Asst coach leaving?

Started by JJHog, December 15, 2014, 08:47:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JJHog

" Think Right, Do Right"

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

grayhawg

Maybe, listen to CBB's interview on Bo's show.

Hogdomer

ricepig

Bielema: I've been very fortunate that Jeff Long has allowed me to keep any assistant coach I've wanted to.

Bielema: When Charlie Partridge took the job at FAU, we actually offered him more money than he was going to make as a head coach.

Bielema: We'll probably be able to keep most of the coaching staff intact.

Torqued pork

Isn't it fairly unusual for a coaching staff to stay completely intact from one season to the next?

fullfan

Quote from: grayhawg on December 15, 2014, 08:50:55 pm
Coach B said there "might" be one that he doesn't get to retain.  Does not sound like a huge upheaval.

navyhog24

Hopefully it's a certain offensive coach

intoxhog

Quote from: fullfan on December 15, 2014, 08:55:38 pm
Coach B said there "might" be one that he doesn't get to retain.  Does not sound like a huge upheaval.
I wouldn't mind if Chaney "found" another job.
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

ricepig

Quote from: intoxhog on December 15, 2014, 08:59:33 pm

Bielema: Our offense is a lot like our defense - it's a work in progress. ... Jim Chaney & I are both looking for that vertical threat to add.

intoxhog

December 15, 2014, 09:16:05 pm #10 Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 09:26:26 pm by intoxhog
Quote from: ricepig on December 15, 2014, 09:02:04 pm
Bielema: Our offense is a lot like our defense - it's a work in progress. ... Jim Chaney & I are both looking for that vertical threat to add.
Well maybe they can, but im not holding my breath that the offense will look all that different next year even with the addition of some speed at WR. If they lose a coach im hoping it on the Offensive side of the ball at least bring in someone with fresh ideas.

Personally I don't mind CBB style of offense, but i would like to see the O-line more mobile for traps, sweeps and screens ect. more misdirection on their blocking schemes would be fun to watch.

I know this, despite the fact they were the biggest line in all of football they really didn't line up and dominate anyone in the second half of season.
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: intoxhog on December 15, 2014, 08:59:33 pm

And who would replace him? Doug Nussmeier?

Chaney's offense at UT had the Big play Deep Ball. We just havent had the WRs to pull it off IMO.

intoxhog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 15, 2014, 09:26:29 pm

Chaney's offense at UT had the Big play Deep Ball. We just havent had the WRs to pull it off IMO.

Well were you completely happy with the offense this year, do you see enough potential for a big leap forward like the defense made this year?

I agree that having speed at WR will help but not going to win SEC with that blocking scheme and our linemen looking more like sumo wrestlers than athletes. 

Bama in their better Oline years didn't even play that vanilla.

sickboy

Quote from: Torqued pork on December 15, 2014, 08:55:00 pm
Isn't it fairly unusual for a coaching staff to stay completely intact from one season to the next?

Sure seems like it is at Arkansas. I can't remember the last time we didn't have some kind of turnover. Maybe I'm misremembering.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: intoxhog on December 15, 2014, 09:33:33 pm
Well were you completely happy with the offense this year, do you see enough potential for a big leap forward like the defense made this year?

I agree that having speed at WR will help but not going to win SEC with that blocking scheme. Bama in their better Oline years didn't even play that vanilla.

IMO the 2 weakest units were RB and WR. Running Backs Fumbling and WR drops early in the year. George McDonald and John Settle could both be looking for jobs.

I didn't have an issue with our blocking schemes. I felt we lacked the athleticism on the Oline to effectively pull in slower developing plays. But I believe players like Josh Allen and Brian Wallace can change that issue

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: grayhawg on December 15, 2014, 08:50:55 pm

It sure sounded like it was Shannon. If Shannon operates here like he did at TCU it will be announced after the bowl game

intoxhog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 15, 2014, 09:44:17 pm
IMO the 2 weakest units were RB and WR. Running Backs Fumbling and WR drops early in the year. George McDonald and John Settle could both be looking for jobs.

