mikeb

Spicy Chicken Wings

12 whole chicken wings
2 tablespoons garlic salt
2 tablespoons black pepper
2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons fresh Greek oregano leaves
2 cups Blue Cheese Dressing, recipe follows

Rinse the chicken wings under cold running water, then drain and blot dry completely with paper towels. Place the wings in a large bowl and sprinkle with the garlic salt, pepper, cayenne, and oregano. Season just 1 side of the wings for mild, or for hotter wings, turn the wings to coat the other side with seasonings and then cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
Preheat a grill to medium-high.

Grill chicken wings, turning once, until the juices run clear when pierced with a fork. Serve immediately with a side of Blue Cheese Dressing.

Blue Cheese Dressing:
1/4 pound blue cheese
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon celery seed

Blend all ingredients together in a food processor. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.

mikeb

Hot Jalapeno Crab Dip

1 pound lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1/2 cup chopped pickled jalapenos
1/4 pound Monterey Jack cheese with jalapenos, grated
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon hot sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
1 recipe Toasted Croutons, recipe follows

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Combine the crabmeat, garlic, jalapenos, Monterey Jack, Worcestershire, hot sauce, salt, and mayonnaise in a medium-size mixing bowl. Toss gently to mix. Spoon the mixture into a medium-size mixing bowl. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese evenly on the top of the crabmeat mixture. Bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit for about 5 minutes before serving with the croutons.

TOASTED CROUTONS:
1 loaf French bread (about 8 inches in diameter and 15 inches long), ends trimmed and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices
5 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the bread slices on the baking sheet and brush them with half of the olive oil, then sprinkle them with 1/8 teaspoon of the salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the black pepper. Turn the slices over, and brush them with the remaining oil, and sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper. Bake for about 6 minutes, then turn the baking sheet around in the oven to ensure even browning. Bake until the croutons are lightly browned, about 6 more minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before serving.
Yield: about 32 croutons

mikeb

Nacho Layer Dip

1 cup leftover chili or canned refried beans
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup chopped tomato
1/2 cup coarsely chopped jalapenos
1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sliced scallions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Spread chili or beans over bottom of baking dish. Spread softened cream cheese on top. Layer tomatoes, jalapenos, red onion and cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly. Top with scallions and serve with chips

mikeb

Crab & Shrimp dip

1 can of mini shrimp
1 can of crab meat
1 cup of mayo
1 cup of sour cream
1 or 2 cups of shredded cheese
1/2 cup sliced scallions
garlic powder to taste

Use Ritz crackers for dipping

mikeb

Red Rooster Cocktails

1 1/2 quarts cran-tangerine, or cranberry juice cocktail
1(6-ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, defrosted
2 cups mandarin orange vodka, or plain vodka
2 blood oranges, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices

Combine the juice, orange concentrate and vodka in a large pitcher and stir well to combine. Add the orange slices and place in the freezer and freeze, about 4 hours. Remove from the freezer serve.

Lanny

I love chicken wings, the hotter the better
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

beatnikluv

Bread Bowl Dip

1 unsliced load of bread (I typically use a round loaf of sourdough from the bakery)
1 small can chopped green chiles
1 small can chopped black olives
1 block of cream cheese
8oz sour cream
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 jar Armour dried beef, cut into tiny pieces

Mix it all up, cut out the center of the bread, pour the good stuff in the bread then put the lid back on, bake for ~45 minutes at 350degrees.  You can cut up the left-over bread into cubes for dipping or use crackers.

mikeb

Sweet Beer-Simmered Smokies

2 pounds Little smokies
2 cups brown sugar
2 cups ketchup
1-12 oz. can of beer

Put all ingredients in a large saucepan and gently mix. Cover and put on low heat. Simmer slowly for about 45 minutes or until smokey pieces are plumped up and sauce has slightly thickened. This can also be done in a slow cooker.
Serve in a chafing dish or other dish that can be kept warm, with toothpicks close by.

mikeb

Quote from: RazorRichard on November 22, 2005, 10:15:41 am
You have all these recipes and the only thing you brought to the tailgates was beer. ::)
nobody asked if I could cook

LSUFan

Quote from: mikeb on November 22, 2005, 10:39:12 am
You have all these recipes and the only thing you brought to the tailgates was beer. ::)

They didn't have to ask you if you crapped your pants on a reuglar basis either, but you did that, from what I've heard :-*

mikeb

Quote from: RazorRichard on November 22, 2005, 11:16:04 am

Excuses.
Hey I did bring $30 worth of Frito's, cheese and onion's for HBH chili...........I'll cook up some stuff for the baseball tailgate's and next year for football how's that.

mikeb

Quote from: CabotHog on November 22, 2005, 07:33:57 pm
Quote from: mikeb on November 22, 2005, 02:23:09 pm
Quote from: RazorRichard on November 22, 2005, 11:16:04 am

Excuses.
Hey I did bring $30 worth of Frito's, cheese and onion's for HBH chili...........I'll cook up some stuff for the baseball tailgate's and next year for football how's that.

I'll TG with ya at some BB games. I work up that so I'll be able to stop by during the season. I was up there today actually.
Sounds good, hogapalooza will be there as well

LSUFan

Since the holidays are coming up, I thought I'd share one of my secret Cajun recipes with y'all  And I had a request for it.

This is awesome stuff, especially if ya want to impress somebody you are dating.

Enjoy!

For The Cake.

Preheat Oven to 350

1 Premade Graham Cracker Crust
1 pack of Cream Cheese.
I can sweetened condensed Milk
1 very ripe banana

Mix Cheese, Milk, and banana with a mixer on high speed until smooth.
Poor mixture into crust, place in oven and allow to bake for 15 minutes.
Turn off the oven and allow to completely cool with cake in the oven.

Remove cake and refridge for 1 hour.

Topping.

4 Very Ripe Bananas
1 stick of margarine.
1/3 cup of banana liquor
couple swigs of white rum.
2 cups of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of cinnamon

In a large deep frying pan
Melt Margarine over med heat
Add sugar, and cinnamon and stir into margarine mixture (Needs to have a soupy consistency, may need to add butter or sugar)

Slice bananas into chunks and slowly add to mixture until mixture starts to adhere to bananas.

Add banana liquor and white rum, flame off the rum and liquor. (Strike a match, touch it to surface of mixture, shake pan in a back and forth movement. WARNING, don't do this under your vent hood as it produces a very tall flame, about 2 feet.)

After flaming, spoon mixture over individual slices of cheesecake.

Now slap yo mama!