Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Carribean Beach

Started by BENTON PIGGEE, February 16, 2013, 10:16:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BENTON PIGGEE

Could you all please tell me your recommendations for the best beaches in the Carribean not including Mexico? We will go in early December and stay at an all-inclusive. Overall cost is also important and specific resorts and websites for package deals will be helpful!

Lanny

Magens Bay St. Thomas

Antigua

Orient Beach, St. Martin

There are so many nice beaches in the Caribbean, we took a Eastern Caribbean cruise and visited beaches on all the islands.

have fun
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

BENTON PIGGEE

Hog_Fink

i've seen pics of Colombia's caribbean coast & it looks unreal.

BR

Ambergris Caye, San Pedro Belize
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Kenny Sowers

Grand Cayman-Seven Mile Beach
CMA "We're going to pick them up when they get off the damn bus", in reference to guarding the other team.

RazrRila99

I havent been to any more than this one -- Turks and Caicos - Provo.  Sand is like powder, amazing.  I hear several people say its the best beach in the caribbean.  They have a few all-inclusives, but they are pricey (Unless you stay Club Med). 

Uncle_dad

Best beach I ever went to was on the French side of St. Martin.  We found a place called Friar's Bay which was a nice beach.  We waded/swam to the north around a point and found Happy Bay which has extremely limited access.  Just us (4 college kids) and a couple of topless French chicks.  Beautiful beach even without the French chicks.

Hogoverseas

Turks and Caicos... If you go you will never want to go anywhere else.

Hammibal Lecter

Tortola. Peters Island, if $$ isn't tight.
Quote from: Breems on January 14, 2014, 10:53:08 pm
I PEED. I PEED. MY PANTS HAVE PEE PEE.

BR

Jost Van Dyke is also a very nice place.. Went to Antigua a couple of years a go to see Jimmy Buffett..
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

WSPHOG

Magen's Bay was amazing but if you are not on a cruise can be $$.  If you can handle Jamaica, Negril beach is great for the price

Hammibal Lecter

Sandals whitehouse on the southern coast of Jamaica is great too. Private beach and VERY secluded unlike some of the north shore beaches (negril, montego, Ochoa rios)
Quote from: Breems on January 14, 2014, 10:53:08 pm
I PEED. I PEED. MY PANTS HAVE PEE PEE.

sowmonella

Trunk Bay, Saint Johns, US Virgin Islands
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

TechHog

Quote from: sowmonella on February 26, 2013, 07:27:15 pm
Trunk Bay, Saint Johns, US Virgin Islands

End of topic.  This times 1000.

pigture perfect

There are so many. Have a great time.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

BENTON PIGGEE

Thanks for all the advice!

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

BENTON PIGGEE

Anybody out there have an opinion on the Dominican Republic? I'll hang up and listen.

sowmonella

It's the same island as Haiti. That would keep me away.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.

BENTON PIGGEE

Quote from: sowmonella on March 01, 2013, 03:25:12 pm
It's the same island as Haiti. That would keep me away.

The resorts and beaches sure look nice for a great price. You sure?

HawgPilot

Quote from: Hogoverseas on February 20, 2013, 05:51:23 pm

Agreed, Grace Bay is amazing!

cosmodrum

I got a lap dance from a Dominican stripper once.

You're welcome.
Go away, batin'

hawgone

Trunk bay, St. John is beautiful. Crane beach ,Bottom Bay and Bathsheba in Barbados. The Baths virgin Gorda BVI.
They all look like screensavers.

TomasPistola

Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

proffitthog

Quote from: Hogoverseas on February 20, 2013, 05:51:23 pm
I concur.

lrar4hogs

French side of St. Martin.  Best food in the Caribbean, hands down.  Restaurants are great quality while allowing for vacation comfort dress attire.  The Dutch side especially Philipsburg sucks, because this is the port for the cruise ship tourists (lots of t-shirt and souvenir shops and a terrible Hard Rock Café).  The French side is more laid back.  Also there are no checkpoints to drive between the Dutch side and French side.  In Grandcase (where we stayed) there are great Lolos that offer local and bbq and island food (especially good after being in the sun on the beach all day).  Bring some Euro's just in case, but most places accept U.S. dollars and major credit cards. 
For diving and snorkeling the U.S. Virgin Islands are the best in my opinion in the Caribbean with St. Croix at the top.  The ocean floor literally drops off at only 50 to 75 feet out from the beaches in certain places.  Also St. Croix has a bar in the jungle that has two huge hogs that you can feed a whole can of nonalcoholic beer to.  The hogs crush the can and drink the beverage ( had to switch to nonalcoholic because the previous hogs died of liver failure).  Since the Virgin Islands are U.S. territory there is no need for a Passport.  There is a limited number of restaurants on St. Croix but the best is Savant and Duggans.  Be prepared if you drive (you should on this island because taxi service is extremely high) because they drive on the left with steering on the left. 
And if you or most likely your spouse want to vacation and have to shop then St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Island is the place. 
Most of the beaches in Caribbean are good places, it's the food quality, service, comfort, and activities that set other islands apart.  Certain islands I would not branch out too far from the resort due to safety issues like Jamaica and the DR.  Next on the list for my wife and I will be St. Lucia and/or Costa Rica if we can talk ourselves out of returning to St. Martin.

ur

Just returned from the Virgin Islands. Stayed on St Thomas but made excursions to St John and the BVI.
      St Thomas has some nice beaches but I didn't feel safe there. We ventured out at night but it was to a specific restaurant and then back to our hotel. It's not safe to walk around at night.
     St John was awesome. We had a car so we explored the entire island. Driving on the opposite side was a trip on a tight, curvy road. Cruz Bay was safe enough to walk around and not feel like you would get mugged.
     We took an excursion and hit the BVIs. (The Baths, Marina Cay, Diamond Reef, and Jost Van Dyke). That trip was a blast.
     We are going back in May and will stay on St John with excursions to the BVIs. All the beaches on St John are the bomb! Plus Woodys (Kenny Chesney's fav bar) has $1 happy hour long necks from 3-6.

sowmonella

Check out Honeymoon Beach on St Johns. (.)(.) 8)