Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No Bowl Tickets for me

Started by TN HOG, December 14, 2014, 05:41:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TN HOG

I was informed by the UA ticket office today that I will not be receiving my tickets and I placed my order the first day possible.  Good job by the season ticket holders buying all the bowl tickets!

I hope you guys have a great time in Houston!

#GoHogs!
:razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
Play like a Champion!

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: TN HOG on December 14, 2014, 05:41:32 pm
I was informed by the UA ticket office today that I will not be receiving my tickets and I placed my order the first day possible.  Good job by the season ticket holders buying all the bowl tickets!

#GoHogs!
there are always some available through the ticket websites (stubhub...etc.)

or has been

PP

atekido

stubhub and such probably bought out a lot of them.    and ofcourse they jack the price up

Beavthompson

Will be cheap tickets at the stadium if you go
Say no to drunk posts! Unless its a great idea!

southarkhog06

Quote from: atekido on December 14, 2014, 05:49:42 pm
stubhub and such probably bought out a lot of them.    and ofcourse they jack the price up
stubhub can buy up schools allotted tickets and raise the price? that seems like it should be illegal!

Sue E NoNutts

From the stubhub website:
"StubHub does not buy or sell tickets. The tickets on StubHub are listed and priced by other fans, and may be either above or below face value depending on the event."
Your/You're.....the difference between knowing your shite and knowing you're shite.

Lose/Loose.  When you lose weight, your pants feel loose.

PigTimePlayer

I got two great tickets on Ticket Monster . . . look at Lanny's stickied link in the ticket forum. yeah, they were too expensive, but not insanely so - but I am surprising my dad on Christmas with them, he has no idea. never been to a bowl game, gonna be awesome.
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

Lanny

#GoHogs!
Use Ticket Monster
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Razorbanker$$

I may have three for sale..face value.  will be good seats in Ark section. 

hogsanity

Stubhub has 7K, starting at $60 which is under face I think.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

popcornhog

That is not how it works at all.

Stubhub is merely a forum for anyone with extra tickets to sell them. Stubhub doesn't even set the prices, the seller does. For games that are in high demand, folks charge above face. For games that aren't in high demand, folks charge under face on stubhub.

WPS

AndrewGene

Quote from: PigTimePlayer on December 14, 2014, 06:28:18 pm
I got two great tickets on Ticket Monster . . . look at Lanny's stickied link in the ticket forum. yeah, they were too expensive, but not insanely so - but I am surprising my dad on Christmas with them, he has no idea. never been to a bowl game, gonna be awesome.
Be sure to take a video of that present opening.  I'm a sucker for things like that.

under_par

Also, keep in mind that the schools are only allotted a small number of tickets.  A big % goes to the bowl/sponsors to sell.  It is not like each team gets half of the seats.  I would be surprised if each team only received 10k seats each.

ARtillahog

Read an article today that said 67k tickets were already sold.  The stadium only holds 71k and the record is 69k

flowermoundstan

had no idea son, had no idea.

thanks for ruining the surprise

ChitownHawg

Thanks for the gift son. But mom and I will be at our Hawaii vacation home on the 29th. Surprised we have a vacation home? Well there was a reason you had to be on financial aid during college!  ;)

Nice surprise though.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ChitownHawg

Quote from: popcornhog on December 15, 2014, 09:14:56 am

Stubhub is merely a forum for anyone with extra tickets to sell them. Stubhub doesn't even set the prices, the seller does. For games that are in high demand, folks charge above face. For games that aren't in high demand, folks charge under face on stubhub.

Amazes me how many pop their mouths off without really knowing. Is posting an opinion, right or wrong, that important to them?  ???

Or are they just foolish like me?  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Jimmy

Vantage 8 dude

Nice job and great idea! +1 for you and hope your dad has a blast.

snoblind

Quote from: flowermoundstan on December 15, 2014, 10:03:17 am
had no idea son, had no idea.

thanks for ruining the surprise

:)

Is he really busted?  Or are you just giving the guy grief?

