Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Players change positions

Started by MS_HogFan, December 13, 2014, 10:34:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MS_HogFan

CBB mentioned this is the time of year they try to find players a different position to play.

Who do you think could get a chance at a new position?

Denzel Evans to LB?
SOOIE

ldfergu

ricepig

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on December 13, 2014, 10:42:12 am
Tretola to QB?

I think he has a position, and we are still short OL numbers......but if we weren't!

IBleedRazorbackRed

Hogarusa

Korliss Marshall to Safety?  I will miss those discussions.  Beat RB on the team i hear
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hogarusa on December 13, 2014, 11:01:03 am
Korliss Marshall to Safety?  I will miss those discussions.  Beat RB on the team i hear

If so why didn't he start?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

greenie

NLRHog92

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on December 13, 2014, 10:58:31 am
Duwop to safety hopefully.

I'm thinking he stays on the offensive side of the ball.

Inhogswetrust

Nothing wrong with changing positions...................................... ;D
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

PORKULATOR

With the stable of young qbs we're attain,  Duwop seriously needs to change to receiver or safety or something.
wps
ny
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Hog on the Hill

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 13, 2014, 11:37:04 am
Nothing wrong with changing positions...................................... ;D
Yeah, it's one of the best ways to increase your salary.

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

alwaysnextyear

Van Stamon to MLB. I've been watching him in practice and he'd be a perfect MLB on the SEC.

Inhogswetrust

December 13, 2014, 01:51:47 pm #13 Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 02:08:29 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: Hog on the Hill on December 13, 2014, 12:24:30 pm
Yeah, it's one of the best ways to increase your salary.

You mean I'm suppose to GET paid..............usually I have TO pay.

Ugly Uncle

Ragnow to G and Kirkland to T.  I don't guess that is really that much of a change of position though.
Retired Radio Host

Athog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 13, 2014, 11:22:55 am
If so why didn't he start?

Obliviously this is a joke! At least I would hope.

RonBurgundy

Quote from: MS_HogFan on December 13, 2014, 10:34:09 am
Denzel Evans to LB?

Did they seriously say this?  He is too small to play LB.  Safety or corner maybe, but with Marshall gone and Williams more than likely gone, he would be #2 behind Collins at RB next year.

jdelo77

Williams isn't going anywhere , he will be back next year , I would be willing to be he doesn't get the draft grade he wants !

razorbackkid

Portis and Kingsley to W.R. ... oh...wait....
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on December 13, 2014, 10:58:31 am
Duwop to safety hopefully.

He would be an instant starter there now. No Gaines and Turner

PorkRinds

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 13, 2014, 01:55:48 pm
Ragnow to G and Kirkland to T.  I don't guess that is really that much of a change of position though.

I can't see Kirkland as an OT.

WooPig90

Quote from: RonBurgundy on December 13, 2014, 03:04:03 pm
Did they seriously say this?  He is too small to play LB.  Safety or corner maybe, but with Marshall gone and Williams more than likely gone, he would be #2 behind Collins at RB next year.

Williams more than likely gone? Lets not make dumb assumptions here

bennyl08

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 13, 2014, 04:04:47 pm

Yeah, I'm not sure he would be quick enough on the outside. Granted, what do I know?

Quote from: WooPig90 on December 13, 2014, 04:13:22 pm
Williams more than likely gone? Lets not make dumb assumptions here

What would be dumb about that? What more can he prove at the college level? I would not at all be surprised if he returned because he seems to really like being a hog, but staying in college because you are afraid of competing against other backs in the draft is not a good excuse.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Lake City Hog

Seems like I keep hearing that his family could really use the support. If his family is struggling financially he could easily choose to go if he sees a shot at maybe being picked by round 2.

alwaysnextyear

Last year CBB said Kirkland was one of the better pass blockers he's ever seen.

HF#1

Quote from: bennyl08 on December 13, 2014, 05:37:53 pm
Yeah, I'm not sure he would be quick enough on the outside. Granted, what do I know?

What would be dumb about that? What more can he prove at the college level? I would not at all be surprised if he returned because he seems to really like being a hog, but staying in college because you are afraid of competing against other backs in the draft is not a good excuse.

I'm curious to see how he grades out right now in the NFL.  I do kind of think it benefits the Razorbacks more than Jonathan if he stays. 
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

WooPig90

[/quote]

The way he worded it "more than likely gone" I have seen so many mock drafts and big boards who dont even have Jwill in the top 20 RBs. Yes he has been a solid RB but he still has a lot to prove to the NFL scouts, ball security for one is a BIG one.

HF#1

Williams and Collins both have the ball security issue. 
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

bigred223

Quote from: Lake City Hog on December 13, 2014, 06:04:19 pm
Seems like I keep hearing that his family could really use the support. If his family is struggling financially he could easily choose to go if he sees a shot at maybe being picked by round 2.

