Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Move all the games to fayeteville this year..

Started by hawgsalot, September 01, 2017, 07:58:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgsalot

Absolutely pathetic showing by Central arkansas.  No more excuses, we've heard them all.

al_pigcino

Just let me make sure I'm understanding this right.  It's the ARKANSAS Razorbacks, not the North West Arkansas Razorbacks correct?  Is the rest of the state the only ones who can go to the game?  I didn't know there was a boundary separating the rest of the state from Little Rock. 

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: hawgsalot on September 01, 2017, 07:58:07 am
Absolutely pathetic showing by Central arkansas.  No more excuses, we've heard them all.

Don't think 'Bama, LSU, SC and TAMU will agree to that. :)

geauxhawgs

How many people were at the Missouri game two years ago and the Ole Miss game last year? Speaking of pathetic! This isn't about Central Arkansas or Northwest Arkansas, our program is in shambles. Never has there been a time of less interest in program HISTORY.

Piggfoot

Do you think the fans who attend the games in Fayetteville are only from NWA?
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

pigz

Quote from: al_pigcino on September 01, 2017, 08:00:30 am
Just let me make sure I'm understanding this right.  It's the ARKANSAS Razorbacks, not the North West Arkansas Razorbacks correct?  Is the rest of the state the only ones who can go to the game?  I didn't know there was a boundary separating the rest of the state from Little Rock. 

It's the University of Arkansas Razorbacks. Which is in Fayetteville.
You guys have a good time frig dancing

lstewart

Cudos to the 36,000 who bought tickets to the game last night, and the 30,000 or so who showed up. There are many factors at work here, and everyone has valid points from all sides. The opponent was not very interesting, Thursday night games are great for TV, but not for attending, there probably is dwindling interest and expectations in the program, etc, etc. All that said, there does not seem to be a reason to play games in Little Rock anymore. If the stadium is going to have 20,000 empty seats, you might has well have the 20,000 empty seats on your campus. Just a different time with all games on TV and such issues. If that game was in Fayetteville last night, you would at least have given 10,000 to 15,000 UA students a chance to walk out of the dorm and come to it.

The Boar War

Fayeteville?  Never heard of it.  Is that close to For Smih?

Fan1958

Two "t"s in Fayetteville.

If it really is Central Arkansas' "responsibility" to fill the stadium, this is the way of giving a big FU to the university and its attitude toward WMS and Central Arkansas.  Scheduling crappy games seems to be a big FU from the university.

BTW, were you there last night?  If you were, kudos.  If not, STHU.  Disclaimer: I was not but I'm not the one bitching about it.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

spe450

Quote from: geauxhawgs on September 01, 2017, 08:01:15 am
How many people were at the Missouri game two years ago and the Ole Miss game last year? Speaking of pathetic! This isn't about Central Arkansas or Northwest Arkansas, our program is in shambles. Never has there been a time of less interest in program HISTORY.

Ole Miss was a great crowd.  A sellout, I believe. 

SDZ_Hog

Quote from: lstewart on September 01, 2017, 08:09:18 am
Cudos to the 36,000 who bought tickets to the game last night, and the 30,000 or so who showed up. There are many factors at work here, and everyone has valid points from all sides. The opponent was not very interesting, Thursday night games are great for TV, but not for attending, there probably is dwindling interest and expectations in the program, etc, etc. All that said, there does not seem to be a reason to play games in Little Rock anymore. If the stadium is going to have 20,000 empty seats, you might has well have the 20,000 empty seats on your campus. Just a different time with all games on TV and such issues. If that game was in Fayetteville last night, you would at least have given 10,000 to 15,000 UA students a chance to walk out of the dorm and come to it.

Nice level headed post.       

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: lstewart on September 01, 2017, 08:09:18 am

Based on your math DWRRS would have had 62k. Central ark blew it. Sour grapes from the crime capital of Arkansas.

Hogs run wild

congrats Mr. Divisive. Glad you were at the game to make sure the NW crowd was represented.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

hehawg

Never seen a post like this...how original
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

RME

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on September 01, 2017, 08:19:35 am
Based on your math DWRRS would have had 62k. Central ark blew it. Sour grapes from the crime capital of Arkansas.

This game was restricted to people living in central Arkansas? Was there some boundary line that if you live outside of you couldn't attend the game?

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on August 24, 2017, 05:42:51 pm
War Memorial on Thursday night against a horrible opponent in a run down stadium in a crime ridden area.....

Watching on TV in HD and won't miss that place.  Couldn't even sell out Georgia a few years back, 42k max for this game

Oh, glad to see you came out to support the University of Arkansas Razorbacks. "I'm gonna sit here and bitch about central Arkansas when I myself won't go to the game." Niiiiiice.

hobhog

Were you there super fan?

SDZ_Hog

Quote from: spe450 on September 01, 2017, 08:17:03 am
Ole Miss was a great crowd.  A sellout, I believe.

Yeah I was confussed on what he meant about the Ole Miss game.  It was a loud and pretty full staduim from what I can see and remember:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RteidSUhP98

I'm not trying to make excuses but it was a miserable day for the Missouri game.  Fayetteville got 2 inches of rain and it was an allllll day rain.  Game started out around 41 degrees and ended about 37.   

