Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Midnight Golf in Iceland

Started by pignparadise, February 03, 2018, 09:18:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pignparadise

Bought my tickets for my son and I's trip in June. Iceland has the most golf courses per capita of any country.
"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"

East TN HAWG

I spent the night in Iceland once when I was in the military.  The wind blew very hard.  It wonld be tough to play golf in what I experienced.  Bring lots of balls.

nationwish

Quote from: East TN HAWG on February 03, 2018, 10:08:51 am
I spent the night in Iceland once when I was in the military.  The wind blew very hard.  It wonld be tough to play golf in what I experienced.  Bring lots of balls.

They also apparently have sandstorms. Who would have thought that? That's the one type of insurance I've seen people strongly suggest to get when renting a car there.

UAGolfer1981

One of my bucket list places to play.  You may enjoy these golf videos to get you two ready to go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK2UUmrURZU&list=PL-yMxw6TSwy6MCgIm_WYJh3pIvtMGtDxX

Have fun and give us a report!

mhuff

1960.  Lived in Iceland for a year. Keflavik

RazorPiggie

pignparadise

June 16, 2018, 06:03:48 am #6 Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 06:29:36 am by pignparadise
Just got back. Best trip ever. Played 6 courses, went sea fishing, smoked Cuban cigars. Pebble Beach and Spyglass have nothing on a couple of these courses regarding sheer scenery. Average green fee was 69.00 dollars with high being 105. Wind was not a problem. We walked every course except one. Most of the time we had courses to ourselves.
"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"

pignparadise

pignparadise