Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some of you just don't understand about Texas

Started by LuckyDavey, December 08, 2014, 02:57:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

popcornhog

Quote from: VirginiaHog on December 08, 2014, 04:03:40 pm
Me too. Even us younger one consider it a rivalry if we were raised right.

Same, I'm 30 and I hate them. I barely remember the SWC, but I still hate Texas. I was at the Ambush in Austin with my dad and the Cotton Bowl before that (was it 99 or 2000?).

I've also seen them break our hearts in Fayetteville when I was in college on the MJ fumble and I've seen them rape us in Austin (what? 52-6 Petrino's first year?).

Hate is probably a strong word because it's just sports. Austin is an amazing city and UT is a great school. But I enjoy beating Texas very much.
WPS

mhsbc59

Quote from: goodguytex on December 08, 2014, 05:39:05 pm
So you are saying our football program can't win an SEC title as long as Arkansas fans still hate Texass? What about Hog fans in western Arkansas that can't stand sooner fans? Them too? It's real easy to live away from the Texas border and preach to other Hog fans how we should just move on from our feelings towards Texass. Gets a little tougher when you have to work and mingle and coexist with Texass fans every single day. Try it and then tell me to just let it go. I can't. Kind of hard when they shove their arrogant superiority complex in my face all the time.

You could move out of Texas if its that bad.  I grew up in Memphis so i got used to being around a bunch of different fan bases
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

oldhawg

Kinda like trying to tell a WWII vet (if you can still find one alive), "The war was seventy year ago, it's meaningless today. Get over it."

snoblind

Quote from: jrulz83 on December 08, 2014, 06:53:35 pm
I love The Beatles, The Stones are better though. Nothing beats some 1960s Motown either.

I knew you were a wise young man.

;)

snoblind

Quote from: RazorWorld on December 08, 2014, 07:40:51 pm
Blue grass is the stupidest thing. I guess you could wear a pair of yellow lens glasses. So it was Texas or Smurfs? I'm in for the Smurfs. At least it is different. I suppose going somewhere besides Houston Texas would be a cultural challenge for some. Hot Damn!

Cultural challenge has nothing to do with it.  If you aren't capable of understanding the advantages/benefits to our program of (1) playing in the state we draw the second largest amount of recruits from, (2) playing the "flagship" (however down) school of that state, and (3) in a professional football stadium located in the 4th most populous city in America as opposed to some clown stadium in the frozen northwest not much we can do to help.

The fact that many of us are enjoying that it is the Longhorns is just gravy.

jfred59

Its this simple:

I HATE THEM AND IF THEY GOT IN A BATTLE WITH ISIS I WOULD ROOT FOR ISIS

PorcineSublime

Quote from: oldhawg on December 08, 2014, 08:21:47 pm
Kinda like trying to tell a WWII vet (if you can still find one alive), "The war was seventy year ago, it's meaningless today. Get over it."
Not even close. One was one of the bloodiest wars in the history of humanity and the other is some young men tossing around a piece of leather in front of their fans. Lets have a little perspective here the day after Pearl Harbor Day.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Steef

Quote from: popcornhog on December 08, 2014, 08:19:30 pm
Same, I'm 30 and I hate them. I barely remember the SWC, but I still hate Texas. I was at the Ambush in Austin with my dad and the Cotton Bowl before that (was it 99 or 2000?).

I've also seen them break our hearts in Fayetteville when I was in college on the MJ fumble and I've seen them rape us in Austin (what? 52-6 Petrino's first year?).

Hate is probably a strong word because it's just sports. Austin is an amazing city and UT is a great school. But I enjoy beating Texas very much.

Really good post.

jrulz83

Quote from: Danny J on December 08, 2014, 07:53:29 pm
I like the Beatles also but much prefer Pink Floyd!!

I can dig on some Pink Floyd, I have a couple of their albums on the archaic device known as Compact discs, it's just a bit progressive for me. I prefer the bluesiness (if that's a word) of the Stones though.
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

jrulz83

PorcineSublime

Quote from: phadedhawg on December 08, 2014, 08:17:20 pm
Maybe it's just the generational issue. Young ones are often embarrassed by their parents. Arkansans obsession with Texas is kind of out of date. Texas doesn't sit around thinking how much they hate us...they never did. It was a one sided rivalry that has been forgotten about by everyone outside of our great state. Holding so much hate for Texas just shows the had our goat then and still do now.