I didn't have an issue with our blocking schemes. I felt we lacked the athleticism on the Oline to effectively pull in slower developing plays. But I believe players like Josh Allen and Brian Wallace can change that issue
Maybe your right, and i hope you are but i think its starts with the off-season with the line. They built the guys up like steam rollers with no speed then they didn't beat people at the point of attack with any consistency this year.

Choctaw Hog

That's a no-brainer, intoxhog.  Apparently he's had a great deal of success coaching at the college level and he knows a lot more about coaching than Chaney does, at least in his own mind.  Hell, I bet Bielema could even double his allowance his parents give him each week.       

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: intoxhog on December 15, 2014, 10:04:15 pm
Maybe your right, and i hope you are but i think its starts with the off-season with the line. They built the guys up like steam rollers with no speed then they didn't beat people at the point of attack with any consistency this year.

Well, I agree the oline play has not good been good enough to play/win in the style CBB wants to play. And it must improve.

lefty08

Quote from: intoxhog on December 15, 2014, 09:33:33 pm

I agree that having speed at WR will help but not going to win SEC with that blocking scheme and our linemen looking more like sumo wrestlers than athletes. 

Bama in their better Oline years didn't even play that vanilla.
None of us saw the big leap on defense coming either
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

arktravlr

We lack a deep threat at quarterback.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: arktravlr on December 15, 2014, 10:17:54 pm
We lack a deep threat at quarterback.

Well it's true that Allen doesn't have the arm of Tyler Bray.

Overall, Allen really improve this year. My Only complaints would be he still abandons the pocket to early when he could of step up in the pocket and his is inaccurate passes due to footwork. But both are much better than last year, but still not where it needs to be.

intoxhog

Quote from: lefty08 on December 15, 2014, 10:15:10 pm
None of us saw the big leap on defense coming either
not as big as it was no, but they did make changes with Ash, at the time we were on melt down mode because he was built up as one off our best coaches on staff.

JIHawg

Nor the QB.

JIHawg

Quote from: GirlHog on December 15, 2014, 09:54:59 pm
FWIW, I talked to an admin guy from Miami U the other night who is good friends with Shannon. I told him I am a Razorback fan, and he said he regularly talks to Randy. I said that I hope we don't lose him anytime soon, and, he said, "He'll be there another year."

If you turn out to be right, you have immediate credibility and I will look for your future posts to be informed.

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Dominicanhog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 15, 2014, 09:46:40 pm
It sure sounded like it was Shannon. If Shannon operates here like he did at TCU it will be announced after the bowl game

That would be a bummer, I think he is a big key in Florida... what's the thought, Florida DC?  I would not want to be recruiting against him in S. Fla. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 15, 2014, 09:46:40 pm

How did it sound like it was shannon?

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: GirlHog on December 15, 2014, 10:36:10 pm
I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but I'm not one of these "in the know" people. I'm in Shreveport, and Miami is coming to the Indy Bowl. I'm exposed to the public, and I met a guy who was here on official Miami U/Independence Bowl business. Like I said, for what it's worth. I wouldn't bet any money on it, tho.

Ive never read anything on the internet that wasnt sarcastic.

Well, except for this post. Guess Im a pioneer of the internet age  8)

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Dominicanhog on December 15, 2014, 10:57:04 pm
That would be a bummer, I think he is a big key in Florida... what's the thought, Florida DC?  I would not want to be recruiting against him in S. Fla. 

I saw a rumor that said Co-DC at FL. But not from a reliable source.

CBB said something like I may not get to keep all because of their accolades and coaching connections. Nobody on our staff has more than Shannon

Doug

--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Theolesnort

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on December 15, 2014, 09:20:44 pm
Careful what you ask for.
They don't understand that this offense is being built brick by brick and to start over with something else would be a huge loss. Like Roosevelt said decades ago, changing horses in the middle of the stream is not a good thing. With all the hic ups the offense had this season it is a concept hard to understand by many on here. We have seen very little of the concept and what is possible with Chaney's new offense. Maybe I am being to rosy with my outlook on this but I do want to see it through to be able to judge it properly when all the pieces are put together.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.