Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Glock Handgun Question,

Started by 1highhog, February 03, 2010, 12:26:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1highhog

I'm getting ready to purchase a new Glock, I've decided to go with a 40 caliber but have yet to decide on which frame to go with, the Standard or the Compact.  I would like to have a SubCompact as a backup, but can't afford to buy two right now.  What is the best prices ya'll have seen on these right now?  Either of these will have night sights and come with 3 clips.

ArchitectHog

I have both the compact (23) and regular (22) in .40.  I got my G22 for $489.
I got the compact for a little more at $515.  I haven't checked on prices lately but anywhere around this should be good.  Three clips alone are around $90, so figure that in when pricing.
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
Quote from: KEYS on October 07, 2009, 10:45:57 am
The Hogs should play every HOME game in Little Rock just as soon as the campus is moved there... hence the meaning of "home."
Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on August 13, 2010, 08:47:52 am
We can no longer afford to play in Little Rock. The university is in Fayetteville.

1highhog

Okay.  I can get the standard or the compact for $419.00 from someone so I was thinking that was a very good price.

ArchitectHog

Quote from: 1highhog on February 03, 2010, 02:16:22 pm
Okay.  I can get the standard or the compact for $419.00 from someone so I was thinking that was a very good price.

Get 2!
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
Quote from: KEYS on October 07, 2009, 10:45:57 am
The Hogs should play every HOME game in Little Rock just as soon as the campus is moved there... hence the meaning of "home."
Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on August 13, 2010, 08:47:52 am
We can no longer afford to play in Little Rock. The university is in Fayetteville.

1highhog

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

JM Gorilla

I have the 22 and love it.  I will eventually get something smaller for regular carry, but the 22 is a good multi-purpose frame size in my opinion, and it fits my hand really good, which is the most important thing.

IronHog

Quote from: 1highhog on February 03, 2010, 12:26:22 pm
I'm getting ready to purchase a new Glock, I've decided to go with a 40 caliber but have yet to decide on which frame to go with, the Standard or the Compact.  I would like to have a SubCompact as a backup, but can't afford to buy two right now.  What is the best prices ya'll have seen on these right now?  Either of these will have night sights and come with 3 clips.

1.  What are you going to do with it? 

I personally have no use for the "standard" Glock frame.  It is perfect for use by uniformed police to wear on the belt, which makes it imperfect for anything I'm going to do with it.......  If I was going to get a fullsize it would be one of the long slide style "competition" glocks, otherwise the compact or baby glock is the civilian Glocks of choice.

2.  If you are new to handguns make sure you shoot a .40 before you buy.  I personally do not enjoy shooting the .40, but it is extremely popular.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

1highhog

IronHog-I've always carried a handgun whenever and where ever I go, I'm just new to the Glocks.  I used to hate them, thought they were cheap, just had a prejudice against them for some reason.  Before that I carried for years a 357 colt python, then realized as I got older I kinda liked my hearing, so I got rid of the 357.  I like just having something with me when I go on trips, and sometimes I have my wife with me, just feel safer having it.

95_alum

Quote from: IronHog on February 03, 2010, 09:36:06 pm

2.  If you are new to handguns make sure you shoot a .40 before you buy.  I personally do not enjoy shooting the .40, but it is extremely popular.

No doubt IronHog. I too did not like shooting the .40.
G21. Big holes. Heinie SlantPro Straight Eight. Aro-Tek guide rod.  :)

IronHog

Quote from: 1highhog on February 04, 2010, 07:22:10 am
IronHog-I've always carried a handgun whenever and where ever I go, I'm just new to the Glocks.  I used to hate them, thought they were cheap, just had a prejudice against them for some reason.  Before that I carried for years a 357 colt python, then realized as I got older I kinda liked my hearing, so I got rid of the 357.  I like just having something with me when I go on trips, and sometimes I have my wife with me, just feel safer having it.

GlockTalk is a huge message board where you can learn everything and more about glocks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For what you want I'd go with the 23.  It is small enough to conceal (I carry my G19 in winter at times) and big enough for good purchase.  Great truck gun.

If it was going to be my primary CCW the 27 would be the way to go.

I like Glocks for their toughness, and the fact they are simple and everywhere.  The "safe action" system is both a strength and the weakness of the platform depending on who is talking.

1highhog

clifflee4mvp

My dad carries the 22 as his CC. He is used to it because his duty gun is the same model. It is kind of hard to conceal though. I hate shooting it. Great, reliable gun, I just don't like the .40 cal and large frame gun. I have small hands and the full size glock is too big for them.
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

IronHog

Quote from: clifflee4mvp on February 04, 2010, 11:41:36 pm
My dad carries the 22 as his CC. He is used to it because his duty gun is the same model. It is kind of hard to conceal though. I hate shooting it. Great, reliable gun, I just don't like the .40 cal and large frame gun. I have small hands and the full size glock is too big for them.

The Glock platform is really starting to show its age compared to newer designs with interchangeable backstraps and better ergonomics.  The SF series is an attempt to put off a full frame redesign that will be needed at some point to protect market share.  I have big hands and the compact 19/23 size glock frame is a perfect compromise size pistol for me.....plenty big for the range/IDPA, but small enough to tuck in a Milt Sparks IWB under a denim jacket in this type weather.

I agree on the .40.  I find the recoil and muzzle blast to be "snappy" or "sharp" compared to a 9mm or .45.  However, it would probably be my first choice if I carried a sidearm as a professional due to the documented terminal performace of several common .40 loadings.

usnavyhogfan

im looking into getting a 26 for ccw. i currently have a hk p30 and its outstanding but need something a bit smaller for carry.
The dream is free, the journey is not.

195bc

I've got the Glock Model 33 in a .357 Sig cal. Love it. Most rounds look to be about 150-200 ft per sec faster than the .40.