Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

STOREY!

Started by bigpigpimpin, December 13, 2014, 12:29:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpigpimpin

This football slingin son of a gun is gonna be a hog. I rarely seen a player be able to carry his team to a state title. They were outmatched the last two games but led two game winning drives. Glad he is on our side. I think he's gonna be a good one folks.

1 hog n eldo

I was at the game last night. Smackover was the better team and should have won the game. But Ty Storey carried his team on his back. Can't wait to see what he can do in a razorback uniform. Future looks bright!

acepoker

He is going to be a good one in a few years!

Buff

Quote from: acepoker on December 13, 2014, 12:50:22 pm
He is going to be a good one in a few years!

Hopefully good enough to make Bret think about playing talent over experience at that position.  Next step in the evolution of Bret Bielema is let the QB be a play maker instead of game manager.  He'll win with Storey in a couple years for sure.

Marshfieldhog

Can't stand game managers at QB, drives me nuts.

hobhog

I notice he had 35 carries for 153 yards?!

Wow. Is that the norm thst he runs that much?

PorkRinds

Quote from: hobhog on December 13, 2014, 03:51:32 pm
I notice he had 35 carries for 153 yards?!

Wow. Is that the norm thst he runs that much?

Despite his numbers he's more of a pocket passer. He can throw on the run as well. His running numbers are usually reflective of him being the best athlete on the field.  If he needs yards he can usually get them because of that.  The sec won't be that easy.

TeedupHigh

Saw him play three games and he is a ROLL OUT LEFT, ROLL OUT RIGHT PASSER or he was in the three I watched.  BUT he was head and shoulders above who he was playing, sometime it looked as though he was just playing as hard as he had to.

PorkRinds

Quote from: TeedupHigh on December 13, 2014, 03:57:39 pm
Saw him play three games and he is a ROLL OUT LEFT, ROLL OUT RIGHT PASSER or he was in the three I watched.  BUT he was head and shoulders above who he was playing, sometime it looked as though he was just playing as hard as he had to.

He rolls out a lot and passes on the move because his line is....not good.

TexHog188

That's what great QBs do, they carry their teams. Congrats to him and his team.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

HSVhogfan2

Isn't Charleston AAA?
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

The real Hogules

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 13, 2014, 04:02:36 pm
He rolls out a lot and passes on the move because his line is....not good.

His line was sufficent during their run through their conference, but once the playoffs began and the cream started rising to the top (the level of competition improved) his OL wasn't as good in most instances as the DL's they were facing, so Ty did what was necessary to win.
He's a gamer that will do whatever is required to secure the win.
TS is the truth!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Think of RM but more mobile.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

hvsupastar

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on December 13, 2014, 04:25:03 pm
Isn't Charleston AAA?

Yes. But FWIW the 3A division is probably better at the top than 4a this year.
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

OneTuskOverTheLine™

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=583651.0

I Started this thread this AM. in the recruiting forum.. it fits with this one...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

azhog10

Quote from: hvsupastar on December 13, 2014, 04:48:24 pm
Yes. But FWIW the 3A division is probably better at the top than 4a this year.
Not even close to being true. Dardanelle who lost in the semis beat Booneville by like 30.

SWarkansasman

He is way better right now than our current starter.

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: SWarkansasman on December 13, 2014, 05:40:09 pm
Not yet. Maybe in 2016.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

HF#1

He will push hard for the backup position in 2015
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

hawgfan4life

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on December 13, 2014, 03:05:45 pm
Can't stand game managers at QB, drives me nuts.

I can't stand athlete QBs that do stupid crap and get you beat when playing smart would have won the game.

hogs25

Quote from: HF#1 on December 13, 2014, 06:14:46 pm
He will push hard for the backup position in 2015

That's what I'm thinking he's got too much talent to redshirt.  I watched several of his highlights on youtube and he's impressive.  We could be pretty salty on offense with KJ on one side and Pettway on the other who's underrated IMO along with TS.  Our OL should get better, TE's are good and the RB from Dallas Rawleigh Williams reminds me of Felix.   

JIHawg

Quote from: Buff on December 13, 2014, 01:00:21 pm
Hopefully good enough to make Bret think about playing talent over experience at that position.  Next step in the evolution of Bret Bielema is let the QB be a play maker instead of game manager.  He'll win with Storey in a couple years for sure.

Yep.  Look at a picture of the kid.  He has some guns!

ricepig

I think that's said every year.......

Tusks

How does his game compare to TW?