There's no shot of him being selected by round 2, IMO. Nothing against him, but this is a fairly deep class of rbs coming out. Also, NFL teams are opting to wait on drafting running backs more often than not now.

regi

Quote from: RonBurgundy on December 13, 2014, 03:04:03 pm

Evans is same height and 3 lbs lighter than our 1st Team All-SEC LB. Though I think he stays at RB, size is over rated for LB.

Kraus to Tackle, Hawkins to CB, I could also see Skipper going to right side with Kirkland, because Wallace will be LT next season. Wouldn't hurt my feelings to let Duwop compete for QB again.

bennyl08

Quote from: bigred223 on December 13, 2014, 06:21:34 pm
There's no shot of him being selected by round 2, IMO. Nothing against him, but this is a fairly deep class of rbs coming out. Also, NFL teams are opting to wait on drafting running backs more often than not now.

I think this year that trend changes a bit. I bet at least 2 go in the first, if Gurley didn't get injured he could have definitely been a top 5 pick. I agree that JWill won't get graded in the first two rounds which is all the scouts can give as far as predictions go now legally.

As for ball security, I don't really remember that being an issue with him. He fumbled at least twice in the MO game which is fresh on everyone's minds, my own included. I can't really find any stats on offensive fumbles and don't feel like sifting through the play by plays. While ball security is a big no-no in the NFL, is that really something that he would improve on in his fourth year in college vs learning it better in the pros? Knile had less of a resume than JWill, had perceived fumbling issues (never was a problem til his post injury smiley year) and that didn't hurt him. He was a fourth round pick and has done pretty well as a pro so far.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

SPAL

Vin ascolese may try some wideout. Kane Whitehurst may not give up the spot though. He is so Wes welker like.

razorback44

"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

RAZORHOGG15

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 13, 2014, 01:55:48 pm
UU you have always given pretty good info so I'm not sure if you were kidding or not but this would be surprising as I thought Brian Wallace was the heir to Brey Cook
ONE TEAM ONE HEART ONE GOAL

Never make the mistake of confusing kindness for weakness

razorback44

Quote from: RAZORHOGG15 on December 13, 2014, 10:06:53 pm
UU you have always given pretty good info so I'm not sure if you were kidding or not but this would be surprising as I thought Brian Wallace was the heir to Brey Cook

He's either kidding or he didn't realize what they were doing during that particular period of practice.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

scruf

I think the o-line would look pretty salty next year with Ragnow and Wallace at OT, Skipper and Kirkland at the guard spots and Smothers at Center. Tretola first man in.

blu

Tretola will start next year. He's playing as many minutes as any OL player now.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on December 13, 2014, 09:15:45 pm
Vin ascolese may try some wideout. Kane Whitehurst may not give up the spot though. He is so Wes welker like.

Well he is apparently at TCU now so we will see how that kid turns out, unless something has happened to keep him from doing so. I know that I saw where his Grandfather, who was a NJ Coaching legend, passed away earlier this month.
Go Hogs Go!

scruf

Quote from: blu on December 14, 2014, 04:53:24 am
Tretola will start next year. He's playing as many minutes as any OL player now.

I know, I know, lol. Who would you start him over at guard if the guards were Skipper and Kirkland? Skipper?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: RAZORHOGG15 on December 13, 2014, 10:06:53 pm

He is talking about the situation they practiced if Cook went down in the bowl game

http://arkansas.247sports.com/Article/Thoughts-from-Saturdays-open-practice-33836241

TheHAWGfather

I would like to see what Skipper could do on the defensive side ( alla Ed "Too Tall" Jones). Would be great pass blocker!

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 13, 2014, 04:04:47 pm

During the practice they put Ragnow in at G and moved Kirkland over to T and Brey Cook came out.  That is why I mentioned it.  I don't know if they were just testing to see how it worked or what they were thinking.  They only worked on running plays when those guys were in those positions so I didn't get to see DK pass blocking on the edge.
Retired Radio Host

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: razorback44 on December 14, 2014, 02:17:24 am
He's either kidding or he didn't realize what they were doing during that particular period of practice.

As I said, this was a move that they made during the practice.  I assumed it was in case Brey were to get hurt during the bowl game.  Obviously we aren't going to play Brian Wallace during the bowl game.  I just thought it was interesting that they were working on that.
Retired Radio Host

hogsanity

Quote from: NLRHog92 on December 13, 2014, 11:32:45 am
I'm thinking he stays on the offensive side of the ball.

i think it is 50/50 if he stays in the program.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hawgsalot

Quote from: scruf on December 14, 2014, 03:58:32 am
I think the o-line would look pretty salty next year with Ragnow and Wallace at OT, Skipper and Kirkland at the guard spots and Smothers at Center. Tretola first man in.

What, Tretola is our best OL this year and that's from Pittman.