp/stbarthbeaches.htm. (No one was nude however!)
There were only 20 or so people on it and it was huge. We spent a few hours there then had lunch nearby then called the cab lady and she came back and got us and took us back to downtown. Since it was a day stop, I know nothing about hotels there, but we did drive past the Eden Roc hotel and it looked freakin awesome. It was about 5 min outside of downtown area.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Hogoverseas

Quote from: go hogues on February 18, 2014, 10:33:31 pm

Suggestions if so? 

We stayed 7 nights at the Hotel Le Toiny. Honestly, I am not sure if there is a cheap way to "do St. Barths." You can go during the "low season" which will help on the rates, but it still an expensive trip. I would check on VRBO and see if there are villas to rent which might be cheaper. With that said, the island was simply beautiful. The crime rate is one of the lowest, if not the lowest, in the Caribbean and the people are very friendly (outside of the snobby rich tourists). If you do go, learn a little French because it will go a long ways.

go hogues

Thanks for the insight, guys!
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />