Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Give this a Read

Started by WilsonHog, September 19, 2017, 07:46:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boarsnest

Sounds like there may be a couple of hot seats in Fayetteville!

ricepig

Well, without the "real" numbers, it's hard to go on hearsay. I know they dropped the 5 year commitments they started out asking for and are allowing 1 year commitments with the guarantee of getting another year if you choose. The last official numbers from the RF showed about a $20m increase in donations over the previous year, but those run a year behind.

factchecker

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/fundraising-tops-38-4-million/

QuoteThe $38.4 million total is the third-highest fundraising total since the Razorback Foundation was formed. In 2015, a $10.65 gift from the Jerry and Gene Jones Family led to a total of $47.3 million. In 2016, the $50.1 million total included multiple significant capital gifts made in conjunction with the new Founders Suites that will open in 2018 as part of the Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium Renovation.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

grayhawg

I think the way we lost to Missouri and V Tech hurt donations more than the Athletic dept lets on. Sure put me to thinking about what's going on up there.

lakecityhog

WOW! If this is only 50% true it is saying a LOT. Someone posted a while back that JL had neutered the big money people, I did actually laugh at that post!

hogblitz

Quote from: ricepig on September 19, 2017, 07:59:29 pm
Well, without the "real" numbers, it's hard to go on hearsay. I know they dropped the 5 year commitments they started out asking for and are allowing 1 year commitments with the guarantee of getting another year if you choose. The last official numbers from the RF showed about a $20m increase in donations over the previous year, but those run a year behind.
I knew you would be along shortly to refute.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

forrest city joe

WOW! are you freaking kidding me! you mean to tell me Vandy has more sec wins than Arkansas over the last 5 years.good God! i knew things were bad.but i did not know this Vandy stat. bottom line after reading that.coach B better start winning games fast.and Jeff Long may even be in trouble if he does not.anyone else with me after reading this? looks like if coach B does not start winning games fast,he is gone.

factchecker

Quote from: grayhawg on September 19, 2017, 08:05:49 pm
I think the way we lost to Missouri and V Tech hurt donations more than the Athletic dept lets on. Sure put me to thinking about what's going on up there.

No doubt.  There is a scale of success that will push people out.

Having a losing record in year 5 is going to make even the most diehard of fans think about finances.

For example, my wife and I considered jumping over to the NEZ club seats but we are going to wait it out for two reasons:

1.  We like our current seats.
2. The money we would have used for NEZ seats will be used for Razorback baseball.

We will make the jump if/when the money and the commitment match up.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

lakecityhog

Those of you that actually think that JL will keep BB if it means his job may well be surprised.

bondhue

I gave it a read.  First, I am available  as an editor.  Incomplete sentences make a writer look illiterate.  I don't charge much.

Second, I agree with everything else.  I turned down free tickets this year.

That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

ricepig

Quote from: hogblitz on September 19, 2017, 08:09:42 pm
I knew you would be along shortly to refute.

If you mean providing facts, I was a little wrong on the increases, but what else do we have to go on besides hard published numbers?

forrest city joe

Quote from: lakecityhog on September 19, 2017, 08:13:22 pm
Those of you that actually think that JL will keep BB if it means his job may well be surprised.
On this we agree.but from what i was reading,it seems Long may be in trouble if coach B keeps losing. that both may be gone. i don't think Long is going anywhere.but that,s me. but reading that. if coach B keeps losing these games,he is gone.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Silver Hog

bondhue

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 19, 2017, 08:11:31 pm
WOW! are you freaking kidding me! you mean to tell me Vandy has more sec wins than Arkansas over the last 5 years.good God! i knew things were bad.but i did not know this Vandy stat. bottom line after reading that.coach B better start winning games fast.and Jeff Long may even be in trouble if he does not.anyone else with me after reading this? looks like if coach B does not start winning games fast,he is gone.
Don't have a heart attack, but I bet they have more on the Dean's List, or whatever it's called, and their APR is better.
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

Porkchop#1

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 19, 2017, 08:11:31 pm
Really no surprise, both of them are on thin ice.  Never should have fired Petrino.

wachhog

Andy has gray hair.  In all those years, you'da thunk he woulda learned some grammar and how to spell. He would have much more credibility. Interesting, never-the-less. But, Andy, ask somebody to proofread for ya.

forrest city joe

Quote from: bondhue on September 19, 2017, 08:25:43 pm
Don't have a heart attack, but I bet they have more on the Dean's List, or whatever it's called, and their APR is better.
And that's great. i am all for kids getting a good education. but coaches get paid to win games.and the man has not won enough games.he has to start winning now from what i just read.when Vandy has won more games than Arkansas the last 5 years.something has to be done.

grayhawg

That's all well and good but it doesn't put butts in the seats and pay the bills. It is not often 60,000 or 75,000 come to watch scholars receive awards.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Porkchop#1 on September 19, 2017, 08:27:11 pm
Really no surprise, both of them are on thin ice.  Never should have fired Petrino.
O i agree and said it at the time.i pleaded with this board to be careful what they wish for.but i and some others were shouted down.so i moved on and got behind coach B. and i hung in there with him right up to TCU.Auburn,Mizzo and VA.Tech,should have been it. but i really like coach B and wanted it to work out. i still want it to work out. i am hoping for a football miracle.

bondhue

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 19, 2017, 08:30:40 pm
And that's great. i am all for kids getting a good education. but coaches get paid to win games.and the man has not won enough games.he has to start winning now from what i just read.when Vandy has won the games than Arkansas the last 5 years.something has to be done.
Sorry, I was not clear.  I bet VANDY has more on the Dean's list and I bet VANDY"S APR is better, in addition to more games won.  My fault.  I share your pain.

Porkchop#1

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 19, 2017, 08:36:10 pm
O i agree and said it at the time.i pleaded with this board to be careful what they wish for.but i and some others were shouted down.so i moved on and got behind coach B. and i hung in there with him right up to TCU.Auburn,Mizzo and VA.Tech,should have been it. but i really like coach B and wanted it to work out. i still want it to work out. i am hoping fir a football miracle.
Sadly that is what we need Joe, a freakin miracle.

007 License To Squeal

Seems pretty spot-on.........and he seems to have sources....
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

forrest city joe

Quote from: bondhue on September 19, 2017, 08:37:10 pm
Sorry, I was not clear.  I bet VANDY has more on the Dean's list and I bet VANDY"S APR is better, in addition to more games won.  My fault.  I share your pain.
No problem man.after the way the season ended.and after the TCU game. a lot of us are really pissed about this.

007 License To Squeal

"As it's been proven all across the SEC, nothing drives the overall economy of a university more than winning football games"
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

jcbville

Whole lot of "they say" and "word is" without any actual sources. Could just as easily be a post here. Interesting for gossip and nothing more. So I'll say...We'll see.

onebadrubi

You can't write an article like that and only use speculation and opinion throughout the article.  If you want to gain traction with an article like that from an independent thinking person, you have to support your claim.  The author of that did not.  He saw the opportunity for clicks from people/fanatics searching to jump on a bandwagon.  He will get that. 

I'm not saying he's wrong, but we need numbers to back his claim. 

Steef

Thanks, Wilson.

Good read. Disheartening. But good to know.

Porkchop#1

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on September 19, 2017, 08:40:58 pm
"As it's been proven all across the SEC, nothing drives the overall economy of a university more than winning football games"
Which is why we never should have fired Petrino...what were those people thinking?  It was blatantly obvious, but yet, we screwed it up.

No need to win the battle but lose the war.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 19, 2017, 08:45:14 pm
You can't write an article like that and only use speculation and opinion throughout the article.  If you want to gain traction with an article like that from an independent thinking person, you have to support your claim.  The author of that did not.  He saw the opportunity for clicks from people/fanatics searching to jump on a bandwagon.  He will get that. 

totally agree. START THE AUDIT> WE NEED NUMBERS>
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

jcbville

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 19, 2017, 08:45:14 pm

Exactly. Just red meat for the mob.

bondhue

Quote from: jcbville on September 19, 2017, 08:43:38 pm
Whole lot of "they say" and "word is" without any actual sources. Could just as easily be a post here. Interesting for gossip and nothing more. So I'll say...We'll see.
I have some friends who could buy and sell a Caribbean island.   If they were day traders we would say they are selling hog bellies short.

hawgon

I suspect there are quite a few unsheathed daggers over at the Foundation just waiting for an opportune moment to be thrust in a Yankee back.  Long rode roughshod over them some years back and they've been nursing the bruises ever since.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

ricepig

Quote from: jcbville on September 19, 2017, 08:43:38 pm

My points earlier, if there's something there, it'll come out.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Porkchop#1 on September 19, 2017, 08:46:09 pm
Which is why we never should have fired Petrino...what were those people thinking?  It was blatantly obvious, but yet, we screwed it up.

No need to win the battle but lose the war.
I agree. and if you remember i said suspend him without pay.and warn him.i knew something like this could happen.and warn people. but most on here disagreed with me. the rest is history. but that is the past. nothing we can do about what happen. he was fired and that's that.we need a football miracle right now.

elksnort

Without starting a post on this one comment, I will say this game means either Bielema is going to get it done or not for me.

ricepig

Quote from: bondhue on September 19, 2017, 08:49:50 pm
I have some friends who could buy and sell a Caribbean island.   If they were day traders we would say they are selling hog bellies short.

Yeah, you can buy an uninhabited island for around $1.5m, but you wouldn't have much.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 19, 2017, 08:56:50 pm
I agree. and if you remember i said suspend him without pay.and warn him.i knew something like this could happen.and warn people. but most on here disagreed with me. the rest is history. but that is the past. nothing we can do about what happen. he was fired and that's that.we need a football miracle right now.

Petrino wasn't going to go along with a lot of punitive measures in order to stay at Arkansas. Later, he changed his mind, but too late.
Go Hogs Go!

bondhue

Quote from: ricepig on September 19, 2017, 08:58:19 pm
Yeah, you can buy an uninhabited island for around $1.5m, but you wouldn't have much.
Well, you could invite Jeffrey Epstein over with his friend Bill, then laissez le bon temps rouler.

forrest city joe

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 19, 2017, 08:58:44 pm
Petrino wasn't going to go along with a lot of punitive measures in order to stay at Arkansas. Later, he changed his mind, but too late.
never should have been to late to keep a coach this good.he was a perfect fit for what Arkansas needs as a head coach.but i am not going to re-fight this. he was fired,and i have moved on.my question is what do\we do now if we don't get a football miracle?

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: bondhue on September 19, 2017, 09:02:39 pm
Well, you could invite Jeffrey Epstein over with his friend Bill, then laissez le bon temps rouler.

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

elksnort

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 19, 2017, 09:04:46 pm
never should have been to late to keep a coach this good.he was a perfect fit for what Arkansas needs as a head coach.but i am not going to re-fight this. he was fired,and i have moved on.my question is what do y\we do now if we don't get a football miracle?
Bielema needs to either win at the very least seven games or he needs to be gone then go get the guy from Memphis or Brom

Quote from: wachhog on September 19, 2017, 08:29:26 pm
Andy has gray hair.  In all those years, you'da thunk he woulda learned some grammar and how to spell. He would have much more credibility. Interesting, never-the-less. But, Andy, ask somebody to proofread for ya.
Very true. Loses a lot of credibility there.

We always hear talk of "big money" paying off our buyouts, but this would be the 2nd biggest buyout in CFB history. I can't see us doing that, especially if we are having the money troubles the article implicates.

elksnort

BILLYBOB

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 19, 2017, 07:46:16 pm
Guy makes some interesting points.

http://hitthatline.com/bielema-long-facing-first-crossroads-of-season-saturday/

Lots of suggestion, innuendo, and pure speculation. Very little hard facts.
Who are these wealthy people lining up to pay off CBB. Smells like BS.
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

ricepig

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 19, 2017, 09:04:46 pm
Ot never should have been to late to keep a coach this good.he was a perfect fit for what Arkansas needs as a head coach.but i am not going to re-fight this. he was fired,and i have moved on.my question is what do y\we do now if we don't get a football miracle?

If the right people convince the right people(BOT/administration) that a change needs to be made, then one will be made. I suspect they'll have to pay off Long as well, as I don't see him firing Bielema after this year, barring a 3-9,4-8 type of season.

bondhue