Spikes

Will be plenty of tickets outside right before game time, no need in paying all those "services fee" those brokers like to throw on each ticket.

Lanny is right... Use Ticket Monster whenever possible. Good company
You only have one life, so you better enjoy it!

FutureMan

Just bought three tickets through ticket monster.  I accomplished two things: 1) Get to support my razorbacks 2) Help support Hogville.  Win-Win.
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

shotgun7

I am sure there are plenty of tickets out there, probably better seats than you would have gotten from the foundation.  :razorback: ::hornsdown::

WooPig90

May have a friend who has 6 tickets upper level 50 yard line for sell if anyone needs?

code red

Quote from: ARtillahog on December 15, 2014, 09:59:25 am
Read an article today that said 67k tickets were already sold.  The stadium only holds 71k and the record is 69k
If the weather is nice....I wouldn't count on getting a deal outside the stadium.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

ricepig

Quote from: code red on December 16, 2014, 01:37:02 pm
If the weather is nice....I wouldn't count on getting a deal outside the stadium.

Why, it has a roof?

code red

Quote from: ricepig on December 16, 2014, 01:42:11 pm
Why, it has a roof?
Oh yeah my bad.  Sounds like its going to be a sellout tho....or close.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

ricepig

Quote from: code red on December 16, 2014, 01:43:44 pm
Oh yeah my bad.  Sounds like its going to be a sellout tho....or close.

Well, a large majority of those tickets are to Houstonians, do they go, or do they resell them? I think it's possible to sell out, but I also think tickets will be available for face and less on site.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

#GoHogs!

Maybe you can get a ticket Charlie..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

code red

Quote from: ricepig on December 16, 2014, 01:52:44 pm
Well, a large majority of those tickets are to Houstonians, do they go, or do they resell them? I think it's possible to sell out, but I also think tickets will be available for face and less on site.
True

idochog

I have 3 if anyone interested. 

Sec 111: 2
Sec 113: 1

Prefer to sell all 3. 
I love Jesus!

hogsanity

still 6300+ listed on stub hub.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

PorkerOinker

Quote from: popcornhog on December 15, 2014, 09:14:56 am

Do scalping laws not apply when it comes to Stubhub and other ticket outlets?
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

MAL3

Wait and buy 26th or 27th. You can get them half off face everywhere except between the 20's

Sue E NoNutts

Quote from: PorkerOinker on December 16, 2014, 05:53:23 pm
Do scalping laws not apply when it comes to Stubhub and other ticket outlets?

Scalping laws usually involve selling above face value on the day of the event, at the event venue.  There is no federal scalping law, so only local laws apply.  Most states allow selling above face value, except as stated above.
Your/You're.....the difference between knowing your shite and knowing you're shite.

HamIAm

Quote from: Sue E NoNutts on December 16, 2014, 07:52:57 pm
Scalping laws usually involve selling above face value on the day of the event, at the event venue.  There is no federal scalping law, so only local laws apply.  Most states allow selling above face value, except as stated above.

I've never heard the "same day" argument.  Can you provide a source for that?

According to this article from "Arkansas Business" the Arkansas Attorney General says
QuoteBut what about folks selling them on the Internet, brazenly asking for hundreds of dollars per ticket and well beyond face value?

It's the AG office's position that those people are also breaking the law if the tickets are for an Arkansas school athletic or music entertainment event.

I don't imagine many tickets are sold over the internet the same day as the event.

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article/21019/getting-your-arkansas-razorbacks-vs-lsu-tigers-tickets-whats-legal-whats-not-what-about-stubhub?page=all

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Trust me. 30 minutes before kickoff you can probably buy as many as you want for below face value!
Let's make some waves.

PigTimePlayer

Quote from: Spikes on December 15, 2014, 06:25:10 pm
Will be plenty of tickets outside right before game time, no need in paying all those "services fee" those brokers like to throw on each ticket.