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

factchecker

What are you talking about?

Ole Miss game was packed last year and the crowd was crazy:

https://twitter.com/ElvisMoyaUA/status/787494019479724036

https://twitter.com/ElvisMoyaUA/status/787489485768445952

https://twitter.com/dj45williams/status/787487490277904384/video/1

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hogsanity

Quote from: al_pigcino on September 01, 2017, 08:00:30 am

IT is also the OHIO STATE Buckeys, the Tennessee Volunteers, the Alabama Crimson Tide, The Michigan Wolverines, etc, and none of them go galivanting around the state moving home games away from campus to smaller old stadiums.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

The_Iceman

Should have stopped playing in that dump of a stadium years ago. You have a palace ON CAMPUS, yet you drive the team 3 hours to a crappy stadium because...why?

My suggestion,  which would serve the purpose of playing the LR better, is to have Razorfest and the Red White game in Little Rock. The golf course sets up much better for that environment anyway.

Keeps the connection to LR, more fan friendly, and the actual game comes back to Fayetteville....where is belongs.

hogsanity

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 01, 2017, 08:30:21 am
Should have stopped playing in that dump of a stadium years ago. You have a palace ON CAMPUS, yet you drive the team 3 hours to a crappy stadium because...why?

So LR Willy can tailgate on the golf course and burn a couch, duh.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HF#1

2018 will be the Swan Song for WMS and the Razorbacks.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

The Boar War

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 01, 2017, 08:24:26 am
This game was restricted to people living in central Arkansas? Was there some boundary line that if you live outside of you couldn't attend the game?

Some won't go to protest the fact that all games aren't in Fayetteville.  At some point games at War Memorial became a charity and not something that would bring the state together.  Unfortunately the charity has been rubbed in the faces of central Arkansans (not by the University but by people who simply live closer to the campus).  No one likes that.  Many who don't have a financial interest are fine with the games leaving. 

Granted LR and south Arkansas haven't produced outstanding recruiting numbers in the past couple of years but it doesn't take a genius to see what's going to happen when recruits like DMac and Hunter Henry don't grow up Razorback fans.

factchecker

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 01, 2017, 08:24:26 am

There wasn't.  Actually had another group of Northwest Arkansans behind me.

The lack of attendance falls on every Razorback fan who had the ability (time, money, health etc.) to show up.  You don't have to attend a game to be a fan.  However, I think it's a little disingenuous for someone to bitch about attendance if they weren't there.

The one benefit of having a smaller crowd was that the stupid wave never got going.  :)
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Nafunu32

The problem is we keep referring to it as the "LR Crowd".... it shouldn't be this way. Why can't the people who go to NWA travel to Central Arkansas to support the team? Seems like the ones who complain about the stadium being empty should stop posting from their house and make the trip.

That being said... the campus is in NWA and I feel the team should play on the campus. It just seems that people are making this an "Us Vs Them" type of situation... when in reality, we are all Razorback fans.

RME

Quote from: factchecker on September 01, 2017, 08:39:38 am
There wasn't.  Actually had another group of Northwest Arkansans behind me.

The lack of attendance falls on every Razorback fan who had the ability (time, money, health etc.) to show up.  You don't have to attend a game to be a fan.  However, I think it's a little disingenuous for someone to bitch about attendance if they weren't there.

The one benefit of having a smaller crowd was that the stupid wave never got going.  :)

I agree completely. That was the point of my response to whoever it was (but I know you know that, hah).

No wave?! Not even a ripple?

factchecker

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 01, 2017, 08:47:07 am
No wave?! Not even a ripple?

It started in the SEZ (under the scoreboard) but never got going.  I'll gladly do all the cheers. I'll stand up and yell during most of the game. I'll even do an old man version of William Tell.

I draw the line at doing the wave.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

al_pigcino

Quote from: hogsanity on September 01, 2017, 08:29:32 am
IT is also the OHIO STATE Buckeys, the Tennessee Volunteers, the Alabama Crimson Tide, The Michigan Wolverines, etc, and none of them go galivanting around the state moving home games away from campus to smaller old stadiums.
If they did do you think the people in Knoxville, Tuscaloosa, or Ann Harbor would say "screw this, if they move the game I'm not going"?  No, they show up and support their team. 

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: al_pigcino on September 01, 2017, 08:56:33 am
If they did do you think the people in Knoxville, Tuscaloosa, or Ann Harbor would say "screw this, if they move the game I'm not going"?  No, they show up and support their team.
But they don't.  so there is no answer to your question.

al_pigcino

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on September 01, 2017, 08:57:42 am
But they don't.  so there is no answer to your question.
What about the question asking if it's only the rest of Arkansas's responsibility to fill the stadium?  It's the state's team unless it's not in Fayetteville?  What about road games?

DeltaBoy

Quote from: HF#1 on September 01, 2017, 08:27:04 am
The Thursday night idea was a terrible one.

