Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Puerto Rico

Started by hogsrolling, July 31, 2013, 08:58:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsrolling

Heading there in 2 weeks!  What is a can't miss?

LL COOL HOG

Arkiehawg (kingfish0318)

Quote from: hogsrolling on July 31, 2013, 08:58:45 pm

Get a rental and drive up into the hills to Guavate on Sunday for their pig roast.  The trip is beautiful but very curvy....makes the pig trail look straight...    Multiple shack like open air restaurants roasting whole hogs.  Food is amazing.  They also have chicken, turkey, beef, but the pig is king.  Great cold beer, live music and a lot of locals having a great time.  True P.R. tradition.  Don't miss it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/04/dining/04lech.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
"I hope we get nuked somewhere big, and soon.  LA would be a good place, as is S.F."-  Silver (Swiss) Hog 4/6/10

hawgone

Do the Bio Bay tour with Island adventures to the island of Vieques. It's an amazing experience.

jabberjawls

"Yes" to the above bio bay tour o Vieques.   Also, to hiking in the tropical rainforest.

proffitthog

Old San Juan, is nice. Visit fort El Morro. It's very historic, Ponce de Leon and such.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: hogsrolling on July 31, 2013, 08:58:45 pm

What did you do there?  What is "can't miss?"  I'll be catching a cruise out of San Juan in a couple of weeks.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

hogsrolling

Can't miss if you play golf would be coronado beach.  Wonderful golf course with a few ocean holes.  Old San Juan was cool and the people are nice and very proud of being from there.  Very helpful if you want local food.  Im sure we didn't do all we should have.  We ended up getting into beach and pool mode once we got there.  The weather was great.  80's all week and a few afternoon rain showers.  All in all we will go back