And every time I hear about "the game of the century" I just roll my eyes. Why we celebrate a loss still confounds me.

I'm glad that folks are glad they were at an airport at night but it doesn't mean much to everyone who wasn't at whatever airport you were at.

We are in the SEC, the greatest football conference ever.  Time to let it go.

I'm disappointed that we don't get to play someone interesting.  Texas is as appealing as but toast.
Nothing wrong with remembering the past as long as we don't live there. I think it is fun to play Texas again, but would have been just as happy playing K State or OU. I hope we beat them into a whimpering fetal position. As for meeting the team at the airport, that was done back in the day. There were no 24 hr news cycles or sports boards, so fans connected however they could. While I can't understand the hate, I find it somewhat harmless as I know they don't really wish harm to the players themselves. I am sure that no one would go backwards even of offered.

Hogs-n-Roses

TEXAS SUCKS! Deep inside of all old Hog fans is a hate for them that is beyond words. A rivalry is something that is old and nurtured and stewed over and waited on year after year. Like it or not. No matter what conference we are in. In my eyes they are our enemy and rivalry. I could never pull for them. even if we profited from it. I have sat in their stadium when it held 80+ and I've been in it at 100+. I've watched us beat them back to back times in Austin and I've watched them beat us countless times when we had the game won. Bret Bielema if you want to unite our fanbase, take your pointing finger and your pinky and raise them in the air with the 2 in the middle folded. Stick it straight up in the air with both hands. Then turn both of them down towards the earth and smile real big. Take it a step further and have your wife do it. When your first born child is born. then have him do it!

MTBrookHog

Here's what I get and I am over 50.

I was at the UA vs ASU womens basketball NIT game. Many Hog fans threw a fit by the way ASU celebrated their victory over us. As I was sitting there watching this celebration, it occurred to me that this is the exact same way we celebrate when we beat Texas.

Let's be honest. What would you have thought if the Texas players had stuck the Texas flag in the spot where Matt Jones fumbled. You know, the same way D'Arrius Howard did in Austin.

Pathogen

The Texas rivalry talk is embarrassing. We haven't played them in years (decades) in conference. It's old SWC - move on. The matchup no longer means anything. The worst thing is THEY never considered us a rival. That's the most embarrasing part.

Lake City Hog

I'm an older guy and I grew up hating Texas. I still enjoy playing some of the old SWC teams, kinda nostalgic.  Texas is a bit down right now, but they still have the "name" so playing them is good for the program.
I want us to win every game and this one is the same. From the perspective of the program a win is critical. Beating Texas is just makes it a bit sweeter.

Right now I almost love beating LSU as much as I ever enjoyed beating Texas. ALMOST! I like beating OM and Auburn, but there is just a little extra oomph that I get when we beat LSU.

I love the new, but I remember the old and love the idea of an occasional visit with the past.

Smokehouse

Quote from: PorcineSublime on December 08, 2014, 09:14:35 pm
Nothing wrong with remembering the past as long as we don't live there. I think it is fun to play Texas again, but would have been just as happy playing K State or OU. I hope we beat them into a whimpering fetal position. As for meeting the team at the airport, that was done back in the day. There were no 24 hr news cycles or sports boards, so fans connected however they could. While I can't understand the hate, I find it somewhat harmless as I know they don't really wish harm to the players themselves. I am sure that no one would go backwards even of offered.

I was hoping we'd beat Mizzou and have a shot at playing OU. They've done more this season and would be a much bigger feather in our cap if we had won. But given how all the records shook out Texas is probably the best draw we could have gotten. Beating a name brand will be better than beating the better team in ECU.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

intelligence

Razorbacking

This game absolutely means something. More than half of UofA's students are from Texas. You don't think they see this game as bragging rights. Campus is buzzing about this game.

HogFanatic

I'm 34 years old.

The first football games I remember watching were the Hogs vs Texas A&M first, and the Longhorns second.

I can't stand either one of those teams, and have always hated them.

But my disdain for Texas runs much deeper than it does for the Gaggies (and that's saying a lot). My father hated that team with more hate than I thought was possible for a simple game. Every time someone mentioned that name (Texas) in our house, the response was always the same (and my father rarely cursed out loud)...

