Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A coach that I am impressed with:

Started by Hoggie17, September 20, 2017, 09:53:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggie17

Is Dan Mullen, I think is ready to make a change.

racinghog

May be but it will not be to ARK. Even though many here would be all right with this I do not believe he would entertain the move.

hawganatic

I'm sure Mullen has the same verbiage in his contract that most SEC coaches do in that he can't move to another SEC school.

Outside of that I doubt his next move would be to a school like Arkansas that is still trying to climb.  It's going to be to a school that is solidly in that top tier where he can get into the playoffs and compete for a NC immediately.

JaketheSnake

Been discussed extensively over the past week.

Atlhogfan1

If MSU admin could find someone comparable which is doubtful they wouldn't mind. 

Also Mullen will need to get out ahead of the NCAA at some point.  Just a matter of time till OM finds enough dirt and drags them in. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

al_pigcino

He's the same thing as CBB.  He's in a lower tier school and built a program.  He has arguably more talent year in and year out, is just as close to Louisiana as us, has more in state talent, and is closer to Florida.  Give CBB 8 or 9 years and we will be at the same point as Mississippi State.  Let that statement register for a moment. 

King Kong

Quote from: racinghog on September 20, 2017, 09:58:34 am
May be but it will not be to ARK. Even though many here would be all right with this I do not believe he would entertain the move.

Only about 12-15 schools could pay him as much or more than he makes at State. We are one of the few.

King Kong

Quote from: al_pigcino on September 20, 2017, 10:08:54 am
He's the same thing as CBB.  He's in a lower tier school and built a program.  He has arguably more talent year in and year out, is just as close to Louisiana as us, has more in state talent, and is closer to Florida.  Give CBB 8 or 9 years and we will be at the same point as Mississippi State.  Let that statement register for a moment.

You way oversold Starkville and MS State

go hogues

Quote from: King Kong on September 20, 2017, 10:11:22 am
Only about 12-15 schools could pay him as much or more than he makes at State. We are one of the few.
But we are on the same level as them. At this point, lateral move at best.

He'll wait for McIlwain to be let go at UF and go rejoin his former MSU AD, Scott Stricklin.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Redhogs

Quote from: al_pigcino on September 20, 2017, 10:08:54 am
This...although some in the media would argue at this point AR. would be a step down right now...let that register for a moment.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

hogsanity

So, Mullen is going to leave MSU, in a state where the other main school is in huge trouble. A state that produces a lot of sec level talent, and where they are the only viable game in town right now, for a school with even more location disadvantages ( in regards to proximity to recruits ) than Starkville?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

The Hawg Marshal

Mullen might leave MSU, but it won't be for Arkansas. Think Florida, Notre Dame maybe.

PorkRinds

Another one of these threads is just what we needed to make Wednesday better.