Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Give this a Read

Started by WilsonHog, September 19, 2017, 07:46:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgon

ricepig

Quote from: Dominicanhog on September 20, 2017, 11:24:01 am
Didn't he explicitly say " not named Walton"
Yeah, or Tyson, or Stephens, or......I'd find it hard to believe that someone with a net worth less than $300m would write a check for $15m. I know if they were kin to me, I'd go to court and stop it and have them committed, lol.

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: Dirty on September 20, 2017, 07:16:13 am
I have changed my mind.  As much as I love my Hogs, if what it takes is losses to get rid of CBB & Long.  Then make it so!

There are dozens and maybe hundreds of posters on here that have exhibited that attitude.  I'm just suprised they don't use the acronym LHL.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on September 20, 2017, 07:15:01 am
Sometimes sources are not revealed to protect their employment.. Just because you don't like the content, doesn't mean it isn't true.

Sometimes journalists will protect A source. He seems to be protecting EVERY "source."  The article has not one attribution.  NONE.  ZERO.  NADA. NYET. ZIPPO.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on September 20, 2017, 09:44:44 am
Because he doesn't have any idea to what he is talking about?

Actually he's referring to a complete, in depth, thorough Audit of the U of A Athletic Department. A "financial autopsy" of the U of A Athletic Department, in other words. It's true that the State government audits the U of A Athletic department regularly but those are light Audits. It's past time for that Complete Forensic Audit of the U of A Athletic Department to happen.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Dominicanhog on September 20, 2017, 11:24:01 am
Didn't he explicitly say " not named Walton"

See how closely I paid attention.   
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on September 20, 2017, 11:39:10 am
Actually he's referring to a complete, in depth, thorough Audit of the U of A Athletic Department. A "financial autopsy" of the U of A Athletic Department, in other words. It's true that the State government audits the U of A Athletic department regularly but those are light Audits. It's past time for that Complete Forensic Audit of the U of A Athletic Department to happen.

And how do you know this doesn't happen? I guess you work for the Legislative Audit Committee, who knew?

Atlhogfan1

hogcountryonline used to be Hodges platform

GuvHog

Quote from: TebowHater on September 19, 2017, 09:21:50 pm
1. Long will unequivocally fire Bielema if it meant his job. We all know that it is his career above all. 

I disagree. Long won't straight out fire Bielema. Long has a big ego and outright firing Bielema would be admitting failure on his part which would tarnish his reputation, something he isn't about to do. I can see long privately suggesting to Bret that he should consider resigning to salvage his coaching career because things aren't working out. That way Long can (and will) claim resigning was Brets idea and he had nothing to do with it, thus protecting Long's reputation.

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on September 20, 2017, 11:44:49 am
And how do you know this doesn't happen? I guess you work for the Legislative Audit Committee, who knew?

My brother is a State Congressman.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: ricepig on September 20, 2017, 11:31:52 am
Yeah, or Tyson, or Stephens, or......I'd find it hard to believe that someone with a net worth less than $300m would write a check for $15m. I know if they were kin to me, I'd go to court and stop it and have them committed, lol.

I was wondering who might be left.., though I do know of at least 1 other.. I thought maybe he meant you... they don't call you Ricey pockets for nothing..

hawg66

Amazing. People actually think Arkansas athletics are in trouble financially.  Or just want to believe it because that's the only way Long will feel any heat from those who matter and make those decisions. You're grasping at straws folks and you look silly and desperate.

ricepig

Quote from: Dominicanhog on September 20, 2017, 11:56:17 am
I was wondering who might be left.., though I do know of at least 1 other.. I thought maybe he meant you... they don't call you Ricey pockets for nothing..

Lol, I'd have to get Prudential and John Hancock to triple my appraisals............

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on September 20, 2017, 11:53:40 am
My brother is a State Congressman.

We have state senators and representatives, I've never heard of a State Congressman.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Dirty on September 20, 2017, 07:16:13 am
I have changed my mind.  As much as I love my Hogs, if what it takes is losses to get rid of CBB & Long.  Then make it so!
No way man. i will never pull for the Hogs to lose no matter who the coach is. i will be pulling for coach B and the Hogs to win every game this season.it's your right to feel as you do. but i flat out disagree.

GuvHog

Quote from: hawg66 on September 20, 2017, 11:56:50 am
Amazing. People actually think Arkansas athletics are in trouble financially.  Or just want to believe it because that's the only way Long will feel any heat from those who matter and make those decisions. You're grasping at straws folks and you look silly and desperate.

It's responses like this that cause me to think the Long huggers are scared that a complete Forensic Audit of the U of A Athletic Department might expose Long.

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on September 20, 2017, 12:04:02 pm
We have state senators and representatives, I've never heard of a State Congressman.

