Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyree Wilson announcing today

Started by ricepig, January 31, 2018, 12:10:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgdavis

HogCzar1

Heard he stayed with A&M, that they closed him.

Tusks

can't lose what you never had.

on to the next one.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

aloha_kid

Would have loved to see him flip, but hopefully we can get this guy. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Dorian-Gerald-86700

Long shot, but you never know.

Paul

greenie

Hopeful Hog

Quote from: tusked on January 31, 2018, 03:59:42 pm
can't lose what you never had.

on to the next one.

Running out of "next ones".

WOOPIGDOOIE

Emmitt Gooden met with Chavis today. I guess there is still a chance there

ricepig

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on January 31, 2018, 04:39:40 pm
Emmitt Gooden met with Chavis today. I guess there is still a chance there

I believe "talked" was the words used, lol.

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: ricepig on January 31, 2018, 04:44:34 pm
I believe "talked" was the words used, lol.
My bad, that's what I meant

ricepig

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on January 31, 2018, 04:50:02 pm
My bad, that's what I meant

Well, I don't know if it was a phone call, or an in-home, just that "talk" was the tweet.

Rock1

Recruiting is a business of results as most know, so the 'we got close" card never matters. In this case I would disagree to a point. To make this race this close, this close to signing day  it very encouraging.  A kid that has been committed to A&M for 7 months, lives only 2 hours from A&M is a hard kid to flip.   I don't have any doubts about the new staff at Ark as I have know those guys well for the past 3-4 years and Morris for 15+ years.

These close misses will be wins the majority of the time in the very, very near future.

HogFoo

Quote from: Rock1 on January 31, 2018, 06:28:03 pm
Recruiting is a business of results as most know, so the 'we got close" card never matters. In this case I would disagree to a point. To make this race this close, this close to signing day  it very encouraging.  A kid that has been committed to A&M for 7 months, lives only 2 hours from A&M is a hard kid to flip.   I don't have any doubts about the new staff at Ark as I have know those guys well for the past 3-4 years and Morris for 15+ years.

These close misses will be wins the majority of the time in the very, very near future.
I agree.  It was too late in the game to get some of these guys, but if there ever was a moral victory it is very encouraging that with such short time that Morris was able to get these guys to take a long long look at Arkansas so late in the game.  It will be goodtimes when Morris has a whole year to recruit, and more scholarships to give out.  And once the winning starts , and I believe it'll start next season were gonna be upward bound and putting the SEC on notice that hogs are back.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

redeye

It's really early to even be discussing this stuff, but I feel really good about our recruiting right now, considering what Morris had to work with.  Essentially, I like what I'm seeing.

Hopeful Hog

Quote from: redeye on January 31, 2018, 08:47:16 pm
It's really early to even be discussing this stuff, but I feel really good about our recruiting right now, considering what Morris had to work with.  Essentially, I like what I'm seeing.

I agree with this.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 31, 2018, 01:45:33 pm
There have been several references in this forum on if we "flip" Wilson. Wait, the 70s comedian? What does Geraldine say?
😂😅😅😅 classic
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on January 31, 2018, 09:23:45 pm
I agree with this.
Me too... How can anyone not be impressed?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

justmakeit2thebcs

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 01, 2018, 01:03:16 pm
Me too... How can anyone not be impressed?
We'll see.   Bielema scored Alex Collins, Hunter Henry, Denver Kirkland, AJ Derby, Dan Skipper, Martell Spaight, Brooks Ellis, Drew Morgan and Austin Allen his first class and look where that got him.  Some of those were coming no matter what, but most had to be recruited in a short amount of time with little prior history with previous staff.  NO doubt the early signing periond has hampered Morris, but let's not act like we are lighting up the recruiting trail with stars. Let's hope this staff (other than Chavis and Caldwell) can evaluate and find hidden gems.  I do like the policy of tweeting alot and I mean alot compared to other coaches.  If you aren't landing four or five stars, let the fanbase know you working hard at it.  That lends itself to hope, and sometimes thats all we need to remain positive.

