Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

[MERGED] All threads regarding Korliss Marshall

Started by Hogdomer, November 22, 2014, 01:49:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kodiakisland

If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Deeznutts

dbaileyway7

arlhog

Quote from: dbaileyway7 on November 22, 2014, 10:57:28 pm
Has he played his last game as a Hog?  :puke:
Not an insider by any means, but if CBB wants to have any integrity marshall is gone.   don't see anyway that he can come back after what has been said.  Too bad because the kid probably has no idea of what he has just thrown away.   Wish him the best and maybe he can wake up and get his act together.

Oklahawg

He is done.

Time to move on.

It should start being obvious by now - do your business the right way or you'll be punished. It doesn't matter who it is. AC's punishment should have sent that message.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

reddogjcss

He's gone' he will end up at one of these schools! Auburn, Oklahoma, Florida. State, Louisville,

Dropkick

hogsanity

Some of us said, when some were so indignant that he was not being heavily recruited, that there were reasons for that that may not have been on field related. Kid gets a 4 week suspension, is told PUBLICLY, that it is his last chance, and he manages to play 1 game before getting suspended again. At some point you have to cut ties with a person like that.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Rzbakfromwaybak

Very disappointed to hear this.  He was given multiple chances, knew the rules.  Evidently decided he didn't have to listen or obey the rules.  Bad choices will come back to bite you. Nothing you can do with someone like that, but move on.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

bvillepig

If rumors are true then he needs professional help and I hope he gets it.

From every indication I hear he is a good kid who has some issues. It is true that you can' t get better if you won't help yourself. However there are some things that you can't do on your own. I am sure coach will handle it the way he needs to.

Arkfan

Quote from: arlhog on November 22, 2014, 11:05:37 pm
Not an insider by any means, but if CBB wants to have any integrity marshall is gone.   don't see anyway that he can come back after what has been said.  Too bad because the kid probably has no idea of what he has just thrown away.   Wish him the best and maybe he can wake up and get his act together.

Agreed.

No matter what he did it was bad enough to get suspended after only being back one game from being suspended and CBB saying publicly it was his last chance.

How could he possibly let him come back after that?

cypert2

Swinging on the two and the four.

k.c.hawg

Yesterday evening when the 30-0 shutout concluded I was as proud of this team as any I can remember. The way they have persevered, overcome disappointment in close losses and continued to take the fight into the next game like it was game one of the season is admirable. I was jumping around like an idiot screaming "we are going bowling and I don't care what bowl it is".

It's too bad KM won't be a part of it and that he couldn't do the things required to be a part of it. Every player on that team has learned great life lessons about what to do when things are not going good for you. Keep your head up, work hard, stay focused on your goals, don't accept failure. Hopefully KM can get things straightened out, find a good place to land and allow his talent to afford him opportunities and success in life.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

doc53

SEC talent.....junior high head.Was hoping he wanted to participate.
I was THERE for the Pooch Kick

atekido

I have zero tolerance for knuckle heads who don't realize how lucky they are to be given a free ride to college. 

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: atekido on November 23, 2014, 11:47:06 am
I have zero tolerance for knuckle heads who don't realize how lucky they are to be given a free ride to college. 

This.

I pray that Korliss finds whatever it is he needs to find to pull himself together.  This doesn't have to be a bad thing for him.  He could launch himself to success if he uses this failure as a spring board to action.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

reddogjcss

Bielema: RB Marshall likely done

Associated Press | November 22, 2014
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Arkansas coach Bret Bielema said running back Korliss Marshall was suspended for Saturday's 30-0 win over Mississippi, and the chances of the sophomore returning to the Razorbacks are "pretty slim."

Marshall returned from an earlier three-game suspension last week against LSU, and he leads Arkansas in return yardage this season -- including a 97-yard kickoff return for a touchdown against Northern Illinois.

Bielema said the earlier suspension was for a violation of university policy and that Marshall had "one more opportunity to get it right."

Marshall, who emerged as a top running back option last season along with Jonathan Williams and Alex Collins, has 119 yards rushing on 25 carries this season.

Paul

Talented kid who apparently has problems with rules.  Good luck to him

pfrg999

Dang.. Lotsa Talent.. Hope he gets his stuff together.....
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

trashcan maN

I just watched Isaiah Crowell rip the Falcons a new one. He was arrested on felony gun charges while at UGA and had to finish out at Alabama State.

Marshall's life isn't over, but he needs to realize what is at stake and start making better decisions. The kid has million dollar legs. Just needs for his mind to catch up..