RM with legs doesn't seem right.  I mean an arm like RM's would have him as the #1 recruit in the country.

If he's better than TW then the hogs have a bright future.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Pigsknuckles

So, does it seem that Rafe needs to be checking his rear view mirror?
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

BaggerHog

For you people that haven't seen Jordon Jones (2016 commit) play you should. He's a big kid that catches the ball and is super, super fast. I was really impressed with him in that Championship game last night. I truly think he will be a really great one.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on December 13, 2014, 07:39:34 pm
So, does it seem that Rafe needs to be checking his rear view mirror?

Best motivation there is
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Granny fan

He's every bit as good as TW, and is more mobile.

I do worry about the transition from lower level Arkansas HS to the SEC, but can't wait to see him play.

bennyl08

Quote from: tusked on December 13, 2014, 07:11:32 pm
How does his game compare to TW?

RM with legs doesn't seem right.  I mean an arm like RM's would have him as the #1 recruit in the country.

If he's better than TW then the hogs have a bright future.

Physically Brandon Allen is superior to Wilson, but that doesnt always a better quarterback make. Storey doesn't have Mallett's arm, but it is up there. He would be known as a strong armed qb in college and would be able to make all the throws at the NFL level.

I don't know that I would say he is more mobile than Wilson was, but is pretty close.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Boog41

Why is it that the Hogs best QB is always still in high school. I wish this young man nothing but the best and hope he leads the Hogs to the promised land, but he is no higher rated than BA, AA, or RP and comes from a smaller classification than all of them. It is a HUGE transition from high school to college. Everyone needs to keep their expectations in check for the time being.

Hogarusa

I've read on Hogville he throws a floppy ball.  Discussion please.

I kid i kid

I went and watched him during the season.  He was fun to watch
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

atekido

Until he can prove he can play vs DI college teams and be good he is nothing more than another Arkansas QB in highschool.

grayhawg

Quote from: bennyl08 on December 13, 2014, 08:43:25 pm
Physically Brandon Allen is superior to Wilson, but that doesnt always a better quarterback make. Storey doesn't have Mallett's arm, but it is up there. He would be known as a strong armed qb in college and would be able to make all the throws at the NFL level.

I don't know that I would say he is more mobile than Wilson was, but is pretty close.
I would, 35 carries and 153 yards rushing in the championship game is nothing to laugh about.

http://5newsonline.com/2014/12/12/ty-storey-leads-comeback-as-charleston-wins-state-title/

Hogfaniam

Quote from: atekido on December 13, 2014, 08:50:47 pm
Until he can prove he can play vs DI college teams and be good he is nothing more than another Arkansas QB in highschool.
Quote from: Boog41 on December 13, 2014, 08:48:35 pm
Why is it that the Hogs best QB is always still in high school. I wish this young man nothing but the best and hope he leads the Hogs to the promised land, but he is no higher rated than BA, AA, or RP and comes from a smaller classification than all of them. It is a HUGE transition from high school to college. Everyone needs to keep their expectations in check for the time being.

Careful.  Wrath will rain down...

WilsonHog

Are we saying that the defensive game plans he has faced in Class AAA Arkansas high school footba are comparable to what Will Muschamp, John Chavis, and Kirby Smart will dial up?

grayhawg

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 13, 2014, 08:56:25 pm
Are we saying that the defensive game plans he has faced in Class AAA Arkansas high school footba are comparable to what Will Muschamp, John Chavis, and Kirby Smart will dial up?
I'm not saying that, but he is definitely more a threat with running than Tyler was. I have also said he has all the tools to be great but how he adapts to the college game is to be determined.
  Several years ago we had a can't miss QB I might have his name wrong but I think it was Zac Clark. He just did not have what it took to excel in the SEC and had to transfer.

The real Hogules

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 13, 2014, 08:56:25 pm

Will he be surrounded by comparable talent at the UofA that he had at Charleston?
If given the time Storey can deliver a well placed ball. If he has to scramble he appears to be much more durable than our current starting QB.
Additionally, his long ball looks much more Mallettesque than a BA thrown ball.

bennyl08

Quote from: grayhawg on December 13, 2014, 08:51:01 pm
I would, 35 carries and 153 yards rushing in the championship game is nothing to laugh about.

http://5newsonline.com/2014/12/12/ty-storey-leads-comeback-as-charleston-wins-state-title/

Vs low division HS. I'm looking at his speed and quickness overall, not relative to the competition. I think has incredible footwork and will be very adept at moving within the pocket and with roll outs. I think if nothing is there he will be able to run for 3-7 yards and slide. Mallett was able to do all of that though. I don't see Storey running for 100 yards outside of high school though.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

TeedupHigh

Quote from: hogs25 on December 13, 2014, 06:44:26 pm
That's what I'm thinking he's got too much talent to redshirt.  I watched several of his highlights on youtube and he's impressive.  We could be pretty salty on offense with KJ on one side and Pettway on the other who's underrated IMO along with TS.  Our OL should get better, TE's are good and the RB from Dallas Rawleigh Williams reminds me of Felix.   

