Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bowl game suspensions

Started by ricepig, December 13, 2014, 11:14:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Defensive backs Rohan Gaines and Carroll Washington have been suspended for Arkansas' bowl game with Texas due to violation of team rules

Washington's career is thus done with Arkansas since he is a senior while Gaines can rejoin the team in Jan.

Also no change with Will Hines. Will not be back with team

greenie

PigTimePlayer

Crap . . . . that's just great.

Next man up.
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

PorkRinds

ricepig

Ok, another reporter says:

Bielema: Rohan Gaines and Carroll Washington removed from program. Gaines has a chance to return, but Josh Liddell to start Texas Bowl

ricepig

Washington is a senior so his Arkansas career is over. Bielema said Gaines has a chance to work his way back on the team in January.

NLRHog92

Quote from: ricepig on December 13, 2014, 11:18:18 am

Bielema: Rohan Gaines and Carroll Washington removed from program. Gaines has a chance to return, but Josh Liddell to start Texas Bowl

Huge loss if true. We're already shallow at S.

WilsonHog

You would think that at some point our players would figure out that Bielema has expectations.

PigTimePlayer

Quote from: NLRHog92 on December 13, 2014, 11:19:13 am
Huge loss if true. We're already shallow at S.

I don't think there's any question about it being true . . . straight from CBB himself in a press conference meeting.
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

ricepig

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 13, 2014, 11:19:53 am
You would think that at some point our players would figure out that Bielema has expectations.

Yeah, I know they are young adults, but you would think.......

BigSexyHog

Alot of hogs will be rejoicing on Gaines.  He seems to be a big target for many on here.  It's a shame though cause he is a damn good player and did a good job this year.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

PigTimePlayer

I hate it, but good for CBB . . . whatever went on, a move like this will help other players think about it in the future.

But suspending players is one score that I don't want beat Texas on.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

What a shame to get kicked off the team your senior year before a bowl trip that you have endured so much for over the past two years.

hogcard1964

Quote from: ricepig on December 13, 2014, 11:18:18 am

Amazing!

What did they do?

NLRHog92

Quote from: PigTimePlayer on December 13, 2014, 11:21:40 am
I don't think there's any question about it being true . . . straight from CBB himself in a press conference meeting.

Yea, I guess I meant more of if Gaines is gone for good or manages his way back.

Horthawg

Hopefully they'll dominate the top and minimize the loss on the defense.
Once a Hog-ALWAYS A HOG!

PigTimePlayer

Quote from: NLRHog92 on December 13, 2014, 11:26:47 am
Yea, I guess I meant more of if Gaines is gone for good or manages his way back.

Oh yeah, I gotcha . . . hopefully Gaines will use this to get back on track. Hate for anyone's career to end like that. Washington has no choice, he's just all of a sudden finished. That's a sad way to go out.

Dwyane Wade

For violation of team rules. Rohan has chance to return. Josh Liddell to start vs Texas. Per Tom. Murphy twitter

acepoker

jgphillips3

yraciv

Quote from: acepoker on December 13, 2014, 11:39:50 am
Wow. Not good

This kind of stuff unfortunately happens to a lot of teams this time of year.  Carroll is a SR so it's just  a disappointing way to end his career, but it will be good for us to embrace the next man up theory and get a younger guy filling iin. 

It sucks to lose Rohan because you know he will make some plays, but I've really been impressed with Liddell and would like to see him take over as a starter.

acepoker

I hope it means Gaines can return in time for the bowl, not just the team. Sure hate that for Washington.

ricepig

acepoker

Quote from: acepoker on December 13, 2014, 11:46:25 am
I hope it means Gaines can return in time for the bowl, not just the team. Sure hate that for Washington.

Yraciv, You are right about Liddell. He will be a good one.

Kevin

Liddell gets all the bowl practice, hope it spring boards him to,starter status in the spring.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

bigdaddyhawg

Yes, he says what he means and means what he says.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Piglet Dispersion Syndrome

At least Josh Liddell knows he's the starter now and gets plenty of practice time to prepare. I think we'll be ok.

razorbackkid

Hate it for the team.  Coach B. ain't playin' around about standards and expectations.  Good for him, good for Arkansas.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Ragnar Hogbrok

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Dropkick

I think Bill King calls this "Knucklehead Season"

The NewEra

WooPig90

Yes we will probably be ok for this game, but we will have absolutely 0 depth next year unless we sign 2 maybe 3 safeties.

Hogarusa

Why do people need to know what they did, why does it matter? 
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

alwaysnextyear

Quote from: Hogarusa on December 13, 2014, 12:29:06 pm
Because idiotic Arkansas fans are like little schoolgirls that feel like they need to know everything. Makes them feel important. Gives them something to call into Drive Time Sports and bitch about.

OTTER

As Peter, Paul, and Mary once lamented, "When will they ever learn"!
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

lefty08

Quote from: WooPig90 on December 13, 2014, 12:26:20 pm
Yes we will probably be ok for this game, but we will have absolutely 0 depth next year unless we sign 2 maybe 3 safeties.

Almost certain Gaines comes back next year I'd think
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

younghog

Quote from: razorbackkid on December 13, 2014, 11:55:11 am
Hate it for the team.  Coach B. ain't playin' around about standards and expectations.  Good for him, good for Arkansas.

I feel ya.. ~ I really do
GO HOGS

Theolesnort

And that is not a bad thing. As long as Bielema is consistent with discipline the better chance our young men stay off the police blotters this summer.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

LZH

I know, right?  When heads go up arses, nothing good happens.  I've been critical of BB over and over, but it's pretty clear to me that he's not gonna put up with a bunch of BS.  Good for him.

Buff

At least we'll never win the Fulmer Cup under Bret.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

So where does that leave our two-deep in the secondary?  Can we still fill a two-deep there?

LZH

Quote from: iCalledThatHogBrotha! on December 13, 2014, 01:22:06 pm
So where does that leave our two-deep in the secondary?  Can we still fill a two-deep there?

"Strong right, cover 1....!"

bigred223

I like Rohan, but I think Liddell is going to be very good.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Buff on December 13, 2014, 01:17:57 pm
At least we'll never win the Fulmer Cup under Bret.

They have changed the name to Jimbo Fisher Cup...................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: BigSexyHog on December 13, 2014, 11:22:25 am
Alot of hogs will be rejoicing on Gaines.  He seems to be a big target for many on here.  It's a shame though cause he is a damn good player and did a good job this year.
most ferocious hitter we've had back there since at least Ken Hamlin, or Kenoy. Love me some hitters at safety.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Hawgzinbowlz

When Lou suspended Cowins, Bobo (Ben and Donnie had accounted for 78% of our points that season) and Forrest before the '78 Orange Bowl, all that occurred was Roland Sales running for 205 yards, Ron Calcagni playing an excellent game and the defense was outstanding. 31-6 Hogs.

Next man up and the new starters are now experienced.

" GO HOGS "

razorbacker3

Quote from: Hogarusa on December 13, 2014, 12:29:06 pm

So they can debate the case. CBB haters will say he should be more lenient and that he is hurting the team. CBB supporters would say "what ever CBB does is right" and argue a 20 page thread. (I say whatever CBB does is right, and we don't need to know) ;D

RazorPiggie

ricepig