Hoggish1

Quote from: trashcan maN on November 23, 2014, 05:57:04 pm
I just watched Isaiah Crowell rip the Falcons a new one. He was arrested on felony gun charges while at UGA and had to finish out at Alabama State.

Marshall's life isn't over, but he needs to realize what is at stake and start making better decisions. The kid has million dollar legs. Just needs for his mind to catch up..

UCA is ready to have him repair his life...

RonBurgundy

Quote from: Hoggish1 on November 23, 2014, 08:12:16 pm
UCA is ready to have him repair his life...

Could happen, but he's an Osceola kid, so my money would be on stAte or Memphis.

DukeOfPork

This sounds like an Auburn transfer waiting to happen. 

dignan

What exactly did he do? Why can't he stay out if trouble? Anyone in the know on this?

yraciv

He was gonna go to class before he got high.  He coulda cheated or he coulda passed but he got high.  Now he's failing and we know why. Yea heyy, cause he got high, cause he got high, because he got high.

(La da da da da da da da da)

LAHog124

Quote from: yraciv on November 23, 2014, 10:48:46 pm
He was gonna go to class before he got high.  He coulda cheated or he coulda passed but he got high.  Now he's failing and we know why. Yea heyy, cause he got high, cause he got high, because he got high.

(La da da da da da da da da)

As bad as this situation is I can't help but laugh at this
"If there's one thing I hate it's losing. If there's two things I hate it it's losing and getting cancer." -Kenny Powers

Melorock089

He did say KM's chances are "very slim".

I know that's dumb and dumber's "So you're saying there's a chance..." but he sounds like he left a window. That's why I wonder if KM is going to take the rest of this year and next year off to get things together.

bigredone

I used the last two games as proof to my son that if you work hard and do the right things it will pay off in the end. When you know you are doing the right thing keep going no matter the immediate results.

Sadly now KM is an example of not doing things the right way.

Mike Irwin

The situation that caused his latest problem is not related to previous suspensions. This current situation is under investigation which is why he was not immediately dismissed. I'm told that Marshall is claiming he didn't do what he's accused of. The investigation is complicated.

Virgil

Quote from: Mike Irwin on November 24, 2014, 07:14:21 am
The situation that caused his latest problem is not related to previous suspensions. This current situation is under investigation which is why he was not immediately dismissed. I'm told that Marshall is claiming he didn't do what he's accused of. The investigation is complicated.

Thanks Mike.
It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

carolinahogger

Quote from: Melorock089 on November 23, 2014, 11:29:18 pm

I know that's dumb and dumber's "So you're saying there's a chance..." but he sounds like he left a window. That's why I wonder if KM is going to take the rest of this year and next year off to get things together.

Lloyd Christmas: Hit me with it! Just give it to me straight! I came a long way just to see you, Mary. The least you can do is level with me. What are my chances?

Mary Swanson: Not good.

Lloyd Christmas: You mean, not good like one out of a hundred?

Mary Swanson: I'd say more like one out of a million.

[pause]

Lloyd Christmas: So you're telling me there's a chance... YEAH!

greenie

And the plot thickens...

Thanks, Mike.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Mike Irwin

Kevin

Ok thanks, wasn't sure if it was police or school
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

The NewEra

I hope the investigation shows he didn't do what he was accused of.  I've always been impressed with his intelligence during press conferences, communication skills and demeanor.  He's also got some amazing talent and potential that I would like to see him make the most of. 

I know coach B will make the right decision. 

Tim Harris

Quote from: Melorock089 on November 23, 2014, 11:29:18 pm

I know many will look at it the same way you did and say there is a chance but I took that more of "we just won a big game and I don't want to talk about it right now".  I expect him to stay suspended the remainder of the season and then transfer out at semester.  It would be a shame if he couldn't keep himself out of trouble.

Oklahawg

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 22, 2014, 11:11:33 pm
He is done.

Time to move on.

It should start being obvious by now - do your business the right way or you'll be punished. It doesn't matter who it is. AC's punishment should have sent that message.

I may have typed too quickly.

This is not as cut/dried as it needs to be.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

jgphillips3

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 24, 2014, 10:36:23 am
I may have typed too quickly.

This is not as cut/dried as it needs to be.

Why?  What have you heard?

1highhog

hoggusamoungus

SooiecidetillNuttgone

His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

PEtrader

Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

younghog

GO HOGS

Peter Porker

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

PorkRinds

BorderPatrol

Sooie71923

Bye!

If he can't get it right for his team, his future, his fans, and most importantly himself, then we don't need him.

I wish him the best of luck and hope he can turn his life around.