King Kong

Well, it does appear we will be landing a lot of guys that have been a 4 stars at one point or another. Brule, Foucha, Mason, Johnson and Boyd. Kids that have bounced around going between the 3-4 stars with excellent offer lists

kp72204

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on February 01, 2018, 03:06:35 pm
We'll see.   Bielema scored Alex Collins, Hunter Henry, Denver Kirkland, AJ Derby, Dan Skipper, Martell Spaight, Brooks Ellis, Drew Morgan and Austin Allen his first class and look where that got him.  Some of those were coming no matter what, but most had to be recruited in a short amount of time with little prior history with previous staff.  NO doubt the early signing periond has hampered Morris, but let's not act like we are lighting up the recruiting trail with stars. Let's hope this staff (other than Chavis and Caldwell) can evaluate and find hidden gems.  I do like the policy of tweeting alot and I mean alot compared to other coaches.  If you aren't landing four or five stars, let the fanbase know you working hard at it.  That lends itself to hope, and sometimes thats all we need to remain positive.
Of the kids you named ( i enjoyed them all by the way), which ones had the best offers to other schools? With that said the trajectory of our history would have been different if Kirkland and Philon would have stuck around for one more year.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on January 31, 2018, 04:29:13 pm
Running out of "next ones".
Do you have a sound track of sad songs that plays in your head while you go throughout your day..?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Oklahawg

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on February 01, 2018, 03:06:35 pm

Hard to compare CBB's first class to CCM's first class for one reason: the early signing period.

How many recruits would we be chasing if that didn't exist? What would CBB have done about some of his recruits that first year if there was an early signing period?

We will always have an asterisk to comparing recruiting.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

dayofthehawg1

And what did Bielema do after that first class?  He had very little success or he would still have a job instead of a buyout check of almost 12 million for sucking it up for 5 years.  Let it go.

hawginbigd1

It is a bit early but there is not much 2018 activity the last 2 weeks, and if you compare to all the schools that are in the exact same situation as us we are sucking hind tit. I don't foresee a big haul on signing day that is going to change that. My personal opinion is they are doing OK, but not setting the world on fire as several on here seem to be saying. So based on this current experience I am not feeling all these warm fuzzies for 2019 that others seem to be feeling either.

Hogindasticks

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on February 02, 2018, 09:40:42 pm
It is a bit early but there is not much 2018 activity the last 2 weeks, and if you compare to all the schools that are in the exact same situation as us we are sucking hind tit. I don't foresee a big haul on signing day that is going to change that. My personal opinion is they are doing OK, but not setting the world on fire as several on here seem to be saying. So based on this current experience I am not feeling all these warm fuzzies for 2019 that others seem to be feeling either.

190 offers in 6 weeks for the 2018 group and 121 offers for 2019 group and 26 offers for 2020 and 2 2021 offers......337 offers in about 6 or 7 weeks.....you gotta be kidding me....and these guys aren't on fire?  Really?

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Hogindasticks on February 02, 2018, 10:08:36 pm
190 offers in 6 weeks for the 2018 group and 121 offers for 2019 group and 26 offers for 2020........337 offers in about 6 or 7 weeks.....you gotta be kidding me....and these guys aren't on fire?  Really?
Oh I didn't realize the number of offers thrown out had a direct correlation to commitments and LOIs /S

Again you are outside your mind if you consider this to be on fire!

Hogindasticks

If the work is there, it will happen.....the 2018 class is about done.........so...it will be quiet now.....
Coach working on 2019 and 20 now.....we have a great group of guys coming in that will mesh well with what we had.  I look forward to watching this.

Hogindasticks

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on February 02, 2018, 10:13:46 pm
Oh I didn't realize the number of offers thrown out had a direct correlation to commitments and LOIs /S

Again you are outside your mind if you consider this to be on fire!

I you look at the percentages we threw out earlier in the recruiting period......Arkansas finished with a lot higher landing percentage for that 190 than a ton of other schools......They are doing great!