Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone hear Greg McElroy on SEC network last night?

Started by moonswine, December 08, 2014, 11:51:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

He was the one when asked last week best accomplishment of the season by an SEC team he pointed to our shutouts of LSU and OM. 👍

KY Hog Man

Quote from: FutureMan on December 08, 2014, 12:00:24 pm
McIlroy is awesome.  He is extremely sharp and well-spoken at such a young age.  He could very well be the next Herbsreit.

This

Cresthog

Quote from: KY Hog Man on December 09, 2014, 10:19:39 am
This

except 50x less douchy and he has a NC ring that shines brighter than herbi's spray tan.

HF#1

He's the best analyst ESPN has, hands down.  Blackledge is close.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

FutureMan

McIlroy is awesome.  He is extremely sharp and well-spoken at such a young age.  He could very well be the next Herbsreit.

What I meant by this is he could be the "go-to-man" for all college football for ESPN in the future.  That's the only comparison I was making.
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

Cresthog

Quote from: FutureMan on December 09, 2014, 12:03:59 pm
What I meant by this is he could be the "go-to-man" for all college football for ESPN in the future.  That's the only comparison I was making.

One can only hope.

If he works on that spray tan, I'd say you're right.

sowmonella

So are we talking about the ex-Bama QB, golfer from Scotland & Northern Ireland who played for the Celtics with the girl friend that Musburger is in love with?
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Cresthog

Quote from: sowmonella on December 09, 2014, 04:12:17 pm
So are we talking about the ex-Bama QB, golfer from Scotland & Northern Ireland who played for the Celtics with the girl friend that Musburger is in love with?

I think you mean our starting Tight End...

Henry Hunter?

longpig

Creeps me out how McIlroy stares into the camera, do like what he has to say when I'm not too creeped out to hear him.
Don't be scared, be smart.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: runninhog on December 08, 2014, 01:18:46 pm
The guy deserved more of a chance with the Jets. A lot of fans wanted him to play, but they kept going to Dirty Sanchez. I like the kid.
Dude...  I'm a Jets fan and I prayed we'd use the kid,  but nooooo
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Nuttcracker, Sweet!

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 08, 2014, 01:22:37 pm
Booger and GM have done a good job this season.  Very professional even with the nickname of Booger.  Kannell and Joey Galloway have not. 

They play well off of each other, but Booger, or BM if you prefer, is a big-time LSU HOMER. He cannot be objective when talking about his old team. He and Marcus Spears acted like we had NO CHANCE to beat LSU, when many of us knew otherwise.

McElroy is very objective. One would not know he was a former Bammer most of the time.

The only time he was less than objective was when it came out that McCarron made some comments about a lack of leadership on Bama's team this season
Making fun of Hootie since 2003

Razorbacker79

GM is great!  Glad to see him come out of the closet, lol :razorback:

I should have known something was up when he was telling everyone, in the middle of the season, that Philon is the most disruptive DL in the SEC.

Booger is OK, but can't help but look down his nose at the Hogs, altho that might be changing.  I think Marcus Spears is much more objective.
Turn up that damn jukebox!!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: razorfan84 on December 08, 2014, 12:09:21 pm
He has been very complimentary to Ark all year.  Even during the losing streak he was saying just wait until these guys figure it out and then watch the wins pile up.  Been very nice to hear his opinions and analysis.  He will go far.
Agree.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: longpig on December 09, 2014, 05:06:27 pm
Creeps me out how McIlroy stares into the camera, do like what he has to say when I'm not too creeped out to hear him.
He has a way of looking at the camera and making people feel like he is looking them in the eyes. It's a good thing, imo.

LAHog124

"If there's one thing I hate it's losing. If there's two things I hate it it's losing and getting cancer." -Kenny Powers

moonswine

I would like to see him replace Corso on College Gameday or Holtz on Gameday Final.  I think he would be a great fit with May.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: sowmonella on December 09, 2014, 04:12:17 pm

i will have your baby....
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

jrhardy88

Ireland,Scotland,Wales......all savages anyway.Only the English are civilized.
Standing on the shoulders of giants.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: jrhardy88 on December 10, 2014, 07:01:21 am
Ireland,Scotland,Wales......all savages anyway.Only the English are civilized.

This fellow would disagree.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Mike Irwin

For those of you who want Brandon Allen dumped keep in mind that McElroy has been high on him for most of the season. In his early analysis of the Texas Bowl he predicted that Texas would sell out to stop the run figuring that Allen cannot beat them since pass defense is their strength. McElroy said that will be a mistake and that Allen can and will beat them with his arm.

That's a fairly bold prediction.

HF#1

Quote from: Mike Irwin on December 10, 2014, 08:17:31 pm
For those of you who want Brandon Allen dumped keep in mind that McElroy has been high on him for most of the season. In his early analysis of the Texas Bowl he predicted that Texas would sell out to stop the run figuring that Allen cannot beat them since pass defense is their strength. McElroy said that will be a mistake and that Allen can and will beat them with his arm.

That's a fairly bold prediction.

Not sure it's Allen that has ever been the problem.  I think it's a combo of the WR's and our sketchy play calling.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Mike Irwin

Quote from: longpig on December 09, 2014, 05:06:27 pm
He's told to do that. When they shoot those shows for the SEC network there's a wide shot, a two-shot and a close up camera. When the close up camera lights up red and you're talking you're supposed to look right into the lens.

I agree that it looks more natural to look at the person in the studio that you're talking to but that's not how most producers and directors see it.

LZH

Quote from: moonswine on December 08, 2014, 11:51:14 am
Said he grew up in Texas and was a Hog at heart.  Very complimentary of Arkansas program and expects big things of them in the future.  Seems we may have found a voice amongst the FSU, OSU and Bama boys.

I'm a little late to this party, but I did watch him earlier this week.  He's a sharp cat for such a young man.  I'm impressed.

Swine-as-wine

McIlroy is awesome.  He is extremely sharp and well-spoken at such a young age.  He could very well be the next Herbstreit.

Personally, I think you're about half right. He's fairly sharp, and definitely well spoken.
He also gushes over every single team that he's talking about. Herbstreit says what's
on his mind. When McIlroy reviews a team, it's as if he's speaking at their year end
athletic banquet. To me he seems so afraid to offend anyone, that ends up trying to
please everyone. If there's a sports cliche that McIlroy hasn't used yet, I'm sure he'll
eventually get to it, because as we both agreed.....he's pretty sharp. As vanilla as
Borden's best......but sharp.

FATHAWG08

You think It might because his dad is employed by Jerry Jones?
I love off season Football!!

longpig

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on December 09, 2014, 11:53:54 pm
He has a way of looking at the camera and making people feel like he is looking them in the eyes. It's a good thing, imo.

It's the look I would expect from someone telling me my surgery went well or they're sweet on me, not that my team is on the mend.
Don't be scared, be smart.

PonderinHog

PIGINAPOKE

The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?