Picks Texas 6 on confidence
i missed it.  What was their reasoning?

reddogjcss

Not sure. I missed that part also

Hollywood_HOGan45

Surprising.

This is a game we should win.

Dr. Starcs

Robert Smith and Todd Mcshay took horns (shocking!) with 6 pts.
All they did was brag about Texas defense and said if we are forced to throw the ball, we won't win. Smith brought up our loss to mizzou while totally ignoring Texas beatdown by tcu.

Ed Cunningham took the hogs with 24. Said he'd be calling smith after the game. Was very impressed with our team from seeing them in person in Lubbock.

rzrbackrob

Quote from: Hou-Hog on December 14, 2014, 08:22:21 pm
i missed it.  What was their reasoning?

Said Texa$$ can stop Hogs running attack, but did not mention how Texa$$ was going to score.
Good is the enemy of great

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 14, 2014, 09:07:53 pm
All they did was brag about Texas defense and said if we are forced to throw the ball, we won't win. Smith brought up our loss to mizzou while totally ignoring Texas beatdown by tcu.

Ed Cunningham took the hogs with 24. Said he'd be calling smith after the game. Was very impressed with our team from seeing them in person in Lubbock.

Im nost sure how texas will score six points. We've played 8 other SEC teams that would kill Texas.

reddogjcss

Locutus_of_Boar

Cunningham has actually called a couple of Arkansas games this year.

Mcshay thinks the Texas defense, which stopped 2 bowl teams (WVU and Okie Lite) is going to stop an offense that has already defeated the #1 (OM) and #3 (LSU) scoring defenses in the country.

Paul

Torqued pork

Bowl results never really surprise me when there is so much time between the end of the regular season and the bowl game.

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

Mcshay and Smith wouldn't pick us over  Concorde de Le Salle.
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

Buff

Quote from: Paul on December 14, 2014, 10:33:54 pm
Todd McShay is a doofus

Ryan Mallett agrees with this sentiment.

HOGKING

If McShay picked us to lose then i like our chances

Redhogs

I have never seen Robert Smith pick us to win anything ever...probably the most anti Arkansas guy on ESPN...even in the CBP days...doesn't like us ...period. On the other hand, Kevin Carter is probably the most pro Arkansas guy on ESPN and he loves us...said this on the awards show a few nights ago: " if you don't think Arkansas is a coming force to be reckoned with, then you are sadly mistaken".....close to an exact quote.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

razorbackkid

Quote from: Torqued pork on December 14, 2014, 10:41:34 pm
Bowl results never really surprise me when there is so much time between the end of the regular season and the bowl game.

I'm the same way.  Some teams that are pretty dominant during the season come out flat and/or uninspired, and some teams that underachieved during the season come out and play like championship contenders in their bowl games.

For whatever reason, we have a team that did not really underachieve per se, we did manage to let a couple games (that we should have won) slip away, but according to most, we did about what was expected of us.

I suppose the same could be said for Texas given the coaching change and all the attrition.

I fully expect both Texas and Arkansas to come out playing really well.  I give Arkansas the edge in the game because I feel Arkansas is a more complete team.  The loss of Gaines will hurt no doubt, but it will be the other side of the ball that will do in Texas.

While admitted an Arkansas homer, I still feel and believe our Hogs are closer to turning the corner than Texas.  I don't see us as having a chip on our collective shoulders, however I do feel there has been a quiet confidence building most all season.  Imo, but for the injury to Brandon Allen, we would have beaten Missouri and I believe the team as a whole knows this.

Arkansas, especially with Allen healthy (and hopefully A.J. Derby), will be one of the more impressive teams this bowl season.  I really believe that.

With all that said, what you said, remains true.  Christmas holidays, 18-22 y.o. kids and a trip out of town to play football.  The biggest surprise is being surprised about anything that happens.

Go Hogs, beat Texas. 

:razorback:

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

26.2Hog

All they did was brag about Texas defense

We played a much harder schedule than Texas, and yet our defense allowed fewer points and fewer yards/games than them.

If they were going to brag on a team's defense, it should have been the Hogs.

urkillnmesmalls

Those guys probably go to commercial break, and the conversation sounds something like this. 

"Man, I had a tough time keeping a straight face picking Texas on that one."

"Yeah, me too.  Sometimes having us make the outrageous picks makes us look like goobers later, but who cares for the money we're making for sitting here talking about football right?" 

:P
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Hogopotamus

Strange considering we have the 15th ranked scoring defense at 20.3 ppt, while texas is 33rd at 23.3 ppt. Also their SOS is 26th vs 1st for us (per NCAA). The smart pick is AR, of course I don't think it is a give me, but our worst loss this season was our opener at Auburn by 24 points, they got torched by 38 points at home in their last game of the season, so :/.

razorbackkid

Quote from: Hogopotamus on December 15, 2014, 10:33:54 am
Strange considering we have the 15th ranked scoring defense at 20.3 ppt, while texas is 33rd at 23.3 ppt. Also their SOS is 26th vs 1st for us (per NCAA). The smart pick is AR, of course I don't think it is a give me, but our worst loss this season was our opener at Auburn by 24 points, they got torched by 38 points at home in their last game of the season, so :/.

Yeah, I just can't see us losing this game.  I'd take the Hogs -6 all day every day.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

ChicoHog

I love this show every year.  They showed last years results before they started picking and Smith was the winner, Kevin Naghandi (host) second, Cunningham third and mcShay fourth.  It's all a crapshoot anyway.  No one knows what will happen but it's fun TV/talk radio to discuss it and share opinions.  I consider myself to be very objective on Hogs relative to most fans and I really do think we will win this game.  probably cone down to turnovers and if we win or are even on that battle I feel good about our chances. 

Now I'm heading over to ESPN website and do my own Bowl mania picks.  Try to beat those guys on TV!

TN HOG

I took the Hogs for the 39 Big Points in the Bowl Mania contest.

#GoHogs
Play like a Champion!

Dr. Starcs

Mark Schlabach picks..........all 39 bowl games. Long read, but interesting stuff on all the bowl games.

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=12038362

*****Spoiler Alert*****

Likes the Hogs 24-17.