Wait for it, and say it with me, folks...

TUCK FEXAS!!!

It didn't matter what was being said, "I heard Texas (TUCK FEXAS) may lose their OC next year." Whatever. Doesn't matter.

To some of us it is just something we have grown up with, and I accept that.

I hate those scumbags.
Arrogant, POS's

snoblind

Quote from: jrulz83 on December 08, 2014, 09:13:30 pm

Need I say more?

Nope.  69-71 was my favorite period, but I had that cassette (how's that for archaic?) within days of being released.

Pigsknuckles

Was responsible for a 9 story vertical bed sheet sign hanging from Hotz Hall in 1973 screaming "Beat Texas". We got beat 34-6 that October weekend, but never tell me that the memories of that era were fruitless. At that time, there was no team we wanted to beat worse than Texas. It was what we would now call a" moral imperative" to avenge the home drubbing that Texas gave us thatday. My avatar displays that ultimate revenge on an overconfident #1 Texas team that wandered into the Pigpen, unaware of the fate that would befall them.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Locutus_of_Boar

The Arkansas-Texas rivalry record through the decades.  Some interesting trends.

1890's-1920's 0-13
1930's 5-3 (First win ever was 1933)
1940's 0-10

1950's 4-6
1960's 4-6
1970's 2-8
1980's 3-7
1990's 1-1
2000's 2-2

Except for Fred Thompsen's teams of the mid 1930's Arkansas had no success against Texas before 1950.  Since 1950 the series is a far more competitive 16-30.  Since 1990 it's dead even at 3-3.

Texas might not want it to be a rivalry but the fact is that the nation thinks it is a rivalry and the long term trend is that it has become progressively more competitive over time.

balzak

And, I'm officially old when the hate for tu has to be explained to fellow Razorback fans. We went to the SEC when I was a freshman, and I grew up hating the burnt orange. A generation later, Hog fans don't have a true rival, or anyone to "hate".

How very sad.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: LuckyDavey on December 08, 2014, 02:57:41 pm
I have read some dumb things on here before but not as dumb as some of the things I read here today.  Not a rivalry???  I was a freshman in 1964.  Try telling any of the 5000 students who were at the airport at 2:00 AM to welcome the football team back from Texas that it ain't a rivalry.  They couldn't even put the ramp down for the team to exit the plane, so we just caught all of them as they jumped from the plane.  Tell Jerry Jones, Jimmy Johnson, Kenny Hatfield, and the rest of that team that it ain't a rivalry.

I had still rather beat Texas than any team in the SEC, including Alabama.  The Texas fans are the most obnoxious football fans in all of college football.  I don't care if we play them once a decade or once a century.  It will always be my biggest rivalry for my piggies.  What a great belated Christmas present it would be to beat them.  Go Hogs!!! and Woooo Pig Sooiiieee!!!!!

I've been around for all the "big" Texas games and yes, we do need to win but not because it's Texas.  We need to win because we are a better team.  Period!  Every down of every game is Arkansas vs. what Arkansas is capable of doing.

Beating Texas is just another victory on the road to building a championship.  Nothing more.  If you can't or don't understand that then it's obvious you never competed in athletics at a high level. 

We need to beat Texas because we are the better team, not because you want to thump your chest through the accomplishments of others. 

goodguytex

Quote from: mhsbc59 on December 08, 2014, 08:19:47 pm
You could move out of Texas if its that bad.  I grew up in Memphis so i got used to being around a bunch of different fan bases
I live on the Arkansas side of Texas state line actually. Living around Memphis is just not the same... I just ate with two whorn fans, a sooner fan, and an LSwho fan. By far the Texass fans are the most arrogant. And I can't wait to see the Hogs bring them down a notch.

go hogues

Hate all the SEC worse than UT.

A&M fans are exponentially worse than Horn fans. I will say this though, the worst I've ever been treated at an away game was at DKR and surrounds
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

jrulz83

Quote from: snoblind on December 08, 2014, 09:32:25 pm
Nope.  69-71 was my favorite period, but I had that cassette (how's that for archaic?) within days of being released.

