Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fayetteville to Destin --Need a stopping point

Started by SnelSooie, August 26, 2013, 12:05:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SnelSooie

So I am heading out to Destin on Wednesday night and I need a place to stop and rest for a few hours. Here's the kicker, I have a fantasy draft at 9pm Wednesday night (which is important) then I will be getting on the road around 10 and want to drive about 4 hours and then find a nice place to sleep for a little bit before picking back up in the morning.

This will decide which way I take. I have two options: Drive to Memphis and stay the night and head south on 55 from there. Or go a few hours south of LR to Pine Bluff area and that route.

What's my best option and are there any decent places to stay south of LR?

Boarcephus

August 26, 2013, 12:47:48 pm #1 Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 01:13:07 pm by Boarcephus
If I was going to Destin l wouldn't go through Memphis to get there. 

If you're not leaving Fayetteville till around 10, that throws you in LR around 1 am.  There's no place south to get a decent room until you hit Jackson or east till you hit Memphis if that's the route you take.   You're about 9 hours out of Destin from LR going south.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Boarcephus on August 26, 2013, 12:47:48 pm
If I was going to Destin l wouldn't go through Memphis to get there. 

If you're not leaving Fayetteville till around 10, that throws you in LR around 1 am.  There's no place south to get a decent room until you hit Jackson or east till you hit Memphis if that's the route you take.   You're about 9 hours out of Destin from LR going south.

Vicksburg?
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Boarcephus

Quote from: PharmacistHog on August 26, 2013, 01:17:00 pm
Vicksburg?

I stand corrrected.  The times we've left after work we've been staying just this side of Jackson.  There is a nice Holiday Inn Express that we can get a gov't rate that makes it very nice.  Very clean, easy access to the interstate and better yet, well lit. ;)
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Boarcephus on August 26, 2013, 01:41:31 pm
I stand corrrected.  The times we've left after work we've been staying just this side of Jackson.  There is a nice Holiday Inn Express that we can get a gov't rate that makes it very nice.  Very clean, easy access to the interstate and better yet, well lit. ;)

I've never actually stayed in Vicksburg, but it just seems like it might be a little better than Jackson, even.  You can take the wrong turn in Jackson and it will be like National Lampoons Vacation with the Rib Tips, and Honky Lips and the whole nine yards. 
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Tripod1

Why not catch a few hours sleep at home and then hit the road 2-3 in the morning?  Of course I'm just cheap enough to not want to pay motel cost for just a few hours sleep.

SnelSooie

Pregnant wife. Need to break it up, even it is just a few hours down the road. We'll probably end up finding somewhere in south LR. Thank you!

Boarcephus

Quote from: PharmacistHog on August 26, 2013, 01:50:38 pm
I've never actually stayed in Vicksburg, but it just seems like it might be a little better than Jackson, even.  You can take the wrong turn in Jackson and it will be like National Lampoons Vacation with the Rib Tips, and Honky Lips and the whole nine yards. 

We've stayed in Vicksburg a time or two but it's easier for us to drive the extra 20 minutes and stay in Clinton, which is just this side of Jackson.  As I said, the place we stay is just off I-20, easy access and well lit.  Vicksburg is just not as easy.

If we're able to get away by noon we make it to Hattiesburg around 8 or so but if we can't get away till after work, we'll hit Clinton by around 10.  Either way, we're sitting ar Harbor Docks for lunch at 11:00 the next day.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Boarcephus on August 26, 2013, 03:07:27 pm
We've stayed in Vicksburg a time or two but it's easier for us to drive the extra 20 minutes and stay in Clinton, which is just this side of Jackson.  As I said, the place we stay is just off I-20, easy access and well lit.  Vicksburg is just not as easy.

If we're able to get away by noon we make it to Hattiesburg around 8 or so but if we can't get away till after work, we'll hit Clinton by around 10.  Either way, we're sitting ar Harbor Docks for lunch at 11:00 the next day.

We went two weeks ago (leaving from LR).  I left at 830am and let the wife and boys sleep all night and I drove all the way through.  Drove into Fort Walton at 6:00.