JoJo, Kendrick, Jared, don't forget...............

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: Hogarusa on December 13, 2014, 08:49:31 pm
I've read on Hogville he throws a floppy ball.  Discussion please.

I kid i kid

I went and watched him during the season.  He was fun to watch

Underboob is more sexy than cleavage. You heard it first here.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

WilsonHog

Quote from: The real Hogules on December 13, 2014, 09:06:29 pm
Will he be surrounded by comparable talent at the UofA that he had at Charleston?
If given the time Storey can deliver a well placed ball. If he has to scramble he appears to be much more durable than our current starting QB.
Additionally, his long ball looks much more Mallettesque than a BA thrown ball.

I phrased the question the way I did because it seems that sometimes we forget that there just might be a little bit of a learning curve between high school quarterback and SEC quarterback.

hawgbawb

hilarious
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

The real Hogules

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 13, 2014, 09:10:28 pm
I phrased the question the way I did because it seems that sometimes we forget that there just might be a little bit of a learning curve between high school quarterback and SEC quarterback.

His father was a HS coach at Chsrleston for several seasons and I've heard that Ty is really adept at watching and breaking down opponents game film.
I'm not saying that he'll start from day 1, but neither do discount the possibility that he could. Physically he's the equal of ANY QB to EVER sign with the UofA out of HS. He has football saavy and exudes confidence. Has shown the ability to throw with touch, or rocket a pass to a receiver when the situation calls for it.
While attending an Alabama football camp the Bama coaches called Charleston before the first day of the camp had concluded to inform the Charleston head coach that Storey had an Alabama offer.
My only reservation with him playing as a TF is that we'd be trading what Ty would be as a 5th year Senior for Ty as a TF, but there's no way of knowing if he'll be here for his 5th year anyway.
That is how good I think he can be.

Hogfaniam

The real Hogules

I'm not bashing Brandon, but by comparison the ONLY advantage that he has over Ty is college experience.
Ty has a much better arm and can tuck it and get + yardage when his blocking breaks down.
I guess we'll have to wait and see on the learning curve, but the talent is definitely there!

ricepig

Quote from: The real Hogules on December 13, 2014, 09:26:46 pm
I'm not bashing Brandon, but by comparison the ONLY advantage that he has over Ty is college experience.
Ty has a much better arm and can tuck it and get + yardage when his blocking breaks down.

Brandon ran for a lot of yards against 7A schools. I think when the DT's in college can out run your RB in high school, you find out it's not the same. I don't care if Tretola is the QB, but there will be a big jump in the speed of the game.

The real Hogules

Quote from: ricepig on December 13, 2014, 09:32:25 pm
Brandon ran for a lot of yards against 7A schools. I think when the DT's in college can out run your RB in high school, you find out it's not the same. I don't care if Tretola is the QB, but there will be a big jump in the speed of the game.
It may not be in 2015, but opponents will have to respect his arm, so there'll be a lot more opportunities for tuck and runs with Ty than we saw this season.
That's just my personal opinion and I'm by no means pimping myself as an expert.

arkmark

Quote from: Buff on December 13, 2014, 01:00:21 pm
Hope the kid develops that well to be in that position.  As far as Bret recognizing that you might remember Russell Wilson who did pretty well with Wisconsin as a grad transfer and walking right on to the field ahead of some  QB's who had been there longer.  He was a playmaker.  Bret's past the "evolution" phase of his career.  Arkansas is not his first rodeo.

ricepig

Quote from: arkmark on December 13, 2014, 09:40:01 pm
Hope the kid develops that well to be in that position.  As far as Bret recognizing that you might remember Russell Wilson who did pretty well with Wisconsin as a grad transfer and walking right on to the field ahead of some  QB's who had been there longer.  He was a playmaker.  Bret's past the "evolution" phase of his career.  Arkansas is not his first rodeo.
Wilson was a 5th yr Sr, correct?