Cassette? Did you like have an 8 track too?  :)

orvillesghost

I am 54

Some have said it's not a rivalry for Texas and that may be true now but from 1960-1970 it was THE rivalry for both schools and probably the biggest rivalry in college football for usually both teams were ranked in the top 10 when they played each other.

In the 70's, when I was in school, it was still white hot for Arkansas but probably not so much for Texas and I think us beating them in 79 and 81 helped cool it down a bit for Arkansas as well.

I never got over 1969..never have never will but I don't *hate* Texas, I probably would rather beat Alabama or LSU more these days.

secfan30

Quote from: Pathogen on December 08, 2014, 09:20:40 pm
The Texas rivalry talk is embarrassing. We haven't played them in years (decades) in conference. It's old SWC - move on. The matchup no longer means anything. The worst thing is THEY never considered us a rival. That's the most embarrasing part.

Funny though because we stopped them from getting more national Championships than any other team. 

Half my family is from Texass so I get to see a lot of crap first hand.

redeye

Maybe it's just the generational issue. Young ones are often embarrassed by their parents. Arkansans obsession with Texas is kind of out of date. Texas doesn't sit around thinking how much they hate us...they never did. It was a one sided rivalry that has been forgotten about by everyone outside of our great state. Holding so much hate for Texas just shows the had our goat then and still do now.

And every time I hear about "the game of the century" I just roll my eyes. Why we celebrate a loss still confounds me.

I'm glad that folks are glad they were at an airport at night but it doesn't mean much to everyone who wasn't at whatever airport you were at.

We are in the SEC, the greatest football conference ever.  Time to let it go.

I'm disappointed that we don't get to play someone interesting.  Texas is as appealing as but toast.

The SEC is the greatest football conference ever, today.  Things change, always have and always will.  But one day, some of us will probably have children who will fail to understand the significance of how great the SEC is today.

No one celebrates losing the GOTC.  However, it is somewhat different today in that it was once an honor simply to participate in something that big.  #1 and #2 rarely played back then, while they play multiple times today.  Playing 3 or 4 top-10 teams in the regular season was almost unthinkable.

Nowadays, all conferences are bigger/stronger and we're spoiled by all the excitement in comparison to days gone past.  Even though those past events may seem to pale in comparison to today, however, they were still huge at the time.  We'll probably never see another President attend a college football game, so it's still very significant in many other ways.  On the flip side, when #1 and #2 meet today, it's just another big game and not the historic event it was back then, so it's not as exciting in many ways.

redeye

Quote from: PorcineSublime on December 08, 2014, 09:03:21 pm
Not even close. One was one of the bloodiest wars in the history of humanity and the other is some young men tossing around a piece of leather in front of their fans. Lets have a little perspective here the day after Pearl Harbor Day.

I think you missed his point, because it wasn't about which was more significant.

Brer Hog

Quote from: redeye on December 08, 2014, 10:26:15 pm
I think you missed his point, because it wasn't about which was more significant.
I didn't.  It was one of the funniest things I've read on this board, simply because it was so irrationally absurd. Hilarious that anyone would think to equate the two.  Very funny!

Augustus

Quote from: jrulz83 on December 08, 2014, 05:44:35 pm
Did you walk 5 miles in the snow to school uphill both ways too?  :)

One thing I wanted to point out... and since you used an emoticon, I'll use your post as an example.

For those saying "move on", "get over it", or "why are they a rival"... The fact that this website included  ::hornsdown:: and  :razorback: as available emoticons, should speak volumes.

And, mind you, this website was created after the Hogs joined the SEC.

jvanhorn

Quote from: jrulz83 on December 08, 2014, 06:53:35 pm
I love The Beatles, The Stones are better though. Nothing beats some 1960s Motown either.

Partial to Stax rather than Motown.  I liked The Animals myself, LOL

redeye

Quote from: Brer Hog on December 08, 2014, 11:43:50 pm
I didn't.  It was one of the funniest things I've read on this board, simply because it was so irrationally absurd. Hilarious that anyone would think to equate the two.  Very funny!

Yea, well you clearly missed his point and just proved it.  It's like someone comparing the size of an apple to an orange and having people point out that they're different colors.

redeye

Just read this on Shaggybevo.com:

Quote$#@! those stupid arky $#@!s...some of the youngins need some schooling on the matter...

3 teams you must $#@!ing hate: OU, aggy, arky

Cannot believe I need to post that...

