Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Update: Got one of the two

Started by 195bc, October 31, 2012, 07:50:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

195bc

Shot yesterday. Third time I have seen while hunting this season.

SWD26

WOW! Now that's a buck, something to be proud of there.

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Huckleberry Pig

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

JOHNP

woodrow hog call

Nice buck, killing it after seeing it that many times, would make it that much more enjoyable.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

3putt

King TUSKankahamun

Very nice sir, It's one to be proud of for sure
Self proclaimed dead King of Hogville

twistitup

Quote from: 195bc on October 31, 2012, 10:15:46 am
Central Oklahoma.

Prolly walking around all upset about the loss to ND...depressed

Possibly suicide by hunter?

All joking aside- awesome deer.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

PEtrader

you are either a very little man, or that is a huge deer, congrats!
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

johnny cash

Score it? Awesome deer congrats!

195bc

IronHog

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: 195bc on October 31, 2012, 09:25:26 pm
Yes I did. Want to take a guess?

That deer looks very similar to one my cousin shot down on Big Island 3 years ago and his scored 154, which is very good for an 8.  So I'll guess anywhere between there and 160.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

johnny cash

SpareRib

I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

HuntnHog

HuntnHog

Quote from: 195bc on October 31, 2012, 09:25:26 pm
Yes I did. Want to take a guess?
Somewhere around 140 gross.  Monster 8 point!  I'd love to have one like that.

195bc

November 01, 2012, 10:26:40 am #20 Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 06:40:20 pm by 195bc
He's one of those deer that, I think, looks more impressive than the score - gross score of 133 6/8 - obviously has decent height and good width. It's just hard for an 8 pt to score more than 140. You can have 5 inch brow tines, double-digit G2s and G3s, 22 inch main beams, good mass, and an inside spread of 18 inches and barely gross 140.
This deer had G1s just under 4 inches, 9 and 10 inch G2s, 5 and 8 inch G3s, 22 inch main beans, inside spread 18-6/8 inches. The first three circumference measurements for each side were all around 4 to 4-4/8 inches.
I have about 200 trail cam pics of him, 30 minutes of video off my trail camera, and I watched him in person many days within 50 yds, and I guessed him at 139 before the season started. So I overshot the score also.
But heck, an 8 pt that scores in the 120s in a nice looking deer.   

Albert Einswine

He looks bigger than that in the pics, but perspective is often skewed in photos.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

SultanofSwine

clutch

Quote from: 195bc on November 01, 2012, 10:26:40 am
He's one of those deer that, I think, looks more impressive than the score - gross score of 133 6/8 - obviously has decent height and good width. It's just hard for an 8 pt to score more than 140. You can have 5 inch brow tines, double-digit G2s and G3s, 22 inch main beams, good mass, and an inside spread of 18 inches and barely gross 140.
This deer had G1s just under 4 inches, 9 and 10 inch G2s, 5 and 8 inch G3s, 22 inch main beans, inside spread 18-6/8 inches. The first three circumference measurements for each side were all around 4 to 4-4/8 inches.
I have about 200 trail cam pics of him, 30 minutes of video off my trail camera, and I watched him in person many days within 50 yds, and I guessed him at 139 before the season started. So I overshot the score also.
But heck, an 8 pt that scores in the 120s in a nice looking deer.   

It takes A LOT of antler to get and 8 pt in the 140-150 range. Not to mention 140 is a helluva lot bigger than most people realize. I've seen a ton of deer killed where people were guessing 145-150 and the buck barely cracks 130.

johnny cash

Quote from: clutch on November 01, 2012, 07:08:44 pm
It takes A LOT of antler to get and 8 pt in the 140-150 range. Not to mention 140 is a helluva lot bigger than most people realize. I've seen a ton of deer killed where people were guessing 145-150 and the buck barely cracks 130.
yeah me too, deer just looks bigger than that in the pic to me! Anyway awesome buck!

Virgil

It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

rickm1976