Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whew - Something Else! BBall Recruiting & Ty Storey

Started by RazorAg, November 26, 2012, 05:14:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorAg

Last week of this crap, last week of this crap, last week of this crap....

Wish there was a bball game earlier in the week to help get my mind off of the coaching search.  Anyways, here's my attempt.

I'll be attending the Battle of the Border Saturday at Little Rock Hall, which pits 5 Memphis bball teams against 5 Little Rock area teams.  A ton of talent, many of which are being recruited by Arkansas.  Here's a list:

2013:

Bobby Portis - Little Rock Hall: 6'9 Post; Arkansas Signee; #15 Overall Composite Ranking
Nick King - Memphis East: 6'7 Wing; Memphis Signee; #32 Overall Composite Ranking
I.J. Ready - Little Rock Parkview: 5'10 PG; Mississippi State Signee; #195 Overall Composite Ranking
Sam Craft - Olive Branch: 6'0 PG; Memphis Signee (Football and BBall)
Dayshawn Watkins - North Little Rock: 5'11 PG; UAB Signee
Thomas Alexander - North Little Rock: 6'4 Wing; Undecided

2014:

LeRon Black - White Station: 6'7 Combo F; Baylor Commit; #15 Overall Composite Ranking
Anton Beard - Little Rock Parkview: 5'11 Combo G; Mizzou Commit; #73 Overall Composite Ranking; Arkansas Offer
Chris Chiozza - White Station: 5'11 PG; #113 Overall Composite Ranking; Arkansas Target
Davell Roby - White Station: 6'5 Combo G; #141 Overall Composite Ranking; Arkansas Offer

2015:

K.J. Lawson - Memphis Hamilton: 6'7 Wing; Arkansas Offer; Attended Arkansas BBall Camp
KeVaughn Allen - North Little Rock: 6'3 Combo G; Arkansas Offer
Nych Smith - White Station: 5'10 PG; Arkansas Offer

2016:

Dedric Lawson - Memphis Hamilton: 6'8 Combo F; Arkansas Target; Attended Arkansas BBall Camp
Maxwell Omili - Little Rock McClellan: 6'8 Post; Arkansas Target; Attended Arkansas BBall Camp
Nnamdi Collins - Little Rock McClellan: 6'8 Post; Arkansas Target; Attended Arkansas BBall Camp

Here's the schedule:
2:30pm McClellan vs Memphis Lausanne
4:00pm Jacksonville vs Olive Branch
5:30pm Parkview vs. Hamilton
7:00pm NLR vs East
8:30pm Hall vs White Station

Also, anyone seen the stats of Ty Storey, the 2015 QB from Charleson?  Amazing.  328-503 4,397 yds 48 TDs in 12 games.  That's averages of 366 yds and 4 TDs a game.  I realize that's being done in 4A, but for a Soph, that's salty.

Razorod

Looking forward to your assessment of Davell Roby and Chris Chiozza. Especially curious to hear about their outside shooting ability.

Both seem like good fits in Andersons' system, but we do need some shooters in the 2014 class.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

hillbilly

Quote from: RazorAg on November 26, 2012, 05:14:43 pm
I realize that's being done in 4A, but for a Soph, that's salty.
It's in 3A. And one thing that might make it more impressive is that he had 0 TD's against Ozark and barely over 100 yards. Those are definitely some big numbers.

mhuff

Quote from: Razorod on November 27, 2012, 06:57:36 am
Looking forward to your assessment of Davell Roby and Chris Chiozza. Especially curious to hear about their outside shooting ability.

Both seem like good fits in Andersons' system, but we do need some shooters in the 2014 class.

jkelly107

I have watched TY in person a few times and he has a cannon of a arm. He is legit

pondwater jack

Quote from: hillbilly on November 27, 2012, 07:37:41 am
It's in 3A. And one thing that might make it more impressive is that he had 0 TD's against Ozark and barely over 100 yards. Those are definitely some big numbers.
if what i have checked is write then that game was his second game? that right?

the paper clip said a team of sophomores playing a team of seniors (from a devision higher?) in his second game? with sophmores and juniors playing a senior laden team?

I'll give him a pass.

Do they play the same team next year?  be interesting to see if they have the same results....they should if the ages of the palyers dont matter.  right?  so i'll write you down for 2 years of 100 yds and no tds. 
Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 13, 2015, 07:56:19 am
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...
Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 14, 2015, 10:04:29 pm
And they slowly slink back to their holes.  Well done Madden and Watkins.

songofthesword

hillbilly

Quote from: pondwater jack on November 28, 2012, 08:42:51 am

the paper clip said a team of sophomores playing a team of seniors (from a devision higher?) in his second game? with sophmores and juniors playing a senior laden team?

I'll give him a pass.

Do they play the same team next year?  be interesting to see if they have the same results....they should if the ages of the palyers dont matter.  right?  so i'll write you down for 2 years of 100 yds and no tds. 
Lol. I was just saying what happened in that game to state that the numbers he put up were basically in 12 games, not 13. Makes what he did even more impressive. It was actually his third game, but playing against a team from a higher classification that was made up of entirely seniors who have had a bunch of experience, I agree is tough. I wasn't saying that to knock him, I was bringing it up to prove a point that what he did in the other 11 games is freakishly good.

BallHog1

Quote from: pondwater jack on November 28, 2012, 08:42:51 am

I'll give him a pass.

Jack, You get kind of touchy about Charleston players don't you?

Tripod1

Saw Ty Storey and his dad last night at the Van Buren basketball tournament.  Ty is on crutches after going through pretty major knee surgery.  MCL and ACL repair, took patella tendon and used it for something else for stabalizing or something along that nature.  Shane said surgery went well and they expect a full recovery.  Don't know time frame as far as rehab and back to full strength.  I assume he will be ready for next football season.  Actually first time I've seen him since he was very little.  A very good looking young man as far as height, weight, build especially for a 10th grader.  No doubt it hurt Charleston's basketball team for him to not be available but they will still be pretty good at their classification.  Got beat pretty bad by a pretty good Bentonville team.

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*