Yes it was with it being Labor Day weekend and school kids are back in class.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

geauxhawgs

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mizzou-football/sec-football-missouri-arkansas-attendance-embarrassing/

Granted this was at Missouri, but this picture is showing the good side of the stadium. Probably around 15k in attendance for this "rivalry"  :puke:

Hasn't been much better on the Hill either. Just Sayin...these are SEC games, on campus, and a "rivalry" to boot ha. Something larger is at work here my friends. IMO Razorback football has gotten pretty stale the last 5 years...has VERY LITTLE to do with games in The Rock although I will be the first to admit, LR hasn't done a very good job of updating WM over the years.

Woo Pig

Dirttrackhog

first off, where the hell is "Fayeteville"?

Also this isn't a central Arkansas problem but a Razorback problem, fans should be showing up to show support.  However I can understand last night.  It was a Thursday and for most of the week people were expecting the weather to be horrible.  It is what it is.
This was not the last game in WMS.  Jeff Long said there is no plan to buyout the contract and that they would play in LR through 2018 "at the very least".

oldhawg

My how times have changed.

Having grown up in southwest Arkansas, I can remember when trips to Little Rock and Fayetteville to see the Razorbacks play were equally exciting.  I just don't remember disparaging remarks about the Razorbacks, about Fayetteville, about Little Rock.  Maybe I was just too excited to listen?  Maybe now that people can hide behind an internet name, it's just easier to express discontent?  Maybe some people just do not want to change?  But time and events do change things, and one way or another, folks will come to grips in their own way with all things Razorbacks.

Oh well, all beyond my ability to fix.  Will just have to continue being a Razorback fan from wherever I am, which is often very far away during the football season.  Admittedly, I don't have the opportunity to attend very many games in person anymore, but that doe not dampen my enthusiasm for the Hogs.

spe450

Quote from: geauxhawgs on September 01, 2017, 08:59:45 am
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mizzou-football/sec-football-missouri-arkansas-attendance-embarrassing/

Granted this was at Missouri, but this picture is showing the good side of the stadium. Probably around 15k in attendance for this "rivalry"  :puke:

Hasn't been much better on the Hill either. Just Sayin...these are SEC games, on campus, and a "rivalry" to boot ha. Something larger is at work here my friends. IMO Razorback football has gotten pretty stale the last 5 years...has VERY LITTLE to do with games in The Rock although I will be the first to admit, LR hasn't done a very good job of updating WM over the years.

Woo Pig

Just plain ignorant. The crowds have been great in sec play.

snoblind

?  How old are you?  12?

spe450

Quote from: snoblind on September 01, 2017, 10:23:21 am
?  How old are you?  12?

He cited a game that had a moment that is considered top ten loudest in college football (since they began recording it) as low attendance and pathetic.  Clearly he knows what he is talking about.

geauxhawgs

Quote from: spe450 on September 01, 2017, 10:41:00 am
He cited a game that had a moment that is considered top ten loudest in college football (since they began recording it) as low attendance and pathetic.  Clearly he knows what he is talking about.

Said Ole Miss, meant the Miss State game...my bad!!! Was at the game and just remember it being nowhere CLOSE to what they announced. Felt like 40-50k instead of low 60's.

buldozer

Central Arkansas...... sounds like the wine and cheese crowd in NWA is boycotting the games in LR in an attempt to get them moved to NWA so they don't have to travel 2 hrs to a game to me

spe450

Quote from: geauxhawgs on September 01, 2017, 10:55:07 am
Said Ole Miss, meant the Miss State game...my bad!!! Was at the game and just remember it being nowhere CLOSE to what they announced. Felt like 40-50k instead of low 60's.

Miss state was 2 years ago and was a pretty good crowd as well with a near sell out (over 71k).  Attendance that year in fayetteville was up 5.7% from the previous year. 

Do you actually go to these games?  And if so, how drunk are you?

Ben

I swear Northwest Arkansas gets Walmart and suddenly they become uppity country bumpkins. What's funny is the main ones bitching about attendance are the ones who didn't even go to the game. Gotta love the assbackwards mindset of arkansans

The game was on a weekday, against a terrible FCS opponent, with questions about weather and remnants of Harvey. Not to mention Arkansas' mediocrity since 2012 isn't going to bring in as much of a crowd. Especially when they come to LR, stink up the joint, and then want to blame LR and WMS for sucking. Monroe, Miss St, UGA, Toledo. Maybe Arkansas needs to get better and play better teams like they used to with LSU.
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

factchecker

Quote from: geauxhawgs on September 01, 2017, 10:55:07 am

Wrong again bud.

The Mississippi State game (in Fayetteville) was in 2015.  It was a classic QB duel between Dak and BA.  Crowd was pretty crazy and attendance was at 71,936.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hobhog

Quote from: buldozer on September 01, 2017, 10:57:46 am
Central Arkansas...... sounds like the wine and cheese crowd in NWA is boycotting the games in LR in an attempt to get them moved to NWA so they don't have to travel 2 hrs to a game to me

People boycotting WMS games is sad. As said earlier, just need SEC caliber fans in this state....