Seems that it's not so different over there.

Another interesting post:

QuoteI can still hear Chris Schenkel calling that play.

Chris Schenkel also did play-by-play (with Bud Wilkinson providing color commentary) for the legendary 1969 Texas vs. Arkansas football game, known as the "Game of the Century", culminating the first 100 years of College Football in 1969. The game, also known as the "Big Shootout", garnered a share of 52.1, meaning that more than one half of the televisions in the United States were tuned in. Years later, Schenkel said "it was the most exciting, most important college football game I ever televised".

Westcoasthog

Litmachog  Lou Holtz got the SWC to have Arkansas officials officiate Arkansas
games.  The week of the Arkansas - Rice game Lou Holtz put the SWC officials to change in an absolute room.  This hit the papers in the Houston Post and other papers in Texas - of course Arkansas papers and National Papers. 

Captain Crunch

I've been a Hog fan for over 40 years and the fact is, this isn't and NEVER was a rivalry.

First and foremost, for it to be a "rivalry" in the real sense, both teams have to hate each other. That's just not the case here.

Yes, in general, Razorback fans hated Texas for nearly a century. But Texas never hated Arkansas. We were more like an annoying mosquito or a flea or gnat or something similar to them.

If we were anything, we were third at best on their "rivalry" list.

Texas has Oklahoma as its rival. Both teams hate each other. They play what is known as the Red River Rivalry.

In-state, Texas has the Aggies as a rival. Both teams pretty much despise each other, although Texas just sorta laughs at the Aggies and makes fun of them. Still, they have some real bad blood for one another.

Then comes us, Arkansas. Yeah, we would once in a while sneak up and knock off the Horns and puff our chests out and feel good about ourselves. But the truth is, Texas overwhelmingly dominated our butts. The Horns own us in the series 56-21. That's not much of a rivalry. That's just a yearly beatdown.

But for us, Arkansas, this was the one team that really stood in our way of accomplishing great things, including that 1969 national title with Ole Nixon looking on. Yes, Texas is our rival for sure. We hate them and we want to beat them. But we just aren't Texas' rival. They don't really care about us.

Having said all these things that might seem like I'm diminishing the importance of this series and this game, I can't wait to beat their butts again. I can't stand them either. And I miss playing Texas. As much as they beat us, it was a fun series and I hate that we don't play any more.

I hope we shove that football up in them like stuffing in a turkey.

Go Hogs!

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

rlamb

Since we knocked Texas out of 3-4 National titles in 64", 65", maybe 79' and 81", they should at least despise us for that. I would a team that had accomplished that as they did that to us in 69'.

We are also 4-1 against them since we left the SWC in 91". Should be 5-0 if not for Matt carrying the ball like a loaf of bread at their 7 and fumbling in 04' with about 2 minutes left.

redeye

Quote from: Captain Crunch on December 09, 2014, 01:51:01 am
I've been a Hog fan for over 40 years and the fact is, this isn't and NEVER was a rivalry.

First and foremost, for it to be a "rivalry" in the real sense, both teams have to hate each other. That's just not the case here.

Yes, in general, Razorback fans hated Texas for nearly a century. But Texas never hated Arkansas. We were more like an annoying mosquito or a flea or gnat or something similar to them.

If we were anything, we were third at best on their "rivalry" list.

Texas has Oklahoma as its rival. Both teams hate each other. They play what is known as the Red River Rivalry.

In-state, Texas has the Aggies as a rival. Both teams pretty much despise each other, although Texas just sorta laughs at the Aggies and makes fun of them. Still, they have some real bad blood for one another.

Then comes us, Arkansas. Yeah, we would once in a while sneak up and knock off the Horns and puff our chests out and feel good about ourselves. But the truth is, Texas overwhelmingly dominated our butts. The Horns own us in the series 56-21. That's not much of a rivalry. That's just a yearly beatdown.

But for us, Arkansas, this was the one team that really stood in our way of accomplishing great things, including that 1969 national title with Ole Nixon looking on. Yes, Texas is our rival for sure. We hate them and we want to beat them. But we just aren't Texas' rival. They don't really care about us.

Having said all these things that might seem like I'm diminishing the importance of this series and this game, I can't wait to beat their butts again. I can't stand them either. And I miss playing Texas. As much as they beat us, it was a fun series and I hate that we don't play any more.

