Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Flowers, Tretola, and Spaight are included on ESPN's All-SEC "First" Team

Started by jbcarol, December 12, 2014, 08:37:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

hogcard1964

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Spaight's success shows that Randy Shannon is indeed "The Man"..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

sowmonella

Quote from: hogcard1964 on December 12, 2014, 08:40:56 am
I dig it.

Think Tretola enters the draft?

I don't think so. Another year will help his status in the draft.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

Abominable Hillbilly

"The old man was a good man he raised his children right, taught us how to work hard and showed us how to fight, told us about the good lord and how to use a gun, made me very proud of where it is that I came from"  ***BLACKBERRY SMOKE***

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Hawg_Thai'd

I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

hoglady

Spaight and Flowers aren't going to be easily replaceable.
Defense is going to have to find a leader with Spaight leaving.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: hoglady on December 12, 2014, 11:42:47 pm
Spaight and Flowers aren't going to be easily replaceable.
Defense is going to have to find a leader with Spaight leaving.

I agree, but I also think we are going to have some Juniors get on it next year and show out. If we have the current defensive staff next year, it could very well be lights out for opossing offenses. Philon will be better, Ellis should be on top of the world next year, with Collins and Toliver doing some nice things will not surprise me. I would like for Liddell to have a great season next year.

Spaight and Flowers will be missed, just like Smith was missed this year. However, if our coaches will continue what has transpired to "an exciting Razorback defense," then we will have "new favorite Razorbacks" next season. Woo Pig Sooie Beat Texass!!!!

hawgmasta

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: hawgmasta on December 13, 2014, 01:23:23 am
I had no idea Spaight led the SEC in tackles this season.

The Razorback camp kept telling us about somebody getting "Spaighted." Now we know what they meant. They could see at the end of last year what this year was gonna be. Something special. THATS for sure. Kirkland put it out after last season was over, that we would NOT see that again. They players are just gonna keep hitting harder and harder. We are fixin' to do some great things!! Woo Pig Soiee beat Texass!

jbcarol

Did anyone have a Razorback linebacker projected as consensus first team SEC in the preseason?
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

So, did anyone see ESPN's All America picks. They have a LB from Mississippi State (Benardrick McKinney) with literally less than half the number of tackles (61) as what Spaight had (123). How does that happen? 

Same position. Same conference. Same division. Mostly same schedule. 2x more tackles for our guy, but he gets left off. Seriously?

http://m.espn.go.com/general/videofeature?id=preseasonallamericans141212&num=16&parentId=0

jgphillips3

Quote from: iCalledThatHogBrotha! on December 13, 2014, 11:43:47 am
So, did anyone see ESPN's All America picks. They have a LB from Mississippi State (Benardrick McKinney) with literally less than half the number of tackles (61) as what Spaight had (123). How does that happen? 

Same position. Same conference. Same division. Mostly same schedule. 2x more tackles for our guy, but he gets left off. Seriously?

http://m.espn.go.com/general/videofeature?id=preseasonallamericans141212&num=16&parentId=0

Just a thought, but maybe that MSU kid is so good people ran away from him and did not throw at him, thus lowering his numbers.  Kind of like how double teaming kept flowers numbers down but he is known as a beast anyway.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: jgphillips3 on December 13, 2014, 11:49:04 am
Just a thought, but maybe that MSU kid is so good people ran away from him and did not throw at him, thus lowering his numbers.  Kind of like how double teaming kept flowers numbers down but he is known as a beast anyway.

I mean I see your point but it seems like it's a lot different at defensive end where you can put two offensive linemen on a guy AND run a play to the opposite side of the field, vs a linebacker who is more in space from the start and can create opportunities for himself, like Spaight did all year.

Also it's not like the guy had 90% or 75% or even 60% of Spaight's production in terms of total tackles. We're talking fully less than half on the year.

jabohog

I don't know if this factored in, but Benardrick McKinney has had a pretty stelar career at MSU. He was a freshman all SEC and consenus freshman all American. He's slated as first round draft material by most talking heads.

Spaight on the other hand, while the best LB we have had in a long time hasn't been on the radar until his senior year and he has received high praise for it. While his accomplishments this year are outstanding, it's the only year for it.