Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best beach to fly to?

Started by woodrow hog call, December 28, 2012, 10:25:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

woodrow hog call

Where would you reccomend for three day get away for the family to fly to and stay on the beach?
Don't want to spend a bunch of time driving, and don't want to be flying all day.

I guess Charleston SC, or just somewhere in the gulf is what the options are, any ideas?
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

old hog

If considering the Gulf, might want to keep an eye on the weather. Been having some bad weather along the panhandle.  South Florida or at least the east coast might be a better option. IMHO

GolfNut57

Quote from: woodrow hog call on December 28, 2012, 10:25:47 am
Where would you reccomend for three day get away for the family to fly to and stay on the beach?
Don't want to spend a bunch of time driving, and don't want to be flying all day.

I guess Charleston SC, or just somewhere in the gulf is what the options are, any ideas?

Daytona Beach area is always nice. More hotels right on the beach than you can shake a whole bag of golf clubs at there. I would recommend staying in Ormond Beach which is right next door to Daytona Beach. Your best hotel deals are there. I have stayed in the Best Western Castillo Del Sol several times and never been disappointed. The temps there are currently 75 degrees as I type this.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

FaytownHog

Quote from: GolfNut57 on December 29, 2012, 01:21:27 pm
Daytona Beach area is always nice. More hotels right on the beach than you can shake a whole bag of golf clubs at there. I would recommend staying in Ormond Beach which is right next door to Daytona Beach. Your best hotel deals are there. I have stayed in the Best Western Castillo Del Sol several times and never been disappointed. The temps there are currently 75 degrees as I type this.
This. Plus if you're in NWA you can fly direct from XNA to Orlando for pretty cheap on Allegiant Air.

woodrow hog call

Thanks for the tips, we won't go until mid summer, I'm just trying to get some ideas.

Uncle_dad

I really like Clearwater.  The Sunsets at the Pier are a good time.  Plenty of good places to eat.  The beach and water are very clean, and they have lifeguards on duty all day.  Caladesi just to the north is more secluded and natural if that's your thing, plus Tampa/St. Pete have a ton of things to offer.

Hogoverseas

January 24, 2013, 09:46:33 am #6 Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 01:14:37 pm by Hogoverseas
We have made this trip twice and it has worked out well. We fly from Little Rock to Pensacola. If you have the right flights you can leave at 6 am and arrive by 11:30 am. Rent a car and drive to Destin or we stay in Orange Beach at Turquoise place. Not the cheapest trip ever, but makes for a nice quick getaway.     

I would stay away from the suggestions of Galveston. Their beaches are TERRIBLE compared to the Florida panhandle (plus it is an 8 hour drive from Little Rock, if I was going that route I would just drive the extra couple of hours to a better beach in Florida). 

DeltaBoy

Galveston or Gulf Shores Alabama .
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Reservoir Hogs

We are planning on trip here with the kids this summer, have heard nothing but great reviews...

http://www.sanibelisland.com/

you can fly alegient direct to Orlando then its about 3rhs to Sanibel.

wholehog

Quote from: razrhog05 on April 05, 2013, 10:51:50 am
We are planning on trip here with the kids this summer, have heard nothing but great reviews...

Sanbibel is great.  Make sure and take the kids to the Bubble Room.

PorcineSublime

Quote from: Uncle_dad on January 01, 2013, 08:55:57 pm
I really like Clearwater.  The Sunsets at the Pier are a good time.  Plenty of good places to eat.  The beach and water are very clean, and they have lifeguards on duty all day.  Caladesi just to the north is more secluded and natural if that's your thing, plus Tampa/St. Pete have a ton of things to offer.
I was impressed with Clearwater. Only downer I saw there was that traffic was gawdaful. OF course it was not really worse than Panama City. Interestingly enough traffic on the Tampa side was not bad at all for a big city.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

woodrow hog call

We decided on Vero Beach, going to do a full week and drive instead of fly.

DLUXHOG

If you decide to go to the Pacific....can't beat Corona beach, in Newport Beach, CA (Orange County).   Secluded, beautiful, and the riff-raff doesn't hang out there......
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

FaytownHog

What's the best beach to fly on an airline too? Preferably relatively close to the United States/Caribbean.

cpohog

Quote from: razrhog05 on April 05, 2013, 10:51:50 am

I have been to Sanibel/Captiva about 6 times....love it there!!! Would like to live there one day!!!

Blue35

Port O'Conner TX. Go over to the Powder Horn Ranch and eat steak.