Lanny is right... Use Ticket Monster whenever possible. Good company
Quote from: snoblind on December 15, 2014, 06:17:16 pm
:)

Is he really busted?  Or are you just giving the guy grief?

not busted . . . my dad doesn't know how to "work the computer" or the internets. he has no idea, it is not even crossing his mind that he's gonna be at the game.
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

PorkerOinker

I have also had good experiences with TicketCity and Vivid Seats.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

Murr

I never understood going through the UofA ticket system for non-UofA hosted events.

Got my seats on Ticket Monster hours after the bowl game was announced.

PigTimePlayer

I looked through StubHub, Vivid Seats, and through the bowl website but Ticket Monster had the best deal and I liked their set up the best. 

Also this is a really cool website where you can plug in any section/row in the stadium and see what the seats you are considering in NRG Stadium will look like.  check it out!

http://www.seats3d.com/nfl/houston_texans/

billy71801

TO NO BOWL TICKETS FOR ME I WILL SELL U TICKETS AT FACE VALUE. PM ME

Sue E NoNutts

Quote from: HamIAm on December 16, 2014, 08:12:54 pm
I've never heard the "same day" argument.  Can you provide a source for that?

Here are a few examples:

Connecticut CGS 53-289c:  Prohibits selling tickets within 1500 ft of the venue on the day of the event,unless the ticket is sold for no greater than its face value...

Delaware DCC 11-5-918:It is illegal to resell a ticket above its face value on the day preceding or day of an event at the Bob Carpenter Sports/Convocation Center...

New Jersey NJRS 56:8-26-38:  Prohibits reselling tickets in the vicinity of an event except in designated areas (vicinity of an event implies the day of the event)

California CPC 436:  It is illegal to sell tickets that were bought for the purpose of resale for more than face value on the grounds of the event venue without the written permission of the event sponsor  (grounds of event venue implies the day of the event).

-----
Obviously, Arkansas law is different, but the AG doesn't really enforce it.  I'm sure it is like that in other states too, which is why StubHub can "get away" with it.  Also, StubHub claims to be a platform for the transaction, and not part of the transaction itself.  With buyers and sellers possibly being in different states, and StubHub in another state, you can see how it would be difficult to enforce the various local laws.

Nipsey Mussle

Stubhub buys tickets, lmao!  People do buy tickets for the sole purpose of jacking up the price on Stubhub, though. It can be pretty lucrative. Get Final 4 tix as soon as they go on sale and then see what they will go for on Stubhub, it's a big difference.
I made a good profit on my SecT tickets and was late to the party on it.

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: Murr on December 16, 2014, 09:21:51 pm
I never understood going through the UofA ticket system for non-UofA hosted events.

Biggest advantage is sitting with mostly all Hog fans.

aaronpjones21

Quote from: Beavthompson on December 14, 2014, 05:59:48 pm
Will be cheap tickets at the stadium if you go

I was in Houston in April and decided I'd got to an Astros/Royals game. I knew I could get tickets for very cheap because it was the Astros/Royals.

However, there is a city ordinance down there and they are pretty strict on people buying and selling tickets. You pretty much have to get them from a licensed vendor. I was holding up 2 fingers to try and get two tickets and an officer stopped me and said, "you won't see anyone selling, it's against the law. The only way you can get tickets is through a vendor or if someone just gives them to you for free." Apparently if I paid $1 for a ticket, it would be a problem.

So, you should probably know this if you are planning on purchasing outside the stadium.

ARtillahog

Quote from: billy71801 on December 16, 2014, 10:10:55 pm
TO NO BOWL TICKETS FOR ME I WILL SELL U TICKETS AT FACE VALUE. PM ME

Seems legit...

jmb1973

Quote from: ARtillahog on December 17, 2014, 03:07:59 pm
Seems legit...

Western Union the money to his coffee plantation in El Salvador.

ricepig

Quote from: jmb1973 on December 17, 2014, 05:16:14 pm
Western Union the money to his coffee plantation in El Salvador.

My Solicitor in Nigeria handles all of mine and the Prince's financial needs.

jmb1973

Quote from: ricepig on December 17, 2014, 05:19:25 pm
My Solicitor in Nigeria handles all of mine and the Prince's financial needs.

Is this when I should send my banking information?