I hope we shove that football up in them like stuffing in a turkey.

Go Hogs!

Yes, thank you for repeating what thousands of others have said before you over the last decade or so, even though it's wrong.

I wonder if Tennessee fans sit around pathetically questioning their rivalry with Alabama?  Or Georgia with Auburn?  Has their ever been a fan base that was so hard on itself?

PorcineSublime

Quote from: redeye on December 08, 2014, 10:26:15 pm
Or perhaps I was trying to place some rationality and perspective in an otherwise irrational thread. Look I get it, fan is short for fanatic and so on. But maybe as an old fart I get a little offended when folks equate a game of sport with folks actually giving their lives for their country. I know he did not mean it literally, but all the same I would prefer that he pick another metaphor. Having said that I will lighten up and let the thread continue.  :razorback:  ;D

Randy Johnson

Quote from: snoblind on December 08, 2014, 08:42:35 pm
Cultural challenge has nothing to do with it.  If you aren't capable of understanding the advantages/benefits to our program of (1) playing in the state we draw the second largest amount of recruits from, (2) playing the "flagship" (however down) school of that state, and (3) in a professional football stadium located in the 4th most populous city in America as opposed to some clown stadium in the frozen northwest not much we can do to help.

The fact that many of us are enjoying that it is the Longhorns is just gravy.

I do like gravy.

immahog

OP was a freshman in 64....My mom was not even born then an I HATE Texass shorthorns ....just the way I was raised
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

demonHOG1013

I got to experience a little bit of the SWC being born in the early 80's.  I was at the last Texas game in LR, at the beat down in the 2000 Cotton Bowl and watched (from the Northwestern State lockerroom) the Hogs go into Austin with Matt Jones and work the horns.  Going to college in Louisiana everybody I played with was from Louisana or Texas.  All I heard for 4 years was LSU this, Texas that.  My roommate and still one of my best friends is from Texas.  He gave my dad a Longhorns flag for Christmas one year...then we burned it.

I hate LSU and Ole Miss, but there is just something about beating Texas. I friggin hate Texas. Cant wait for the game.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: go hogues on December 08, 2014, 09:51:17 pm
Hate all the SEC worse than UT.

A&M fans are exponentially worse than Horn fans. I will say this though, the worst I've ever been treated at an away game was at DKR and surrounds

I was never treated badly at Austin...........It was more of being treated with disdain and them being in shock. I realized their arrogance just couldn't come to grips with getting beat!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: goodguytex on December 08, 2014, 09:44:19 pm
I live on the Arkansas side of Texas state line actually. Living around Memphis is just not the same... I just ate with two whorn fans, a sooner fan, and an LSwho fan. By far the Texass fans are the most arrogant. And I can't wait to see the Hogs bring them down a notch.

Memphis is similar without the butthurt. Most are cordial. When around other SEC fans in Memphis most are not seriously hating on others except for some against one school like Bama and old barn. The one's here I've had the most issues with are ole misses and tenner fans.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: jrulz83 on December 08, 2014, 09:52:13 pm
Cassette? Did you like have an 8 track too?  :)

I had them. Heck you have to be even older to remember 8tracks!

Inhogswetrust

Maybe it's just the generational issue. Young ones are often embarrassed by their parents.

Parents are much more likely to be embarrassed by their young ones than the other way around!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: redeye on December 09, 2014, 02:43:23 am
Yes, thank you for repeating what thousands of others have said before you over the last decade or so, even though it's wrong.

I wonder if Tennessee fans sit around pathetically questioning their rivalry with Alabama?  Or Georgia with Auburn?  Has their ever been a fan base that was so hard on itself?

You validate what others are saying by pointing out the Tenner/Bama and Georgia/old barn rivalries. Bama considers old barn their top rival and old barn considers Bama their top rival. Tenner and Georgia are at best the number two and maybe number three rivals to them. We are like Tenner in that regard. Tenner considers Bama their rival but Bama considers old barn their rival above Tenner. Tejas considers TAMU (at least before they left for the SEC) and OU their biggest rivals.

hogsanity

This is what the guys telling everyone they should be thankful we are playing Texas look like

[attachment deleted by admin]
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE