Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keep his family in your thoughts

Started by Großer Kriegschwein, January 19, 2015, 01:46:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Großer Kriegschwein

My machine gunner from OEF IX-X, Greg Gorski, died yesterday in Philadelphia. He did his part and more to keep everyone together in some of the most grueling terrain and combat conditions known to man. He was an all american kid that harbored some pretty big demons from his time in some of the most grueling terrain and combat conditions known to man.

"Life is short but this time it was bigger, than the strength he had to get up off his knees."

Will send address for condolences to those interested by PM when available.

[attachment deleted by admin]
This is my non-signature signature.

Ragnar Hogbrok

I hate to hear that.  So many of us have survived the horrors of combat and it sucks that those horrors can still affect us to the point of suicide (I'm assuming it was suicide from reading your post).

I wish there was a way that we could take positive action and get help to those who need it.  I'm not talking VA program (which is crap, for the most part), but peer-to-peer, vet-to-vet intervention. 

I really hate to hear news like this, but hearing the news is the only way we can start to solve this perplexing riddle:  Why do some of us find the memories too much and kill ourselves? 

May God bless his family in this trying time.  Please, God, not one more!
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Großer Kriegschwein

I agree 100% Chief. You say it better than I ever could.
This is my non-signature signature.