He's a State Representative and has been for some time.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ricepig on September 20, 2017, 11:31:52 am
he didnt say "Jones"... That old man knows he's not long for this world and wants to see a winner before he's off to join JFB in Hog Heaven.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on September 20, 2017, 12:06:38 pm
It's responses like this that cause me to think the Long huggers are scared that a complete Forensic Audit of the U of A Athletic Department might expose Long.

Everything isn't hugger/hater, I realize that might be hard for you to understand. I doubt the other employees of the athletic department are going to sign off on false reports, especially since these reports must go to the Dept of Education, as well.

GuvHog

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 20, 2017, 12:06:07 pm
No way man. i will never pull for the Hogs to lose no matter who the coach is. i will be pulling for coach B and the Hogs to win every game this season.it's your right to feel as you do. but i flat out disagree.

I agree Joe. I would never want the Hogs to lose.

hawg66

Quote from: GuvHog on September 20, 2017, 12:06:38 pm
What makes you think you know anything about me or who I hug?

Arkansas is in the SEC and tied to $40 million a year in TV revenue. Even I can do that math. Grasp that straw and hold on tight.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ricepig on September 20, 2017, 12:09:49 pm
Everything isn't hugger/hater, I realize that might be hard for you to understand. I doubt the other employees of the athletic department are going to sign off on false reports, especially since these reports must go to the Dept of Education, as well.
they signed off on Jessica....
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

phadedhawg

I would be surprised if the athletic department are allowed to keep their own books.  Most things in business involve lots of auditors and if it involves gov't, even more auditors.  I'm sure there is information they protect from the public but I'd be surprised if they are in a position to "cook the books". 

Pig in the Pokey

I would counter with I bet all KINDS of books are cooked throughout crooked-ass Arkansas. Just sayin.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: ricepig on September 20, 2017, 12:00:28 pm
Lol, I'd have to get Prudential and John Hancock to triple my appraisals............

if they did, it'd probably be time to sell.. ;D

GuvHog

Quote from: hawg66 on September 20, 2017, 12:13:47 pm
What makes you think you know anything about me or who I hug?

Arkansas is in the SEC and tied to $40 million a year in TV revenue. Even I can do that math. Grasp that straw and hold on tight.

There is no question how much revenue they get. The question is where is it all going? A complete Forensic Audit will determine whether or not their records are accurate.

phadedhawg

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 20, 2017, 12:20:36 pm
I would counter with I bet all KINDS of books are cooked throughout crooked-ass Arkansas. Just sayin.

That would be quite the scandal.  Jeff Long seems very scandal adverse, maybe to a fault.  Without any inside knowledge it's impossible to say.

TebowHater

Quote from: ricepig on September 20, 2017, 11:09:26 am
I'm sure everyone got the email saying they had financial commitments for all 38 suites and have commitments on over 70% of the Loge boxes, I wonder if I need Andy to do a forensic audit on those numbers??

I love how this post gets totally overlooked. Hello, the facts are out, indeed, the article is trash. Carry on. @Wilson I suspect you will now trash this thread just as the article that started it is.

I will repost this link, too. Another post, with real facts and numbers. Agenda isn't met - Hogville goes into denial.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2017/07/06/colleges-spending-more-their-athletes-because-they-can/449433001/

ricepig

Quote from: Dominicanhog on September 20, 2017, 12:22:54 pm
if they did, it'd probably be time to sell.. ;D

No doubt, I'd just have to find a willing sucker, err....buyer.

HognotinMemphis

Human nature is to disagree with any of this for any reasons available. To agree with it is to admit your entire faith in all things Razorback is not set in reality. Reality here is that Razorback football is not what is was from 1960's through 1990 (other than 2 years with Petrino) and likely will never be again.

Convince others that you are right and he is wrong and you can continue in your hope and fantasy.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: ricepig on September 20, 2017, 12:28:47 pm
No doubt, I'd just have to find a willing sucker, err....buyer.

Maybe these people Andy speaks of have an extra 300 mill laying around.. at least in your case they'd get something for their money...

TebowHater

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 20, 2017, 12:31:56 pm
Human nature is to disagree with any of this for any reasons available. To agree with it is to admit your entire faith in all things Razorback is not set in reality. Reality here is that Razorback football is not what is was from 1960's through 1990 (other than 2 years with Petrino) and likely will never be again.

Convince others that you are right and he is wrong and you can continue in your hope and fantasy.

No. I am not happy with how things are, think JL totally messed up due to this buy out, and am ready to see a new coach here. However, we cannot allow ourselves to believe completely false articles. It only makes things worse and gives everyone false delusion.

hawgon

Going from wanting a five year commitment on the boxes to accepting a one year commitment is actually pretty significant potentially.  It really puts the pressure on them to make sure that the product on the field makes people want to be there.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: TebowHater on September 20, 2017, 12:28:38 pm
Wilson I suspect you will now trash this thread just as the article that started it is.

Why trash a perfectly good thread, this dead horse has plenty of life left... we've just gotten to fraud and embezzlement.. I bet CBB, Clary and Hedlund are glad we found a more savory topic....

snoblind

Quote from: GuvHog on September 20, 2017, 12:23:29 pm
There is no question how much revenue they get. The question is where is it all going? A complete Forensic Audit will determine whether or not their records are accurate.

So you're accusing JL of fraud or embezzlement?

riccoar

1.  Sounds like Andy will be getting blocked on the Twitters soon.
2.  Stephens, even being a billionaire, ain't writing $15 million.
3.  People following recruiting need to realize that a 3,4, and 5 star with barely minimums on the requirements, use to only have to worry about not getting a look
     from Vandy.

riccoar

Quote from: GuvHog on September 20, 2017, 12:23:29 pm
Forensic?  Is that because it involves dead presidents?

ricepig

Quote from: hawgon on September 20, 2017, 12:43:46 pm
Going from wanting a five year commitment on the boxes to accepting a one year commitment is actually pretty significant potentially.  It really puts the pressure on them to make sure that the product on the field makes people want to be there.

Yes and no. I was told last year that the Loge boxes would probably be more of a yearly thing, my niece's husband deals with a lot of corporate types and he said a lot of his customers were saying no way to a long term commitment on them. Just think, the more of these they can lease, the more money for buyouts and new coach's salaries.

ricepig

Quote from: snoblind on September 20, 2017, 12:46:54 pm

Well, I think his youngest is going out of state to college, you got to cover for not having that employee discount..........

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: phadedhawg on September 20, 2017, 12:24:02 pm
That would be quite the scandal.  Jeff Long seems very scandal adverse, maybe to a fault.  Without any inside knowledge it's impossible to say.
that's true. Makes me wonder though.

ricepig

Quote from: riccoar on September 20, 2017, 12:52:16 pm
Forensic?  Is that because it involves dead presidents?

Well, I hope they hire Abby Scuito, I hear she's the best forensic scientist.......

hawgon

Quote from: ricepig on September 20, 2017, 01:14:48 pm
Yes and no. I was told last year that the Loge boxes would probably be more of a yearly thing, my niece's husband deals with a lot of corporate types and he said a lot of his customers were saying no way to a long term commitment on them. Just think, the more of these they can lease, the more money for buyouts and new coach's salaries.

What kind of math are you using?  Long term leases are guaranteed cash flow. 

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ricepig on September 20, 2017, 01:18:23 pm
Well, I hope they hire Abby Scuito, I hear she's the best forensic scientist.......
gonna need a forensic psychiatrist if we dont win some damn football games soon  ;D ;)

GuvHog

Quote from: snoblind on September 20, 2017, 12:46:54 pm

I haven't accused him of anything (other than being horrible at hiring head Coaches). I just see no problem with a complete forensic Audit being done. Are you afraid they'll find something to incriminate JL??

phadedhawg

Quote from: GuvHog on September 20, 2017, 01:22:16 pm
I haven't accused him of anything (other than being horrible at hiring head Coaches). I just see no problem with a complete forensic Audit being done. Are you afraid they'll find something to incriminate JL??

If one is going to launch an investigation, shouldn't they have an idea of what they are looking for?

Are there any credible allegations of wrongdoing?

hawgon

If there was any area for concern audit wise, I suspect it would revolve around what representations were made about demand for suites and boxes when funding for the project was secured. 

That sort of stuff can be fairly nit picky.  For instance the guy who says that he makes a $100k on the credit card application when his tax return says he makes $75k has technically committed bank fraud.

GuvHog

Quote from: hawgon on September 20, 2017, 01:19:44 pm
What kind of math are you using?  Long term leases are guaranteed cash flow. 

Only if people agree to them. It sounds like fans are balking at the long term leases.

GuvHog

Quote from: phadedhawg on September 20, 2017, 01:25:52 pm
If one is going to launch an investigation, shouldn't they have an idea of what they are looking for?

Are there any credible allegations of wrongdoing?

There doesn't have to be any allegations of wrongdoing to launch a thorough Audit. The State or the BOT can call for a thorough independent Audit of the U of A Athletic Department anytime they want to.

311Hog

Quote from: GuvHog on September 20, 2017, 01:32:14 pm
There doesn't have to be any allegations of wrongdoing to launch a thorough Audit. The State or the BOT can call for a thorough independent Audit of the U of A Athletic Department anytime they want to.

but it isn't free and people have other things to do than waste resources on a witch hunt.